Dangerously Chloe 3-11-16 The Whole Girl Experience

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 3-11-16 The Whole Girl Experience

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:I considered Layla and Nina the primary characters while Ace, Brooke, Chloe, and Kade were strong secondaries, but regardless the point I'm trying to make is we didn't get to see Ace reflect on his transformation immediately after it happened.
Yes we did, we immediately saw how uncomfortable he was with Kade coming onto him.

And, throughout Vol.1, he struggled to come to terms with being a girl, while wanting to change back into a guy: We saw him confide in Brooke about it at school, again during the slumber party, again at the dance., and when Twiggit said she could change him back, until he realized it meant switching bodies with someone else.

brasca

Post by brasca »

With Teddy we got to read his inner thoughts. We didn't get that with Ace and as previously stated he and Teddy are different boys with different transformations. Ace was happy about puberty affecting some parts of his werewolf biology, but not the rest which is why he was more eager to change back. Teddy is embracing it thus making it a different situation and a different story.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:With Teddy we got to read his inner thoughts. We didn't get that with Ace
There wasn't any need to, since Ace was pretty vocal about wanting to change back.
brasca wrote:he and Teddy are different boys with different transformations. Teddy is embracing it thus making it a different situation and a different story.
I'm not disputing that, not that I can, since I don't follow DC. So I'll take your word for it.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...what the hell are you doing in this thread, then?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

To stir the pot, of course. That's Gotoh's raison d'etre. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Azrael: I didn't 'stir' anything. Brasca said we didn't see much of what Ace went through as a girl. I was simply pointing out that we did.
Storm-forge mystique wrote:...what the hell are you doing in this thread, then?
I don't read the comic, but I still browse the forum every now and then.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well thank you for the reminders since even though I read Eerie Cuties it's been years since that plot line so my memory is a little fuzzy, but seeing as how you don't follow Dangerously Chloe you are in no position to argue.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spacedoubt

Post by Spacedoubt »

I think Teddys thought in the last panel needs to remove the word 'at'. :p

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

brasca wrote:but seeing as how you don't follow Dangerously Chloe you are in no position to argue.
Does his "street cred" or the lack of it make his point any more or less valid?

Attack the argument, not the person's qualifications.

And please remember that ad hominem is a logical fallacy.

brasca

Post by brasca »

No it doesn't make Gotoh's point any less valid just ignorant and annoying.

It's like a Star Wars know-it-all who only has a passing knowledge of Star Trek, but still enters the argument when the 2 are being compared.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

TtheLurker wrote:
brasca wrote:but seeing as how you don't follow Dangerously Chloe you are in no position to argue.
Does his "street cred" or the lack of it make his point any more or less valid?
It's not about "street cred", but weather or not one has an informed opinion on the subject.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Cortez: Considering I was only talking about Ace and that I've read EC several times already, I'd say I'm pretty well-informed on that matter. Which is why I was able to provide links (from memory) to prove my point.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

Well, the boards for all three comics ARE merged, so he'll be seeing the new posts pop up no matter which one he wanted to discuss.
But alas.

It's not like anyone's going to convince the other party this is totally different or absolutely the same compared to the Ace situation.
For me, it is very much the same because I don't see Ace as being of low importance in Eerie Cuties and I think we're repeating the same pattern over and over again, not to mention only ever looking at one side of that coin, not to mention sacrificing interesting characters to tropes that were already explored by less interesting characters.

Not everyone has to see it the same way but it seems some people do to a lesser or greater extent and I've made my case, anyway.

Although I feel like I should add that maybe part of the reason I dislike seeing the same thing happen over and over and over again because of crap luck is because simultaneously other comics (including Pixie Trix Comics) occasionally portray characters who would very much benefit from being in Ace's or Teddy's position, but they gotta bear with (or suffer through) their actual physicality without such magical helpings of 'my genetic makeup doesn't mean crap now', and it doesn't seem funny or nice at this point.
BioYuGi wrote:I'm just amazed people are expecting what they consider to be realistic reactions from a webcomic that contains, just off the top of my head; succubi, witches, time travel, angels, resurrection juice, mind control chocolates, and grim reapers. But a young man finds himself stuck in a girl's body and decides to roll with it instead of angsting about it for eternity? Oh heaven forbid this comedic series stay lighthearted!
I expect not-neccessarily-humanlike, odd reactions from characters who aren't humans and humanlike reactions from characters that are humans, yes.
We have a death incarnation whom people are treating like a bona fide human genderfluid person by now, except with physical changes, and memetic molester spirits trapped in doll bodies who are cut short on molestation potential due to reader outcry, so maybe I am expecting too much, indeed.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Azrael wrote:To stir the pot, of course. That's Gotoh's raison d'etre. :p
Nowhere near as bad as the cryptid-supremacist TBeholder (who was even worse on the VC forum).

ChrisU11

Post by ChrisU11 »

So the girls want to play dress up with Teddy. He's already okay with wearing her clothes. A g-string will obviously be too much for a teenager. BTW, whatever happened to Chloe's ordinary looking Doompanties her mother was going to give her when she was ready?