Dangerously Chloe 26-09-16 Click

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-09-16 Click

Post by Jason Waltrip »

Dr. Jamming wrote:Is it just me, or does it seem like Teddy's hair is starting to darken, notably at the back in panels 2-3 before the water might be affecting things? Possible signs of reversion, or simple palette change to better complement his character design?
Light colored or blonde hair becomes darker when wet. And also white shine areas show up better on a darker surface.

Jason Waltrip

Post by Jason Waltrip »

rpr wrote:"barely cherubs" :-)

BTW, Pandora uses an old Polaroid instead of a smart-phone? What is this? 70s?

Double post merged. The DAMNed
Pandora needed physical photographs to give to Charity.

Dr. Jamming

Post by Dr. Jamming »

Jason Waltrip wrote:
Dr. Jamming wrote:Is it just me, or does it seem like Teddy's hair is starting to darken, notably at the back in panels 2-3 before the water might be affecting things? Possible signs of reversion, or simple palette change to better complement his character design?
Light colored or blonde hair becomes darker when wet. And also white shine areas show up better on a darker surface.
I'm referring to the darker color before the hair gets wet, specifically the bottom third of Teddy's hair in panels 2 and 3. Could be nothing, but it's never happened before, his hair more or less staying consistently pure white since the transformation. Compare to the last strip, where there's no darker area at all.

MrsKytro

Post by MrsKytro »

Yeah but if we go to an earlier strip (which is later in the timeline) it is pure white again. I think it's just messy from getting out of bed.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Kol Drake

Post by Kol Drake »

I hate to admit it but.... lately, I've viewed 'Teddy' as being a hotter girl than Chloe... which is a shame since it IS all about her. (it IS her comic strip)

But ya... Teddy is a cutie.
Not that I'm into guys... or guys magically transformed into gals or... I swear, the longer I fan Pixie Trix... the more confuzzled my views become. :p

:-??

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

A cutie? Damn, s/he's hot!

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Kol Drake wrote:I hate to admit it but.... lately, I've viewed 'Teddy' as being a hotter girl than Chloe... which is a shame since it IS all about her. (it IS her comic strip)

But ya... Teddy is a cutie.
Not that I'm into guys... or guys magically transformed into gals or... I swear, the longer I fan Pixie Trix... the more confuzzled my views become. :p

:-??

does that mean that for you Senna is hot?
ImageImage

Jason Waltrip

Post by Jason Waltrip »

Dr. Jamming wrote:I'm referring to the darker color before the hair gets wet, specifically the bottom third of Teddy's hair in panels 2 and 3. Could be nothing, but it's never happened before, his hair more or less staying consistently pure white since the transformation. Compare to the last strip, where there's no darker area at all.
Just a little shading to add some dimension. Sometimes, if the drawings are all line and no tone, they look a little flat.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Why do I get the feeling the only REAL reason Teddy's been genderflipped again is cause they wanted to reflip Ace but could never really come up with the excuse so this has been brewing under the surface for a while

joe england

Post by joe england »

I have to admit, it's a little weird how Teddy's change seems to have had almost no real impact on him. Kind of like how he shrugged off the revelation that Chloe had traveled back in time and caused his parents to split up. I know he's one of those selfless individuals who cares more about the problems of others, and that's noble, but, still... you'd think he'd be a bit more bothered by life-altering events with lasting implications.

Metathiax

Post by Metathiax »

It's quite odd that Teddy woke up wearing pants but decided to take them off for the walk down the hallway to the shower.

mittfh

Post by mittfh »

"Barely Cherubs"

If such a magazine existed in-universe (as opposed to a made-up-on-the-spot publication name), 'Dora would be the most logical choice for editor. After all, Heaven itself wouldn't authorise such a publication, and there's probably a limited number of Succubi / Incubi / Other devilish creatures with the ambition and intellect to sneak into Heaven undetected and take the necessary photographs (although whether 'Dora's less careful on Earth or whether it's just that Angels tend to be more naive and not expect anyone to take photos of them is open for debate).

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

It exists. We see Pandora enjoying an issue when Abby comes to ask for her help.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling