Dangerously Chloe 26-05-16 Prudy speak to me

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 26-05-16 Prudy speak to me

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Finally found in a closed, dark room in heaven, Prudence has something important to say to Abby! http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... peak_to_me

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-05-16 Prudy speak to me

Post by 'J' »

so she's hooked on human junkfood then
Yet still, I live...

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Well they do say that sugar can be as addictive as certain illegal substances....
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Naomi's been spoiling her. :))
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

This is your angel on drugs. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Okay I can suspend my disbelief of a lot of things with this webcomic, but there is no way the food on Earth is better than what's in Heaven.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The gag may be that the food in Heaven can't be bad for you, because Heaven doesn't do bad. (And no, they won't change your spiritual body to make such food good for you. That'd be cheating, and Heaven doesn't cheat.) The Angels all seem to be hopelessly sexually repressed, so having their other appetites messed up too would be consistent.

Yes, the *C universe afterlife arrangements are apparently totally fossicked up.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

But they get amusement parks, boy bands, the albeit dated ice cream socials, etc. Why are those fun and frivolous things available for all eternity, but good food and sex is not?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Because Heaven runs on a sort of 1950s suburban whitebread definition of "good" and "bad", albeit with modern ideas of what's a "good" or "bad" diet. Because that's the joke. Good and evil are trying to operate with screaming kid's comic stereotypes of right and wrong, which clash with the more realistic human-style motivations of the characters, who want to screw and drink and eat chocolate.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

R-..rocky Road I...ce Cream.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

R-red... Velvet...

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Well, remember, gluttony is one of those things the goody-goods in Heaven frown upon. This is probably why angelic diets are really boring. The only foods we've heard of in Heaven are mana, energy drinks, and apparently ice cream. I'm betting vanilla ice cream, to be eaten at social occasions. Even the healthiest organic pound cake would be a sinful indulgence.

But I doubt Prudy has been eating organic. Probably the ingredients lists include bleached flour, hydrogenated palm oil, high fructose corn syrup, twenty to thirty preservatives, Red Dye number 40 and Yellow Dye number 5. Frequently damaging physically and often more addictive than cocaine. Do you think they would ever ever EVER allow our crap food in Heaven?

You could probably get a lucrative black market going up there if you could smuggle in Little Debbie snack cakes.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

ATheok

Post by ATheok »

lordoffiling wrote:"...
Even the healthiest organic pound cake would be a sinful indulgence.

But I doubt Prudy has been eating organic. Probably the ingredients lists include bleached flour, hydrogenated palm oil, high fructose corn syrup, twenty to thirty preservatives, Red Dye number 40 and Yellow Dye number 5. Frequently damaging physically and often more addictive than cocaine.
Organic is a marketing term developed by the USDA. A diligent search through USDA archives can still turn up the original presentations.
The original intention was for small farmers to earn a premium for crops that many were already growing to serve niche markets.

A careful reading of 'Organic' ingredients often reveals preservatives; just so long as they are somehow sourced from 'natural'.

Look up cocaine in the Merck indexes. Cocaine is not physically addictive. The mood and euphoria many people obtain from cocaine is what is considered psychologically addictive.
Crack cocaine is truly physically addictive, but it is not technically cocaine as Peruvians and Chileans have used for centuries.

The USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) maintains a current and very accurate food nutrient database. There is no technical difference nor nutritive improvement in organic products versus common.
Cane sugar and hydrolyzed cane sugar marketed as 'fructose' are used in candies, foods and drinks for two huge commercial reasons:
A) they're sweeter tasting than dextrose,
B) the combinations of cane sugar and hydrolyzed cane sugar blocks or at least impairs sugar crystallization.

Otherwise, drinks put in ice would have sugar crystallize out. So would many of the heavy syrup concentrates just being stored.

What is different about the foods Prudence ate frequently on Earth is that Naomi cooked them. There is a terrific difference in the taste and quality of fresh baked foods.

If Naomi is such a good cook already, perhaps Teddy should reconsider dating her. Chloe may like cooking, but there is a difference in how much people enjoy her food. Hmmm. A household with a gender fluid Teddy and Alchemy plus Chloe, Pandora and Naomi would certainly be different and er, exciting household.

Is Teddy still running with Alchemy in pursuit?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Because Heaven runs on a sort of 1950s suburban whitebread definition of "good" and "bad", albeit with modern ideas of what's a "good" or "bad" diet. Because that's the joke. Good and evil are trying to operate with screaming kid's comic stereotypes of right and wrong, which clash with the more realistic human-style motivations of the characters, who want to screw and drink and eat chocolate.

Perhaps. Lust leads to sex and gluttony is the result of easy access to rich foods, however, they have amusement parks and I would think such activities would lead to sloth.

I can see a potentially fiendish trade in the works. Prudence supplies Naomi with Golden Wings and she supplies her with candy and junk food. Of course if it had any possibility of working Pandora would already have tried it.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

They're withholding dessert and sweet food from poor Prudence.
OH THE HORROR!!!