Eerie Cuties 25-04-16 Siren Brawl pg 7 of 12

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Re: Eerie Cuties 25-04-16 Siren Brawl pg 7 of 12

Post by BlairFan »

Marine is a siren! I knew there was something fishy about her!
;)) ;)) ;))

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

But drowning them in the ocean wouldn't be inoculating them. That just makes it clear she wants to drown them, like Sirens do. If she wanted to inoculate them, she wouldn't ne luring them into the ocean. She'd just sing to them on the beach.

And she was inviting Dusky for a swim, so she clearly wanted to kill him too. She was only stopped because Tiff dragged him away in time.

tau neutrino

Re: Eerie Cuties 25-04-16 Siren Brawl pg 6 of 17

Post by tau neutrino »

Gotoh wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:
Gotoh wrote:It seems Tiff's about to get a crack at her first real monster. So... will she go all Stephanie Kane? Or will she find some other way of dealing with Marine? :-?
If by "first real monster" you mean one that kills people as opposed to the usual EC cryptids that she's met, would going Stepanie Kane be the right thing to do if Maruine has deliberately drowned a lot of people?
If there's no alternative, or if it's deemed for the best. It's what she and the other AA students are being trained for. Even Steph had her first kill at some point and it's to be expected some of the AA students will too... eventually.
It will be a turning point for EC though.
Gotoh wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:Don't forget, he's a slayer too, from the same lineage as Tiff and attending Apollo Academy.
Maybe, but we can't simply assume he's a slayer just because he's from the same family. It'd be like assuming Paul's an esper just because his sister is.
In her first appearance, Tiff refers to her clan and making her mother and father proud, who are also slayers. (She even fantasizes about them killing her when she thinks she's been turned into a vampire.) Going to Apollo Academy means he's being trained as a slayer.
tau neutrino wrote:He's probably had training to resist mystical attacks, the same way Ash was able to avoid being drained to death by three succubi.
Gotoh wrote:The point of that scenes was to establish Ash's virility as a male, which Chloe lampshaded three times. First when she sent Laura to find one for them (4th panel), the second being due to his testosterone level, and she was flabbergasted that he wasn't at least tired after being fed on for over an hour.
I assumed it was more than just testosterone, which is why Chloe was flabbergasted. (If it was, he'd probably look like Andre the Giant.) At least, it would be partly due to his physical training at Apollo.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

tau neutrino wrote:It will be a turning point for EC though.
Not necessarily. Ayaka slew demons in nearly every episode of 'Phantom Quest Corp.', yet the series remained relatively lighthearted and comical. Pretty much the same as EC.
tau neutrino wrote:In her first appearance, Tiff refers to her clan and making her mother and father proud, who are also slayers.
I'm aware that she comes from a family of slayers, but that doesn't automatically mean that it applies to every member of her family. Case in point: Nina comes from a family of vampires, yet she's the only who doesn't drink blood.

Likewise, we still don't know for certain what's being taught at Apollo. All we know about them is, they compete with Artemis during breastplate raids - which the editor said was a recreational activity.
tau neutrino wrote:I assumed it was more than just testosterone, which is why Chloe was flabbergasted. (If it was, he'd probably look like Andre the Giant.) At least, it would be partly due to his physical training at Apollo.
I doubt it had anything to do with physical training. Otherwise, he wouldn't have needed a magic ward to protect himself from Melissa's spell. Just sayin'.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

you know a certain someone in a doll's body got Nina into chocolate, in order to stop her from becoming someone else?
ImageImage

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Gotoh wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:It will be a turning point for EC though.
Not necessarily. Ayaka slew demons in nearly every episode of 'Phantom Quest Corp.', yet the series remained relatively lighthearted and comical. Pretty much the same as EC.
But those demons were depicted as non-humans, like Nosferatu, and they didn't have any human casualties IIRC. The vampires acting like humans weren't killed.
Gotoh wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:In her first appearance, Tiff refers to her clan and making her mother and father proud, who are also slayers.
I'm aware that she comes from a family of slayers, but that doesn't automatically mean that it applies to every member of her family. Case in point: Nina comes from a family of vampires, yet she's the only who doesn't drink blood.

Likewise, we still don't know for certain what's being taught at Apollo. All we know about them is, they compete with Artemis during breastplate raids - which the editor said was a recreational activity.
Nina has an odd diet for a vampire (due to the interference noted above), but she's still a vampire, with a weakness to sunlight and vampire strength. Apollo is pretty obviously the male counterpart of Artemis. The names themselves should indicate that. That's why Ash was thrilled to be fighting his first monster, just like Faith was. Unlike vampires, being a slayer seems to be a job, so going to a school for slaying monsters makes you a slayer.
Gotoh wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:I assumed it was more than just testosterone, which is why Chloe was flabbergasted. (If it was, he'd probably look like Andre the Giant.) At least, it would be partly due to his physical training at Apollo.
I doubt it had anything to do with physical training. Otherwise, he wouldn't have needed a magic ward to protect himself from Melissa's spell. Just sayin'.
A ward would give absolute protection against direct attacks, but according to Faith there are exams and therefore classes in resisting mental domination.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

tau neutrino wrote:But those demons were depicted as non-humans, like Nosferatu, and they didn't have any human casualties IIRC.
Yes, there were. In the second episode, she and Karino were investigating a hospital with an unusually high number of deaths among its patients. They eventually learned the doctot was running an organ trafficking ring and had made a pact with the Devil - in which, the doctor kept the victims' organs in exchange for sending their souls to Hell. And the cabbie Ayaka met at the beginning of the episode wound up being one of the victims.
tau neutrino wrote:Nina has an odd diet for a vampire (due to the interference noted above), but she's still a vampire.
Which is beside the point. Point being, she isn't like the rest of her family.

But, if you prefer, you can apply the same reasoning to a family occupation. Just because the rest of the family does it, does not mean every single one of them will. My family has a history of service in the military, but I'm one of the few who never joined.

So we're clear: I'm not disagreeing with the implication, I'm simply saying we don't know for certain.
tau neutrino wrote:A ward would give absolute protection against direct attacks, but according to Faith there are exams and therefore classes in resisting mental domination.
Being fed on, isn't the same as someone attacking your mind.

Think back to what Chloe did to those guys, during 'Kissing Both' bonus story. She kept draining them by accident each time she kissed them. Yet, she and her girls made out with Ash for over an hour, after being empowered by the Doom Panties no less, and it had no effect. So she was stunned.

That wasn't due to Ash's training at school, it was to establish the fact that he's that virile as a male. Which is what Chloe sent Laura to find. It's right there in panel 4 and she said it again after Ash had powered them up.