Magick Chicks 21-06-16 Two Melissas - pg 10 of 10

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Magick Chicks 21-06-16 Two Melissas - pg 10 of 10

Post by Tenjen »

whats absolutely hilarious about this series is that they're all making the same sitcom/archie comic book gag reactions to attempted murder between her halves and the parents.

Parents trying to kill each other all the time, end up raising kid who splits into two and does the same.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I'm just confused on why they call it her sister. It was her, who then split into two. So wouldn't it just be "Stop smothering yourself" :p

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

This was ... rather disappointing to me.
All it boils down to is that the Hellrune family is so messed up that everyone's in danger of being murdered all the time.
And the one person who wasn't a part of that has been pushed over the brink and joined in. :-/

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Error of Logic: When you look at it that way, it almost makes the Delacroix Family seem normal by comparison.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Gotoh, please pass me that bag of ketchup flavored potato chips.
(Thanks!) ;)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@BlairFan: Well, I did say, "almost". :p

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Error of Logic wrote:This was ... rather disappointing to me.
All it boils down to is that the Hellrune family is so messed up that everyone's in danger of being murdered all the time.
And the one person who wasn't a part of that has been pushed over the brink and joined in. :-/
Agreed. :( And it's my favorite of the comics.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Perhaps, but I don't think anyone can be purely good or evil. We've seen that with Anastasia and Dakota so it shouldn't be any different with Melissa and Lissa.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:Perhaps, but I don't think anyone can be purely good or evil.
purely good: Nina and Skye

purely evil: Hecate

brasca

Post by brasca »

As for your examples of purely good I would remind you of the time that Nina switched bodies with Layla without her permission. Is that something a purely good person would do?

I will admit Skye is very close to being purely good, but we don't know as much about her as we did Nina because she was a secondary character in Magick Chicks. She might not be as squeaky clean as you think.

As for Hekate I agree she is pure evil, but she is also a goddess which means she is an altogether different kind of being. Anastasia was ruler of the Shadow Kingdom and still bowed before her.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:As for your examples of purely good I would remind you of the time that Nina switched bodies with Layla without her permission. Is that something a purely good person would do?
Sure, it was definitely a low point for her. But the comic has noted Nina's innocence and her selflessness several times. Including when she went as far as to offer Tia her most beloved possession in exchange for saving her sister - which Layla thanked her for.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Gotoh wrote:purely good: Nina
I don't remember who it was, but someone on the forum was an extreme Nina hater and claimed she was totally evil...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I certainly don't hate her, but Innocent Evil was never really what I'd call "pure good", either.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:As for your examples of purely good I would remind you of the time that Nina switched bodies with Layla without her permission. Is that something a purely good person would do?
Sure, it was definitely a low point for her. But the comic has noted Nina's innocence and her selflessness several times. Including when she went as far as to offer Tia her most beloved possession in exchange for saving her sister - which Layla thanked her for.
Seeing as how Blair betrayed her confidence he wasn't really her most beloved possession anymore so Nina was more than willing to give him to Tia. That's hardly a selfless act.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Not to mention how, after Tia made her taller with a larger bust, Nina hit on Ace - even though she was well aware that he was dating Brooke (her best friend), at the time and cared not a wit that Brooke was pissed. And when he agreed, she snubbed him for a month because he waited too long to accept her offer.

People could argue that he was already dating Mel on the side or that Nina didn't know what second base was, or that Cecile gave her the idea - but that's beside the point. Nina was Brooke's bestie. You don't hit on your bestie's boyfriend and come out smelling like a rose.

Or how about the fact that Nina had the ability to return the height/bust back to Laura at any given time; but when Laura asked for it back, Nina tried to find an excuse for why she couldn't by using childish deceit - and had the audacity to claim that 'everyone else' got to have so many turns while she didn't? Laura actually had to resort to crying in order for Nina to begrudgingly give it back.

There is no one who influenced Nina to act like a spoiled child in that case - that was all on her because she liked the attention she was getting from the boys.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.