Dangerously Chloe 15-02-16 Nature Documentary Rules

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-02-16 Nature Documentary Rules

Post by Error of Logic »

"And today on 'Wild, Wild Underworld': the mating habits of the succubus."

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Azrael wrote:
vampire hunter D wrote:
Varanus wrote:Speaking of nature documentaries, this could do with narration.

Narrator: "Here we see a young succubus courting her prospective mate. She is in the midst of her first heat and quite aggressive."
Oh Baal, I just heard that in David Atenborough's voice.

Right there with you.
Me three.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Dolp!

Yep, that's exactly the sound I always make as well when I'm glomped by sex-zombie succubi! X_X
Varanus wrote:Speaking of nature documentaries, this could do with narration.

Narrator: "Here we see a young succubus courting her prospective mate. She is in the midst of her first heat and quite aggressive."
What a badass!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

At least Alchemy's heart was in the right place, given that she tried to bend rules to warn him, and that her first though when Teddy was in danger were "I'll protect you!", even if they were followed by "oh. wait... I can't"

Brandi

Post by Brandi »

"There is no Chloe, only Zuul!" :ymdevil:

Taliesyn

Post by Taliesyn »

What jumps out at me is 'natural course of events'. I'm pretty sure there's nothing 'natural' about getting eaten by a horny succubus.
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

I'm pretty disinterested in this whole arc for two reasons.

1. This.. already happened? Chloe already couldn't control herself and literally killed Teddy, and they brought him back with a soda. Even if they set it up and say "oh, you can't be brought back with a soda a second time, Teddy, it's like DRAGON BALL rules" the whole plot was already played for laughs earlier in the comic. It feels kind of rehashed.

2. I'm probably going to catch flak for this, but I'm turned off by all the "hahah Teddy's about to get actually raped by a succubus" jokes. The whole "we know he'll enjoy it, it's okay" thing just makes me think of some guy saying "oh whatever, you know she'd enjoy it and stop struggling eventually, it's sex."

Tython

Post by Tython »

Well that time she still had some semblance of control and was able to stop herself before she physically harmed him beyond repair this seems completely different considering the circumstances that have led Chloe to basically become a Zombie

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

this is different from the previous time for two reasons:

A) the previous time, his body was left intact and kept preserved for him, maintaining a tenuous connection with his ghost & allowing it to reenter his body (he was only mostly dead). this time, unless the ambrosia-cola can actually repair damage tissue and restart vital systems, his body is not going to be in any condition which can support life. even if they were to shove him back into it after this, he'd probably end up as some sort of miserable undead abomination.

B) if chloe fucks teddy to death, that's completion of the contract; meaning teddy goes straight to hell (do not pass go, do not collect $200). as such, the stakes are much higher this time.

as to the 2nd point, what part of predatory sex-demon was unclear previously?
Yet still, I live...

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

Remember when "preserving the body" was also important in the original Dragon Ball, so Bulma actually kept Krillin's body in a little capsule? And then in Dragon Ball Z they just said "fuck it" and started bringing people back to life with holes in their chests and arms ripped off and shit, completely healed? And then in Resurrection F they decided that being cut or blown into several pieces suddenly mattered when the Dragon resurrected you, even though Chiaotzu had blown himself up during the Saiyan arc and they didn't seem to care when they resurrected him later?

DANGEROUSLY CHLOE Z

The whole distinction seems kind of silly to me, sorry. Even if "the stakes are higher now because of THIS ONE DETAIL~", this is still the same story.

Also, "predatory sex demon" is simplifying things. Teddy didn't seem to mind having sex with a mature succubus who wouldn't kill him; but he's made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to have sex if it means he'll die. So here we have a scene where somebody is about to force sex onto a person. Literally just tackled them onto their bed. Haha.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

TheResult wrote:1. This.. already happened? Chloe already couldn't control herself and literally killed Teddy, and they brought him back with a soda. Even if they set it up and say "oh, you can't be brought back with a soda a second time, Teddy, it's like DRAGON BALL rules" the whole plot was already played for laughs earlier in the comic. It feels kind of rehashed.
Rather than a rehash I see it as an expansion. That is we are hopefully going to find out exactly why Chloe couldn't control herself before, why it is worse now, and how the characters are going to deal with it (i.e. hopefully not just going "oh well" and continuing with their lives like last time). Revisiting something that was basically foreshadowing when it first happened is not a bad thing in my book.

It may also tie into the whole "Chloe has to have sex within a few months or she'll die" plot point brought up several chapters ago.

Yes we have various ideas about why this all is happening and I suspect it won't end up being a huge revelation, but its still important to reveal it in the story itself.

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

Varanus wrote:It may also tie into the whole "Chloe has to have sex within a few months or she'll die" plot point brought up several chapters ago.

Yes we have various ideas about why this all is happening and I suspect it won't end up being a huge revelation, but its still important to reveal it in the story itself.
I'm pretty sure we all came to the conclusion that's the reason why this is happening. I don't expect we'll get any "Chloe is irresistibly drawn to Teddy because he's half Angel, half Incubus, and was injected with Super Testosterones when he was only five years old" twists during this arc-- you're right, it's literally just solidifying a plot point everybody already knew about it, and it might have been important to the story, but that just adds onto why it's not really interesting. The only interesting thing that could come out of this is "how will they solve this problem", but only if they actually solve it during this chapter, and even then, we still have to sit through the rest of the arc waiting for everybody else to figure out what we, the readers, already knew.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

Brandi wrote:"There is no Chloe, only Zuul!" :ymdevil:
LOL ! I loved the ghostbuster reference ! XD

meachy

Post by meachy »

"Nature Documentary?" Is that right? Shouldn't it be something like "Natural Doctrine." Meaning a rule of natural order.

The other way around for her sounds like it would be a death based nature show... Starring Steve Irwin maybe?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

No, she's simply saying that she has to follow the same rules as the people filming natural history documentaries these days; don't intervene in the course of events, let things happen as they would if you weren't there.

(Which sometimes means standing back and filming as lions disembowel wildebeest. Which is approximately akin to what seems to be about to happen here.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.