Magick Chicks 25-05-16 Two Melissas - pg 4 of 10

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: Magick Chicks 25-05-16 Two Melissas - pg 4 of 10

Post by 'J' »

if they did marry, then wouldn't that make dakota king of the shadow-dimension, or whatever?
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Depends on local inheritance/ruler ship law. And we know who makes the law in that polity. So he might just be Prince Consort, if herself was in a good mood that day.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

'J' wrote:if they did marry, then wouldn't that make dakota king of the shadow-dimension, or whatever?
"Kingdom", dear.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

'J' wrote:if they did marry, then wouldn't that make dakota king of the shadow-dimension, or whatever?
Well, if I recall correctly, in the UK, if the King marries someone, that someone becomes queen. If the Queen marries someone, that someone does not become King. So, doesn't have to mean that.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Queen consort, which is very different from queen regnant. The husband of a queen regnant becomes prince consort, which since "prince" was originally a euphemism for "king" by ostensible republicans, isn't that much more different. So Dakota would be... queen consort? Princess consort?

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

That brings up the question, who's running the Shadow Kingdom now?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Maybe it's empty. Dakota killed them all. After Ana overextended and played all her creatures. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:Queen consort, which is very different from queen regnant. The husband of a queen regnant becomes prince consort, which since "prince" was originally a euphemism for "king" by ostensible republicans, isn't that much more different. So Dakota would be... queen consort? Princess consort?
That is only if the person married to the queen does not have a claim to the throne. For instance, the husbands of both Victoria and Elizabeth II (Albert and Phillip respectively) are both Prince Consort. Their claim to the throne of Great Britain is very minor; however, Queen Mary II was married to King William III (who was also Prince of Orange in the Netherlands). Both William and Mary were grandchildren of Charles I namely William was the child of Princess Mary and Mary II was the child of James II. Prince Consort Albert, husband of Victoria, had no close relation to any British Monarch. Prince Consort Phillip, husband of Elizabeth II, is a descendant of Victoria I; however, he is not related to anyone closer, and thus does not have a direct claim to the throne.

So, basically, as a conquest, Dakota would likely be co-regent instead of Princess Consort since her claim would be equally valid no matter what since neither of them actually have any relation to the previous office holder unless Anna is related to some of the previous office holders at which point Dakota is Princess Consort.

At least if we follow the British monarchical laws. Oh, which supposedly now cover the instance of a future monarch marrying a same-sex partner.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Artemisia: I doubt the Shadow Kingdom operates according to any earth system of monarchy. I get the impression that's a matter of 'whatever Ana says, goes'. So, really, it'd depend on her and how generous she's feeling.

That said, given what she did to the Lord of Shadows, she doesn't strike me as the type to share power.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

So, basically, as a conquest, Dakota would likely be co-regent instead of Princess Consort since her claim would be equally valid no matter what since neither of them actually have any relation to the previous office holder unless Anna is related to some of the previous office holders at which point Dakota is Princess Consort.

As I noted in this sentence.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Gotoh wrote:I doubt the Shadow Kingdom operates according to any earth system of monarchy.
As noted in this one.

magco2000

Post by magco2000 »

Osaru Sensei wrote:
Dakota wrote:I was girly, dammit!
Dakota wrote? :-\

have you been reading Dakota's Diary?

I'd hate to be you when she finds out :p
Gary approves
this topic or post

Image Image
shh :-$ ... Pandy is sleeping / Tiff :x

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

ImageImage

magco2000

Post by magco2000 »

I knew she had said that
my comment was just a joke in relation to the word "wrote"
Gary approves
this topic or post

Image Image
shh :-$ ... Pandy is sleeping / Tiff :x