Dangerously Chloe 20-10-16 Not a light switch

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Varanus

Re: Dangerously Chloe 20-10-16 Not a light switch

Post by Varanus »

I just hope Teddy won't be made out to be the insensitive bad guy here. His concerns are justifiably bigger than Alchemy's illogically hurt feelings.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Mm, gotta side with Kimmy on this one, but just barely.

This is an incredibly screwed up situation, nothing a normal human would ever be expected to handle, and Teddi doesn't have the best track record dealing with normal human things to begin with. Plus there's a life on the line. Alchemy expecting Teddi to expertly handle any part of this is asking a lot.

On the other hand, she's entitled to her feelings. If she's hurt, she's hurt. Doesn't matter whether it's rational.

So, suck it up, Teddi. It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the heart.

As for how Teddi knows she can switch genders, that was never established on page, but it didn't have to be. We can safely assume they discussed it at some point, or Chloe/Pandora told him about it, or something.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Peebles??

Is that some kind of breakfast cereal?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

Assuming Kimmy actually knows about Chloe's "will die of virginity" status, I'm still siding with Teddy on this.
First of all, she's the only person who can do it.
Second of all, she seems to dance around the gender issue far too much. At once point it's more like 'the concept doesn't apply to me', now it's like a person not understanding how it works for her is utter trauma and worth crying over.
Third of all, Teddy's saving a life.
And fourth of all, she did mention Chloe had an easy time bringing out her male side.

Finally, she owes him for messing up his life by 'haunting' Chloe's blood in his body.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

lordoffiling wrote:On the other hand, she's entitled to her feelings. If she's hurt, she's hurt. Doesn't matter whether it's rational.
Certainly, but letting those hurt feelings keep her from helping someone is another matter entirely. She's acting like Teddy not getting how her transformation works is more important than Chloe's health. One can be hurt and still see the bigger picture, that's a mark of maturity (and one Teddy has in spades given how he's gotten past things like Chloe getting his parents divorced, Alchemy injecting him with her blood, and so on). Otherwise it just makes Alchemy seem incredibly petty/petulant.

Course I want to acknowledge that I'm not judging the situation completely until I see it play out. Hopefully Alchemy will reconsider things once she calms down.

Spacedoubt

Post by Spacedoubt »

Azkins wrote:Pesky peebles!
Yeah, pebbles not peebles =P

Poor Kimmy, she's had a bit of a rough night emotionally.

Teerack

Post by Teerack »

stop writing so cruely for kimmy >:[ 1/10 stars :-Q

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I don't get it. Maybe Alchemy can only turn into a gay guy?
:-?

ATheok

Post by ATheok »

There goes Teddy using male logic and complete blindness to whatever little hints Alchemy has been dropping.
At least Teddy now understands that he doesn't understand Alchemy.

And Alchemy has run off in the town wearing her hot 'special occasions' outfit. Will the watchers, (Naomi and Lucretia) be lurking about?
What's more, will she hasten "the end" of any wolf whistlers who impede her running? Big curvy knife and all.

I'm also left wondering if Alchemy will throw her 'switch' during her next chance to smooch with Teddy. After all, if his ghost just isn't up, she can fill in!

And how many days has it been since Alchemy has been doing her 'job'? Are there many souls waiting for the reaper?
Which could be worse? A happy pleasant reaper doing their job? Or a miserable weeping hurt reaper killing time, people, anybody, whatever...

Paul90804

Post by Paul90804 »

I am surprised no one commented on the fact that Kimmy used the same phrase that Ted used with Lacy.
http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... eye_on_him
Just goes to show that some phrases come back to haunt you. =))

Sorry, I don't know how to put links under a word.

Paul

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

But is that equivocal to this situation? If the transformation is dependent on her state of mind or emotional state then that can be intentionally manipulated/stimulated to some degree. Alchemy speaks as if the change is random and she has zero ways of effecting it.

And unlike Alchemy, Teddy offered her a way to "turn it on."

Though perhaps what she was saying when she started to say "I mean" will explain things.

Does anyone have any insights on why Alchemy is taking this so personally? What was so hurtful about Teddy pleading with her to find a way to change form to save Chloe? I consider myself a quite emotional and sensitive person, but I just don't get her reaction... but maybe that is purposeful on the writer's part. Then again I am not easily offended either as I try to consider other points of view when I feel insulted.
ATheok wrote:And Alchemy has run off in the town wearing her hot 'special occasions' outfit. Will the watchers, (Naomi and Lucretia) be lurking about?
What's more, will she hasten "the end" of any wolf whistlers who impede her running? Big curvy knife and all.
Isn't she invisible to normal people?

Shaitan051

Post by Shaitan051 »

Zippy wrote:...wait, when did Teddy find out about Alchemy's switchiness?
Her "switchiness"? Offscreen apparently.
Her gender fluidity as an actual identity? The same time we did . . .

. . . right now.

We have seen her become male only once, Teddy did not see it, her reaction to meeting Chloe was to spontaneously turn male, and she consciously changed back into a girl. This drama is kinda out of left-field :-\

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

not saying it is the case but.................... maybe.....

"Al's more natural state is as Kimmy" thus is easy to go from Al to Kimmy but not that easy to go from Kimmy to Al
ImageImage

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Shaitan051 wrote:This drama is kinda out of left-field :-\
They literally, in so many words, explained that they're genderfluid to Teddy, and to Chloe*. This plotline was never anywhere in the vicinity of left field.

* This one also explains how they have a small amount of control over their change, in that situation - she popped into their male form, briefly, in reaction to Chloe, but that clashed with her self-identification, so she was able to force the change back into her proper form, with effort. (All pronouns quite deliberate.)
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

Having some genderfluid friends in real life, I can empathise with Kimmy here. Quite often my friends will often tell me how their parents will rage at them "Why can't you just be XYZ?!", "Why are you deliberately being awkward?" and yes, even stuff similar to Teddi. "The relatives are coming round, why can't you just pretend to be XYZ?" or "Do you have to be 'that' gender in public with us? Can't you flick a switch and be the other one, because it would be more convenient for us?"

Yes, I get that Chloe's life is on the line but I would never demand someone change a core part of themselves for my own convenience.