Magick Chicks 16-06-16 Two Melissas - pg 9 of 10

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Magick Chicks 16-06-16 Two Melissas - pg 9 of 10

Post by Gotoh »

Anyone else find it ironic that Layla and Mel both developed split personalities? Except Layla eventually reconciled with her other persona and remained herself (thanks to Nina), whereas Mel is literally her own worst enemy.

I never thought I'd say this but... I kinda miss the old Mel. But if she's gonna be stuck playing 'half-and-half' I at least hope it works out better for her than it has so far.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

What are you talking about, the situations aren't remotely the same.

Plus Layla didn't reconcile with anyone, she defeated the ancient vampire trying to take over her body.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:What are you talking about, the situations aren't remotely the same.
The only difference between their two situations are the circumstances.
Cortez wrote:Plus Layla didn't reconcile with anyone.
Look at that page again. She did. :!!

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Actually, she did destroy Lamia - and all that was left of her after the fact was a frightened little girl that willingly submitted to Layla.

So, technically, you're both right.

As far as Mel goes - I think she's still the Mel we all know and love; it's just that Dark Mel was the main focus of this arc while Mel was more of a supporting role.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

'Love'? ó_o I could appreciate character growth Melissa. Love is putting it a bit strongly...

Hecate-Hatorade Hellrune might as well be kindling, as far as I'm concerned.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Fluffy wrote:So, technically, you're both right.
In other words, let's not have another long off-topic discussion about stuff that happened years ago. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Exactly!
Error of Logic wrote:'Love'? ó_o I could appreciate character growth Melissa. Love is putting it a bit strongly...
It's a figure of speech - please, don't take it so literally. XD
Hecate-Hatorade Hellrune might as well be kindling, as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah, agreed. Not much digging this depiction of Light/Dark Mel - especially Dark Mel. Her behavior seems forced/exaggerated to me compared to when she first debuted. When she was first introduced, she was just Mel with amped power and dark hair and the only reason she was an epic bitch was because she was fighting Cerise/exerting her dominance over her. Her rivalry with her twin was far less mean spirited, too - they acted more like siblings, fighting over who got what clothing and making jibes at each other - which is typical behavior for sisters. A far cry from Dark Mel trying to outright kill Light Mel and later selling her to a sultan as a sex slave/wife.

The way she's illustrated doesn't help either (but that's a personal nitpick, obviously).

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:As far as Mel goes - I think she's still the Mel we all know and love.
"Love" is a bit much where Mel is concerned, even if you meant it figuratively. For me, she's only slightly more tolerable than Cerise.
Fluffy wrote:the only reason she was an epic bitch was because she was fighting Cerise
Mel has always been that way, we were outright told as much and we've seen it repeatedly in the comic itself. But like Cerise, I think her negative aspects are being amplified by the dark essence. Plus, she no longer has her light half to suppress her.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

It was a figure of speech, for goodness sake. There's no reason to act like it was a personal slight against you. 8-|

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Fluffy: I didn't say it was a slight. I simply disagreed on the expression. :-\

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Not to harp on this, but the examples set by the two adults have rubbed off on the teenagers (teenager?). :-?

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

I don't think you'll find anyone arguing against that. ;)
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

Don Alexander wrote:I guess amongst all those heroics, she never found the time to change clothes. :P

Also, that is not an Uzi. Though I do like the word "Oozie" :D
It's an Uzi carbine, but loosely drawn.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

BlairFan wrote:Not to harp on this, but the examples set by the two adults have rubbed off on the teenagers (teenager?). :-?
Yeah, Dakota and Ana aren't the best influence.

Though i'd argue Dakota is the worse offender since so far she's the one that has instigated her fights with Ana in the present day.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Only after Anastasia threatened Dakota's loved ones for years and tried to conquer the world, starting the enmity that binds them together as surely as their shared parenthood does.