Giz
Site Admin

Magick Chicks 25-05-16 Two Melissas - pg 4 of 10

Post by Giz »

Insectoid

Re: Magick Chicks 25-05-16 Two Melissas - pg 4 of 10

Post by Insectoid »

C'mon, Dakota,you didn't really think would work...? :-j
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I love that the it's the good Mellisa that is worried about her "evil" mother.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

I'm beginning to wonder if Ana's immortal. After everything she's recovered from, so far, what would it take to actually kill her (assuming it's even possible)? And that's after allegedly being weakened. Whereas Cerise nearly died from a normal stab wound, despite being empowered by Hecate's dark essence.

I doubt Ana was anywhere near that resilient back when she first wound up in the Shadow Realm. Just what did the Lord of Shadows teach her that gave her that kind of ability? :-\

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Careful how far you lean over, Lissa, this is a PG13 comic... ;)
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Now all Anastasia needs is an Adamantium skeleton and claws...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tako

Post by Tako »

Ana has great magical power, but, how the hell has Dakota survived until now? :-\ I mean, she has magical weapons and crap, but she's human, all Ana needs to do is to hit her once, and good bye, game over...

You know, I think Dakota's best option is to subtly suggest Evil Mel that she should conquest the Shadow Realm already. Ana will follow her so supervise her ascent, and sooner or later Evil Mel will get angry at her and destroy her.
Last edited by Tako on Fri May 27, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

KeepsWriting

Post by KeepsWriting »

Tako wrote:Ana has magical great magical power, but, how the hell has Dakota survived until now? :-\ I mean, she has magical weapons and crap, but she's human, all Ana needs to do is to hit her once, and good bye, game over...
It's possible that Dakota's skin can do the same thing that magical girl Melissa's could, where she reflexively negates damage. That's shown in this strip: http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/e ... _president

Another possibility is that Dakota has survived because Anastasia has started monologuing whenever she has had a real chance to kill Dakota, like Cerise did. Like the time when Cerise had beaten down dark Melissa into a crater, or the time that we first saw Anastasia and Dakota fighting.

Edit: Accidentally left in a sentence fragment of my post that I had intended to edit out. Fixed that now.
Last edited by KeepsWriting on Wed May 25, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teerack

Post by Teerack »

is mel's twin a thing now? She is the hottest i wanna see a lot more of her. :o

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

KeepsWriting wrote:It's possible that Dakota's skin can do the same thing that magical girl Melissa's could, where she reflexively negates damage. That's shown in this strip:
That had nothing to do with Mel's skin, it was the wand acting defensively to protect her (which is why it automatically made her transform). Dakota doesn't have that advantage anymore, now that Mel has it.

brasca

Post by brasca »

True, but she could've acquired other powers over the years. Moreover wielding the wand for as long as she did might have physically altered her to the extent that she can survive attacks that would prove fatal to normal humans.

Her sanity seems altered too, but not by the wand. Years of being married to her arch enemy and raising a child with her has skewed her morality to such an extent that without the wand's influence she's free to do what she's always wanted to do. Can't say as I blame Dakota.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

@Brasca
Dakota wrote:I was girly, dammit!
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I'm a bit sad that the parents didn't make up after all that happened before :( With two sides of one Mel, you'd think it might be a good idea as well.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Osaru Sensei wrote:@Brasca
Dakota wrote:I was girly, dammit!
That too. Although Anastasia would probably complain that pretending to be a homemaker was a greater sacrifice.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

JoybuzzerX wrote:I'm a bit sad that the parents didn't make up after all that happened before :( With two sides of one Mel, you'd think it might be a good idea as well.
Yeah, considering Mel and Cerise made up in the end...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)