Dangerously Chloe 8-09-16 Spying on you

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

TJgalon

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-09-16 Spying on you

Post by TJgalon »

True, I never meant what he did was not wrong, but I also know this is a comic and it more humor then truth too. i just thought it was amusing to me
"Somebody just stake me now"

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Teddy is just telling the guy off though, so i think Teddy's response was proportionate.

Hig Hirtenflurst

Post by Hig Hirtenflurst »

Called it!

Oh, Teddi. You'll never find Chloe a boyfriend that way.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

actually that way might work, find one that is vile enough that no one would care he will be "drained" during her first time
ImageImage

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Hig Hirtenflurst wrote:Called it!

Oh, Teddi. You'll never find Chloe a boyfriend that way.

He wasn't out looking out for a boyfriend, he was taking his sister for ice cream when some dude harassed him.

What are you talking about?

Though wiseguy is right, looking for a jerk to be the one that gets drained wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hig Hirtenflurst

Several strips back when Prudy was called back to the council I predicted they would officially assign her to be Naomi's angel - no wacky hijinks required.

As for Teddi - if he's going to scold every boy that "compliments" his new assets in passing, he's going to have a tough time meeting anyone that he'll be willing to pair up with Chloe. Of course, his own feelings for her will most likely also set his standards for potential Chloe suitors pretty high. The deck's just stacked against the poor kid no matter what he does.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Except like said, Teddy is out with his sister, not looking for someone to hook Chloe up with, so your comment makes no sense. It's very clear that his immediate goal is to make his sister feel better.

And the guy didn't "compliment" Teddy, he harassed Teddy while Teddy was trying to cheer up Abbey.

I don't think you understand what went down here. Because the scolding in this case is well deserved.

And pretty much everyone predicted Prudence would return to Naomi.
Last edited by Cortez on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

hightechartist

Post by hightechartist »

I 100% agree with Cortez. I think the main reason a man recently changed into a woman might react more strongly than some women is that the man hasn't spent a lifetime of enduring people making out sexual harassment to be "compliments" and condescension and suggestions to cover up more anytime they dare complain about the behavior.

Hig Hirtenflurst

My comments weren't meant to be taken literally. Obviously I need to work on my lighthearted tone and mild sarcasm. 8-| :ymsigh:

Teddy is acting completely in character here. He's being kind to and supportive of his sister, and he's also the kind of guy who would stop in the middle of what he was doing and tell someone off for being mildly crude. I find this juxtaposition amusing because I believe the average person would have ignored an insensitive cat call by someone just passing. I had hoped that my comment about looking for a boyfriend would be equally amusing because a) this guy is obviously not someone Teddy would consider, and b) Teddy does not strike me as being the kind of person who would go "boyfriend shopping" or be particularly good at matchmaking.

I'm not condoning the behavior of this unnamed extra that we will likely never see again outside of this one-shot joke. I do feel this is a mild form of harassment and best discouraged by not drawing attention to it. If this kid was being outspokenly lecherous, disruptive and crude (like stereotypical construction worker tropes) that's a whole different story. But since this particular story is a comedy I try not to take it very literally or seriously.

This is why I only occasionally skim the reaction threads and rarely post. :-L

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The main thing I get from this comic is that I now ship Abby and Tommy.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I want to know if Abby made Tommy laugh so hard, the milk came out of his nose. :-?

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Hopefully we'll get an explanation at some point as to how they are covering up how Teddy has disappeared/been replaced with a woman. I'm thinking some kind of "he had to leave the country for an extended time" excuse. I mean who in his school is going to believe that some operation changed him overnight? Chloe would have to brainwash the entire school/everyone who knows Teddy to get away with that.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Though that would just raise the question of what Teddy is doing if he's not attending school.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

You give that boy what for, Teddy! Let him know women are NOT just T&A on legs to be objectified!

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

hightechartist wrote:I 100% agree with Cortez. I think the main reason a man recently changed into a woman might react more strongly than some women is that the man hasn't spent a lifetime of enduring people making out sexual harassment to be "compliments" and condescension and suggestions to cover up more anytime they dare complain about the behavior.
Or it's just more humorous and the guy may just shrug it off and keep walking :p