Dangerously Chloe 17-03-16 Having a nice dream

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-03-16 Having a nice dream

Post by Don Alexander »

In his house in the suburbs, Fem Teddy lies dreaming, not dead.
DocMesa wrote:Is it me or have the vore fans in the audience suddenly gone very, very quiet?
And then you hear a soft *fapfapfap* :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ia.

Ia.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

wiseguy wrote: does that mean Ted might become permanently Theodora?
And
washu wrote:Dreaming Teddy's male self being is being swallowed up by his female self? What if the main thing Alchemy's spiritual blood gives him is his/her gender dysphoria?
While I am no social justice warrior, and at worst I'm going to get salty, skip a few weeks of a comic, and come back when things look brighter and more well-solved, a certain treatment always struck me as wrong.
Namely, in the era of an increasing number of people suffering from gender dysphoria and the results and aftermath of the society's general bull-levels lack of tolerance in many countries, stories tend to incorporate transgender and transsexual characters as (correctly) subdued and repressed individuals before the change, generally lacking in happiness, or (partially as a statement) either secretive but healthy or unabashed and borderline cheerful individuals after they've successfully started living as the sex appropriate for their gender identity.

In the meantime, forcible gender alteration of people without any problems with their gender identity is still perceived as comedy gold (particularly in case of male to female changes).
While creating a character with an ability to change gender or a separate set of looks and personalities for semi-controlled gender changes can give some interesting developments in a story, it does strike me as wrong that when a character doesn't want the gender change, it's generally easy and comedy gold, but when they would like to do such a thing, these sorts of alterations are always portrayed as a difficult to achieve goal to build tragedy and angst.

I worry about falling into the mechanic of 'getting pissy about a character you associate with/like', though.
Out of main protagonists, I enjoy, like, and identify with Teddy far more than Gary, and Ruby just a little more.
DocMesa wrote:Is it me or have the vore fans in the audience suddenly gone very, very quiet?
If you listen very heard, you'll hear squishy noises :ymdevil:
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

ATheok

Post by ATheok »

Succubus blood is causing Teddy to dream of devouring his male side.

Reaper ectoplasm is just fine with harvesting the male Teddy.

Pandora isn't about to discourage the Reaper from her ideas of human dreams instead of nightmares. Alchemy's dream idea is odd, since she arrived or was watching Teddy while he had a nightmare.

Which does cause one to wonder how often Alchemy has stood on Teddy's ceiling watching him dream. Just how does one dump a Reaper? Woman scorned and all that.

About Teddy and sometimes Chloe's nearly exposed female forms. Chest balloons are neither natural nor sexy, except to a marginal few who prefer the unnatural overinflated vinyl balloon look. How about using nature for drawing the female forms, not truck stop blow up dolls?

Chloe is due back on the scene soon. How will she take Alchemy cradling Teddy's head? Chloe's shown possessiveness several times, even though she's occasionally blamed Teddy for it.

And if Teddy gets control of his succubus blood, can't he just decide to become an incubus?

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

I'd be lying if I said I expected this.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Judanas

Post by Judanas »

Maechris wrote: In the meantime, forcible gender alteration of people without any problems with their gender identity is still perceived as comedy gold (particularly in case of male to female changes).
While creating a character with an ability to change gender or a separate set of looks and personalities for semi-controlled gender changes can give some interesting developments in a story, it does strike me as wrong that when a character doesn't want the gender change, it's generally easy and comedy gold, but when they would like to do such a thing, these sorts of alterations are always portrayed as a difficult to achieve goal to build tragedy and angst.
Generally due to 'Suffering is the core of comedy to some degree or another'

Gritchu

Post by Gritchu »

Maybe I'm missing something but when Teddy originally entered the pact that brought Chloe to him, all he said was he wanted a girlfriend. Nothing there says that once they do it that he's going to die. That comes up later in the issue, but I never quite understood that logic. I mean, even if they get busy, she wouldn't stop being his girlfriend right? The contract should continue until either they break up, or get married, or one of them dies. What am I missing? (And yes, I know it's just a comic).

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

ATheok wrote:About Teddy and sometimes Chloe's nearly exposed female forms. Chest balloons are neither natural nor sexy, except to a marginal few who prefer the unnatural overinflated vinyl balloon look. How about using nature for drawing the female forms, not truck stop blow up dolls?
Artist limitation, unfortunately. :( Been like this since he took over.
Gritchu wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but when Teddy originally entered the pact that brought Chloe to him, all he said was he wanted a girlfriend. Nothing there says that once they do it that he's going to die. That comes up later in the issue, but I never quite understood that logic. I mean, even if they get busy, she wouldn't stop being his girlfriend right? The contract should continue until either they break up, or get married, or one of them dies. What am I missing? (And yes, I know it's just a comic).
The fact that the two points are only marginally connected. (A lot of people seem to miss this judging by the forum, you're definitely not alone),

The sequence of events goes something like this:
*Teddy touches the statue while blooded, semi-accidentally wishes for a girlfriend
*The Caged Demonlord Coughmixture puts out a call. This ultimately ends up with Sgt. Slash-Stab, who judges Chloe "ripe" and assigns her the job to get rid of her pesky virginity problem.
**Virgin succubi apparently lose control when mating for the first time and *physically rip their partner to bits* (unless they're sufficiently invulnerable to survive in more-or-less one piece). This is NOT part of Statueguy's deal with Teddy, though it's probably safe to assume he doesn't really care - he just gets the soul that much sooner.
*Chloe appears in the museum a few seconds later Earth-time.

If Gaghboy had gone a separate route to get the girlfriend - say, a human teenage girl who wished for a boyfriend in a similar way around the same time - premature death would not be on the table.

brasca

Post by brasca »

wiseguy wrote:TED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop dreaming Abby is going to eat you!

Chloe and Pandy and Alchemy and any high school girl is fine, but no Abby
That notion was put in his head by Ilsa. It's never going away and will be the source of nightmares so it's not his fault.

If this dream symbolizes anything it appears that Teddy's own personality may be absorbed by whatever hybrid he's becoming so his personality may change as much his physical self.

ATheok

Post by ATheok »

Zippy wrote: Artist limitation, unfortunately. :( Been like this since he took over.
Aye!

Cassandra!
Cassandra, we do miss you!

Succubi feed off of the person's life forces, and according to the story we've been presented so far; succubi also feed off of the sexual energies of the male.

As Zippy points out, in the 'Dangerously Chloe' story so far, we've learned that inexperienced succubi tend to rend their partners while coupling. Any one of the human psyche/soul damages incurred, physical destruction, lost life force, loss of energy including sexual can cause death.

Teddy should be building some resilience and resistance just from the succubi frequently tapping him, even incomplete actions like Torrid's should help Teddy build defenses.

One lesson we can perhaps take away from Sgt. Slash Stab's interaction with Teddy, perhaps Teddy should decide to actively satisfy Chloe. From Zachuriel's appearance after Pandora worked him over, a few bite marks and a lot of scratches are the visible physical damages. Though Pandora didn't even show a hickey from Zachy poo.

The original pact with Ba'allshingoroth was for a 'girl friend'. Sgt. Slash Stab may have sent Chloe to 'lose' her virginity, but the pact should be for more than a quickie even if Teddy doesn't survive.

Considering all of Teddy's lady problems, it may be better if he doesn't survive. In hell, Teddy should be immune to loving all of the succubi.
Meanwhile on Earth, he has Alchemy, Pandora, Triana, Naomi and Lacy in his orbit and wanting things from him. Add in Naomi's foreign exchange sister Gabrielle considering stealing Teddy before Naomi can get him, and Teddy's life is going to be hell on Earth. All while attending school and raising his little sister.

I wouldn't put it past our host artists/authors getting a lady angel interested in Teddy to boot. Charity is too interested in Zachuriel and Prudence is too young, but I wouldn't put it past Pandora to bring back a fun loving devious woman angel who gets interested in Teddy; Violet Inflorescence sounds like a possible name for a conniving devious angel.

The "Dangerously Chloe" authors do keep us guessing; so far for me, my guesses have been useless attempts. Not that it stops me from trying.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Mutant for Hire wrote:So Teddy is a fan of old anime series.
Or, you know, modern anime. Or maybe simply familiar with Japanese myth from other sources.

Urusei Yatsura isn't the only anime/manga to reference oni. And it didn't exactly play up the 'man-eating' aspect of oni myth, what with being a romantic comedy, and all, so isn't really on-point.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

But AFAIK UY is the only series with a sexy female oni in a tiger skin bikini.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Wait, wait, hold on. Did you guys just seriously complain that Chloe's body isn't realistic?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for accurate portrayal of the human form, but Chloe isn't human. She's a demon born to the specific purpose of tempting humans into sins of physical passion. She's *supposed* to be unrealistically attractive. The comic tells us that she can't wear her glasses anymore because her beauty melts them for pete's sake.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

ATheok

Post by ATheok »

lordoffiling wrote:Wait, wait, hold on. Did you guys just seriously complain that Chloe's body isn't realistic?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for accurate portrayal of the human form, but Chloe isn't human. She's a demon born to the specific purpose of tempting humans into sins of physical passion. She's *supposed* to be unrealistically attractive. The comic tells us that she can't wear her glasses anymore because her beauty melts them for pete's sake.

"unrealistically attractive", The problem is that she isn't attractive in a number of 'exposed' panels. If you find the plastic beach ball look attractive, well, that's you. You're welcome to leer at all sorts of unnatural objects.

Consider the succubus extreme beauty, sexiness and attractiveness; that is supposed to be supreme beauty personified. When the ideal woman walks, her body moves in thousands of little movements in rhythm to her walk; that is what sets a man into overdrive, feeling like a superman, fumbling inane things and babbling like an idiot. Combine it with a women's scent or pheromones if you will, and only a dead man is safe.

When an artificially enhanced lady walks, nothing moves. Everything inflated is too stiff to move and if it did move, it'd bounce like a rubber ball or a balloon. It's kind of like watching ageing starlets with fresh botox injections before their public appearances. Cheeks, forehead, chin and even necks do not move; everything looks stiff, like a freshly embalmed cadaver shot.

Yes, there are well done artificial implants that look good, every one just enhances a lady's natural gifts and strives to maintain a natural look; none of which ever look like balloons stapled to a board.

Chloe is a demon succubus who stuns any man with her beauty, sexiness and pheromones. Keep artificial out; otherwise the truck stop inflatables are quieter and cheaper.

"...comic tells us that she can't wear her glasses anymore because her beauty melts them for pete's sake"; Chloe claimed that, not the comic.
To me, Chloe was trying to not admit that she lives and works out of hell. Where the heat melts glass and plastic; though it is never explained why Lucretia can wear glasses. It could be possible that Lucretia is wearing high temperature resistant titanium frames and sapphire lenses. One thing is sure, that if Chloe's beauty melts glasses, then Chloe's beauty would melt glasses on Lucretia just as easily.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

tau neutrino wrote:But AFAIK UY is the only series with a sexy female oni in a tiger skin bikini.
Nope. Not nearly. That is, in fact, the standard.

Which makes perfect sense.

You have a creature whose standard appearance is a guy in a tiger-skin loincloth. You want to make a female version, and for whatever reason, can't have her topless all the time. A tiger skin bikini is the way most artists will go.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.