Dangerously Chloe 7-11-16 An acceptable loss

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-11-16 An acceptable loss

Post by BlairFan »

What?! And here I was thinking that only the Devil wears Prada.
:ymdevil:

mittfh

Post by mittfh »

Hmm... I wonder what (if anything) the DoomPanties would do to:
a) a 'normal' human,
b) a human temporarily in receipt of succubus blood (i.e. Teddy's first transformation),
c) a human in receipt of both succubus and reaper blood (i.e. Teddy now).

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Looks like a G-string shopping spree is in order, ladies! :D
vampire hunter D wrote:So, how is he gonna handle school? Is he actually going like that?
Not without a G-string, he isn't!
brasca wrote:I don't know what Pandora is expecting from him.
A G-string, of course. And stop it with all that logic stuff.

:P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

@Don Alexander: :)) =))
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

mittfh wrote:Hmm... I wonder what (if anything) the DoomPanties would do to:
a) a 'normal' human,
b) a human temporarily in receipt of succubus blood (i.e. Teddy's first transformation),
c) a human in receipt of both succubus and reaper blood (i.e. Teddy now).
I assume those "DoomPanties" are from another Pixie Trix comic, some sort of a crossover.
Since I only follow DC, can anyone please give me a short explanation?

Thank you!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@The Lurker: Chloe was originally a side character from 'Eerie Cuties' and the Doom Panties were a cursed pair of underwear. They were used as part of an extended arc in Vol.2., in which, her mother (Adora) explained what they were, after Chloe put them on prematurely and became possessed by them. Which caused Chloe to temporarily become evil and plot to overthrow Layla as Charybdis Heights' most popular girl.

Long story short: it's what lead Chloe to get her own spin-off comic, because she decided to transfer to Tartarus as a result of what nearly happened.

The panties were presumably either absorbed or destroyed near the beginning of Vol.3, during the summoning ritual that was intended to call Chloe back from Tartarus. But they wound up summoning Tia Darkness instead.

lincoln_muadib

Post by lincoln_muadib »

Welp then.

Teddy/Teddi has always been kind and considerate and it's always been that the rest of the cast... are not.
But both Pandy and Abby have been such total See-You-Next-Tuesdays that I'm really starting to wonder if the writer has issues.

Here's Teddy deciding to put on a brave face and be a girl- and not even complain about it- for Chloe.
In response to this revelation of sacrifice, Pandy's response is "whatever, show me your g-string"

Pandy has NEVER done ANYTHING to help the situation, demands to live rent-free and have ALL food bought, cooked and served to her, and doesn't even know where the cleaning closet is.

What exactly is the point of such a malicious, unpleasant and irredeemable character?
"Oh but it's a girl being mean to a boy so LULZ!"

Now we could handle one misanthrope but Abby has been written as a selfish brat for many seasons also.

Remember when she made a dive for the Golden Wings can because she wanted to feel good... AFTER she had already had Teddy sacrifice the first one to her... even knowing that without it Teddy was going to die and go to Hell?

With Teddy/Teddi's revelation her response to his selflessness is... "Oh goody, I get to play dress-up" and make fun of him.

Nice character? Hardly.

At this point Abby and Pandy are no longer amusing, they're just hateful little imps that really deserve to gave pianos dropped on them.
Not go on fun day-trips to Heaven and have fun little adventures while Teddy and Chloe have to navigate hell.

Rule of Funny eh?

Ha.
Ha.
I hated Yuki before it was cool.

It may be the Word of Mua'dib, but it's not the Word of God!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lincoln_muadib wrote:Pandy has NEVER done ANYTHING to help the situation, demands to live rent-free and have ALL food bought, cooked and served to her, and doesn't even know where the cleaning closet is.

What exactly is the point of such a malicious, unpleasant and irredeemable character?
See: pretty freeloaders and comedic sociopath, both of which, are common staples of the harem genre.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

well I like them
Yet still, I live...

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

@Gotoh, thank you!

@lincoln_muadib, they are stereotypes taken to the max, and add to the feeling of chaotic mayhem that is Teddy's life. I think of them as mostly counterpoints, obstacles and antagonists to Teddy.

@Gotoh again, I couldn't have said it better

@'J', I like them too. Not necessarily as people, but more as plot elements.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

did I enjoyed watching Married with children?

YES

would I like having as neighbors people similar to them?

Heck NO
ImageImage

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

But while Teddy has no way of getting rid of his sister, he certainly no longer owes anything to Pandora after he was fed from and after Pandora fondled and teased him when he was a girl. Odd cultural differences or not.

She made it abundantly clear several times she doesn't care about his well-being other than for how much joking she can do about him, so he'd be better off with her gone.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."