Dangerously Chloe 21-01-16 Chapter 14 People Change

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Zippy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-01-16 Chapter 14 People Change

Post by Zippy »

Tako wrote:
FuzzyFace wrote:I cannot imagine that the hospital would be stupid enough to remove her horns forcibly.
They are going to try to remove them, since they think they are the cause of her problems. Realistically speaking they would notice that they are natural horns soon before removing them, but this is a comic, so they could not notice and remove them...
They don't think they're glued to her head. They think someone's somehow transplanted some animal horns onto her. And that she's suffering tissue rejection - there's a reason people who recieve donor hearts/etc need immunosuppressant drugs for the rest of their lives. Even given a closer match than, say, a sheep...
Varanus wrote:Thing is (unless they ignore Paranormal Mystery Squad), the world at large should be fully aware demons and monsters exist, even if many of them pretty successfully live in hiding among humans.
VC/PMS has a one-way wall of canon between it and EC/MC/DC. EC is canon to VC, but the reverse is not true.

Brux

Post by Brux »

Actually, the part about the EMTs believing she's rejecting a transplant is a serious case of Artistic Licence Medicine. Anyone with even basic medical education should be able to tell that these horns are not a "graft being rejected". Even artificial grafts take a while to heal, leave scars and give specific symptoms when rejected, and it goes double for transplants (especially xenogenic, that is, from another species). Now, any grafts inside the body are tricky, since you need advanced equipment to even tell they're there, but we're talking about horns here.

To simplify: unless Chloe's horns look like they're about to pop off her head (and we just don't see it due to art style limitations), a medical professional might assume that they're grafts, but won't be likely to blame her condition on them getting rejected. The same applies to her wings.

And unless non-supernatural body modification in the 'verse is on a much higher technical level than in our world, most people would not assume that these are real horns. They would be more likely to think it's an ingenious piece of characterization, such as this ("damn cosplayers fainting in the street in their costumes"). Or, with appropriate knowlege about body mods, they could assume her horns are mounted on transdermal anchors (something like this - page SFW, just don't explore the rest of the website), only wondering how the heck these anchors are still hanging in there with such a huge weight applied to them.
(Yeah, I know a transdermal anchor is basically a small graft - but still not a "horns grafted to skull" kind).

Of course, it's a comic strip. One with supernatural creatures. But the EMTs' assumption still feels out of place to me.

EDIT: There is one possibility where a graft could disagree with the host's organisms withot the telltale visual symptoms of rejection. It's called a "graft vs host disease", in which elements of the donor's immune system contained in the graft attack the host's organism. Obviously, this only works when the graft contains such elements (blood, bone marrow, etc.). And unless I'm mistaken, it requires the graft to be freshly implanted - which would, again, be obvious to the naked eye (recently wounded skin around the horns, swelling, stitches or vestiges of tissue glue...).

Sorry, I'm just one of those guys.
*slithers off to lurk some more*

Tako

Post by Tako »

Zippy wrote:
Tako wrote:
FuzzyFace wrote:I cannot imagine that the hospital would be stupid enough to remove her horns forcibly.
They are going to try to remove them, since they think they are the cause of her problems. Realistically speaking they would notice that they are natural horns soon before removing them, but this is a comic, so they could not notice and remove them...
They don't think they're glued to her head. They think someone's somehow transplanted some animal horns onto her. And that she's suffering tissue rejection - there's a reason people who recieve donor hearts/etc need immunosuppressant drugs for the rest of their lives. Even given a closer match than, say, a sheep...
I know. That's what I said: They think the horns are the source of their problems and they are going to try to remove them.

However, in the real world, it would take the surgeon half a minute to realize that those are naturally grown horns, and not implanted horns. You don't operate somebody's skull without examining it thoroughly and making magnetic resonance tomography and x-ray examinations. The doctors would take a look at her horns, watch the radiographies and say "Oh God! Those horns aren't implanted!".

On the other hand, this is a comic, so they may take a saw and remove the horns without properly examining them...

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

People Change... but Demon's stay the same

... Worst case scenario, Teddy's sudden sexual release and Chloe's link has caused her whole "You need to get your cherry popped or you burn out from the inside" thing has started to countdown... or everytime Teddy does have a sexaul outburst a few more days are shaved off the counter... cause Someone is fullyaware of the loophole... So either Teddy dies or Chloe dies... Someone is dying for this deal. Cause DRAMA

The Funny Case... The Demon lord whose expecting that Soul shows up as Chloe's doctor with Slashstab as the nurse. Expect lots of bandage bondage!

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

Just in case folks were looking for the whole "fatal virginity" thing: http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... ur_brother

SAGG

Post by SAGG »

Hmm. I'm trying to click on the little thumbnail where Chloe's kissing the ambulance guy back where she is, but nothing's happening. I guess it'll be on Monday...? :((

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Passing Through wrote:
Tako wrote:I suspect a male doctor, nurse or janitor is going to be butchered very soon...
That was my first thought. It does seem very likely indeed.
And judging from the latest thumbnail that's missing the accompanying strip, it looks like the paramedic just bought it!

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Oh dear.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

the escape clause REQUIRES that the girl sees herself as a true GF at her heart........................but is not just those feelings, they must also have full sex

right now Ted is still a virgin based on has he done coitus or not(he has not) but he can now put in his scorecard that he had sexual experiences with a girl(if we can't already said he has done it with Chloe at time he almost died and with Slash-
Stab b)
ImageImage