Dangerously Chloe 28-04-16 Kick butt and take names

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

TwoWayStar

Re: Dangerously Chloe 28-04-16 Kick butt and take names

Post by TwoWayStar »

Varanus wrote:Abby is far from my favorite character but sheesh some of you guys are mean spirited. :(
You can see attitudes like that in a lot of comic communities when it comes to in-universe children. No matter what their personality type is or how plot or not plot relevant they are, people are vitriolistic towards them.it's a little weird to me but thats my opinion.

Oh Abby...you tried lmao

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Osaru Sensei wrote:As a MLP fangirl, I can tell you the politically correct term is "Alicorn".
the term was originally coined for "the horn of an unicorn, and in MLP, alicorns are ponies, in here we have horses(not ponies)

some people have decided to use the term of alicorn, but other names being used also have been pegacorns, unisus and as unipegs.

supposedly, if Chloe, Pandy and Lucretia had an equivalent to them, it would be bulls (bullgasus? ) http://op.atlantia.sca.org/images/devic ... dowell.gif
ImageImage

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Osaru Sensei wrote:As a MLP fangirl, I can tell you the politically correct term is "Alicorn".
I continue to maintain that means a unicorn horn.

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Varanus wrote:Abby is far from my favorite character but sheesh some of you guys are mean spirited. :(
Tell me about it. She's a CHILD, people!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Paul90804

Post by Paul90804 »

Has anyone given thought to the fact that this time she killed herself which is a mortal sin.
She should not be in Heaven.
She should be visiting Sergeant Slash-Stab down in Hell.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

And then kick her butt?
;)

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Paul90804 wrote:Has anyone given thought to the fact that this time she killed herself which is a mortal sin.
She should not be in Heaven.
She should be visiting Sergeant Slash-Stab down in Hell.
Assuming we're following the tenants of Christianity here, that is not necessarily the case. Depends on what rules apply in this universe.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Tako

Post by Tako »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
I continue to maintain that means a unicorn horn.
That's true, but in Spanish folklore an Oricuerno or Alicornio is a winged unicorn (but it has little wings in its hooves, Namor's and Hermes's style). I guess somehow the term made the jump from Spanish to English.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Look, we all know that the term for a winged unicorn is a swiftwind ;)

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

lordoffiling wrote:Assuming we're following the tenants of Christianity here, that is not necessarily the case. Depends on what rules apply in this universe.
Putting aside a pedantic quip about "Christian tenants," the fact that indeed great is Artemis of the Ontarians seems to suggest we're not 100% on Christian rules.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

I'm not sure what's worse.

That people sincerely want Abby dead.

...Or that these same people actually think her being "dead" will mean she's no longer around. She could easily fall under "Ghost sidekick", along with the extra screen time that implies.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I sincerely do not get the Abby hate. I'd like someone to spell it out for me.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

This...was the worst. Plan. Ever. Of all time.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

lordoffiling wrote:I sincerely do not get the Abby hate. I'd like someone to spell it out for me.
Based on what I've seen it seems to stem from three different sources:

1. Abby's plans and antics often being foolish/naive or outright dumb.
2. The mere fact that she is a kid and dependent and how that effects the story.
3. Her not being sympathetic enough to the things Teddy goes through (this seems to be a particular sticking point to some, despite how little her teasing seems to actually bother Teddy himself).

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Inhales sharply and pulls a Dr Mordin.

She is hated (and I am one of those who hate her) because she is "the load"

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLoad

She is a child (I SO hate children) who should be reigned in and has demonstrated to be too dumb to live and YET no one has put her in her place yet nor has any real consequence to her idiocy ever really affected her. She surely is a candidate for the Darwin award as we can see here but I am sure by the end of the arch she will be back in her body scot free and possibly even believing her plan was pure genius and the reason why everything worked out for the best even tho everyone else likely had to scramble and possibly risk their lives to save her annoying useless ass.

Exhales