Dangerously Chloe 21-03-16 Your blood is haunted

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

tau neutrino

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-03-16 Your blood is haunted

Post by tau neutrino »

pbfhdude wrote:And again just like EC we have a male character forced to be female which is supposed to be 'funny'. Why is it always a likable male character picked on in EC/DC/MA3?
Nina was turned into a boy in Chapter 9 of EC.

Instead of adding more supernatural blood, what if Teddy goes Keith Richards and has all of his replaced?

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Nina was only briefly transformed, though.

I vote Faith!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I wonder whether this will put more or less of a crimp in Teddy's quest for a girlfriend...

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

The top human candidate already "knows" he's a sex-switching alien...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I bet he'll become very popular with the boys, though. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Error of Logic wrote:I wonder whether this will put more or less of a crimp in Teddy's quest for a girlfriend...
certain girl said she was totally lesbian but gave him a hand job very recently

she might be open to be the GF of Theodora, and there should be many lesbians and bisexuals willing to be the GF, fulfilling the contract
ImageImage

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

I really love how Pandora really wanted to be the one to tell Teddy the news, hehe, just to have it ruin, to funny.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

ATheok wrote:Yup, Ace's and Teddy's afflictions are similar and just as strained.

So Teddy either transfers schools where he can attend as a girl or
Teddy attends his school as a new girl letting his 'guy' grades disappear along with any chance of graduating; no history of school means insufficient credits to graduate. or
Teddy learns how to change his body back to male before school starts or perhaps takes a day off to learn. And
Teddy does the full incubus switch or he also self suffocates sucking his mammaries in, giving Naomi more fits.
Well, look at the context they've set up. If Pandora hadn't jabbed him with Chloe's blood to turn him into a girl in the first place, he WOULD have died. His chance of death was at 99% AND RISING. It is quite possible that it was literally the ONLY way he would survive the night.

As for the ectoeffect... sure, he's f██ked in a certain way (Hopefully not literally any time soon. One suspects "PIV" sex in his/her new V would break Ted's brain), but again... when Chloe woke up in "Phase 2", she killed two guys and made a beeline straight for him - and while she delayed it when she first saw him, that just meant zombie-Chloe came along later. Technically, any guy would do, but with the contract and possibly other stuff, she's sufficiently fixated on HIM that if he popped back to normal right now, she would probably go straight back into zombie-mode. Ted even recognises this in panel 3, even if the idea that this will last longer than Chloe's current problem is not a pleasant one for "her".

Still, if it comes down to the small-h "hell" of living as a girl (not to mention the attendant legal problems), or becoming a permanent resident of the capital-H Hell that he visited a couple of chapters back after being bodily ripped apart by Chloe...
Mackus wrote:Chloe could, in theory, change to any humanoid form, even fully male one, if she desired so. We don't know how hard is it for succubi to fully master their shape-shift powers. Two days of heavy practice? Two weeks? Two months? Full course at Succubus Academy with written test at the end?
It appears to be more "power level" than "practice". After never shifting before, Doompanties-Chloe instantly mastered it. DC-era Chloe has taken a step back from that, since however much she changes the surface details she seems stuck with her basic body template (i.e., big-boobed) except when she deages to childhood or employs constant, uncomfortable effort (whereas DP-Chloe shrunk her boobs for a day for comfort).

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Zippy wrote:but again... when Chloe woke up in "Phase 2", she killed two guys and made a beeline straight for him - and while she delayed it when she first saw him, that just meant zombie-Chloe came along later. Technically, any guy would do, but with the contract and possibly other stuff, she's sufficiently fixated on HIM that if he popped back to normal right now, she would probably go straight back into zombie-mode. Ted even recognises this in panel 3, even if the idea that this will last longer than Chloe's current problem is not a pleasant one for "her".
Just felt like pointing out that as far as we know she didn't kill those medics. As you noted, her appetite (sexual and physical) is fixated on Teddy. She certainly didn't rape them and rip them apart at least (there wasn't enough time as she walked out right after the crash).

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

Zippy wrote:
Mackus wrote:Chloe could, in theory, change to any humanoid form, even fully male one, if she desired so. We don't know how hard is it for succubi to fully master their shape-shift powers. Two days of heavy practice? Two weeks? Two months? Full course at Succubus Academy with written test at the end?
It appears to be more "power level" than "practice". After never shifting before, Doompanties-Chloe instantly mastered it. DC-era Chloe has taken a step back from that, since however much she changes the surface details she seems stuck with her basic body template (i.e., big-boobed) except when she deages to childhood or employs constant, uncomfortable effort (whereas DP-Chloe shrunk her boobs for a day for comfort).
Okay, it would make sense. But since DCverse is world with fairly arbitrary rules, when I speculate on it I tend to interpret them in a way that would squeeze most fun out of the story:
Teddy being stuck for more than one chapter is unlikely, because all chapters are pretty self-contained story-lines. Teddy being cured after some wacky antics is likely, because wacky antics. Teddy learning to shape-shift is also likely, because once chapter is over, it won't have to come up again, but if authors decide it will, it'll be easy source of cheap gags and subjects of next chapters (for example he gets cold, and swaps genders every time he sneezes), and we still gets wacky antics while he learns how to do it.

Countbleh

Post by Countbleh »

These kinds of scenarios are considered acceptable and comedic, just so long as they only ever happen to Caucasian cis-het characters, I guess? :-?
I suspect that the whole "Suffering = Comedy" line wouldn't fly if Teddy was a LGBTQ+ PoC. Then it would be seen as mean-spirited and problematic.
Remember the whole "You can't have lesbian characters who are bigots!!!! That's just wrong!" controversy a while back?

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Consider further that Teddi's body has shape-shifted to the opposite sex. We've been told that this is not trivial for succubi. That suggests that Teddi might not have the same difficulty that confronted Chloe when she attempted to disguise herself as him.

TeddyLove

Post by TeddyLove »

Since Teddy gained Chloe's shape-shifting abilities, i'll assume he has the same difficulties she has, meaning he could easily turn into girls but has a hard time turning into guys.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

wallweasels

Post by wallweasels »

Did I load the wrong comic? I'm sure this isn't misfile =))

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Varanus wrote:
Zippy wrote:but again... when Chloe woke up in "Phase 2", she killed two guys and made a beeline straight for him - and while she delayed it when she first saw him, that just meant zombie-Chloe came along later. Technically, any guy would do, but with the contract and possibly other stuff, she's sufficiently fixated on HIM that if he popped back to normal right now, she would probably go straight back into zombie-mode. Ted even recognises this in panel 3, even if the idea that this will last longer than Chloe's current problem is not a pleasant one for "her".
Just felt like pointing out that as far as we know she didn't kill those medics. As you noted, her appetite (sexual and physical) is fixated on Teddy. She certainly didn't rape them and rip them apart at least (there wasn't enough time as she walked out right after the crash).
I never suggested that she sorted her V-problem with them - if she had, Ted wouldn't be in this mess now!

Looking back at the strip - http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... erature_is - what happened is that (1) She energy-drained the paramedic ["John"] to tank up. (2) She crushed the driver's windpipe, possibly ripping into it given how claw-like her hands were looking before and the super-strength she showed in ripping through the partition. (3) If they both survived those, John was unanchored and probably unconscious on the ground when the ambulance smashed into the tree, and the driver was at best heavily stunned and not visibly wearing a seatbelt.

I think them both surviving would be like the parachutes coming out of shot-down planes in 80s cartoons...
Mackus wrote:
Zippy wrote:
Okay, it would make sense. But since DCverse is world with fairly arbitrary rules, when I speculate on it I tend to interpret them in a way that would squeeze most fun out of the story:
Teddy being stuck for more than one chapter is unlikely, because all chapters are pretty self-contained story-lines. Teddy being cured after some wacky antics is likely, because wacky antics. Teddy learning to shape-shift is also likely, because once chapter is over, it won't have to come up again, but if authors decide it will, it'll be easy source of cheap gags and subjects of next chapters (for example he gets cold, and swaps genders every time he sneezes), and we still gets wacky antics while he learns how to do it.
Fair enough. I like to at least pretend there's some underlying structure here...
TeddyLove wrote:
FuzzyFace wrote:Consider further that Teddi's body has shape-shifted to the opposite sex. We've been told that this is not trivial for succubi. That suggests that Teddi might not have the same difficulty that confronted Chloe when she attempted to disguise herself as him.
Since Teddy gained Chloe's shape-shifting abilities, i'll assume he has the same difficulties she has, meaning he could easily turn into girls but has a hard time turning into guys.
There's no indication that it's difficult for Chloe to turn into an incubus. She's just scared she'd be unable to turn back (and with only the equivalent of old wives' tales to back that fear up, yet!)