Dangerously Chloe 12-03-15 A little nudity between friends

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Mackus

Re: Dangerously Chloe 12-03-15 A little nudity between frien

Post by Mackus »

Spidrift wrote:Plus, yes, he's brain's short-circuiting right now.
Yeah, that's the main problem, he is too short-circuited to think about things like her being drunk or stoned. If he said things like "omg Naomi, whats wrong with you?!" it would sensible, yet in-character reaction. But that would not be slapstick-comedy funny. If the only thing on his mind is "omg naked girl", why it somehow terrifies him :-?

Heck, panel four makes it look like he has pathological fear of soaps or brushes. In fact, replace brush with knife, and soap with some ropes, replace Naomi's speech bubbles with random quotes from Yuno Gasai, and suddenly his reaction makes perfect sense.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Does Teddy really know Naomi well enough to have a baseline for what constitutes her version of "normal"? Because if I recall correctly, for the one date they went on, she was acting like a weirdo then as well.

And really, she's not acting drunk or stoned in any of the usual ways a highschool kid would be familiar with; she's just being bizarrely hyper-friendly. Given the fact that she's already a bit of a weirdo, and that he has next to no experience with girls showing interest in him, its not unreasonable at all that Teddy could misinterpret what she's doing here.
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Teddy could interpret or misinterpret this all sorts of ways - but he does tend to assume the worst, because the worst happens to him quite a lot. So when something happens like a hot naked cheerleader coming on to him, he somewhat rationally looks for the falling anvil. Especially as Naomi has certainly not been anything like this nice to him before.

Nor should we under-estimate the threat of the scrubbing brush, I think. It looks like it might have rather hard bristles. Teddy may be half-anticipating being scrubbed to excess, possibly in places where he really doesn't want scrubbing.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Dr. Jamming

Post by Dr. Jamming »

Naomi is so incredibly positive in every way! Everyone should be grateful to Pandora.

While I think there's something to be said for Teddy being wary, his behavior is starting to seem practically phobic... He not only locks up Gary-style, but does seem to react with outright fear at the prospect of sex...

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Well...

If Teddy is a virgin (unconfirmed but likely) it makes sense. His first real live naked girl is here. Well, human girl. Chloe apparently doesn't count in his head.

Anyway Naomi is acting waaaaay stranger than usual. This circumstance is both completely unexpected and weird to him. His reaction makes sense to me. Smart guy knows something is wrong.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dr. Jamming wrote:Naomi is so incredibly positive in every way! Everyone should be grateful to Pandora.
While I think there's something to be said for Teddy being wary, his behavior is starting to seem practically phobic... He not only locks up Gary-style, but does seem to react with outright fear at the prospect of sex...
No, he reacts with outright fear to wildly unconventional behaviour from a woman who has already wilfully left him locked in a cupboard all day. Frankly, he's recognised "don't stick it in the crazy" pre-emptively as good advice.
lordoffiling wrote:Anyway Naomi is acting waaaaay stranger than usual. This circumstance is both completely unexpected and weird to him. His reaction makes sense to me. Smart guy knows something is wrong.
Yeah, When I was a teenage virgin, sure, I'd have reacted with drooling enthusiasm to an offer of sex from an attractive woman who might plausibly have had any slight interest in me. However, even at my most hormone-addled, I think I would have been worried by an offer from an obvious loony like this. And I had never nearly been killed by sexual activity.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Yeah I think Teddy's gotten through enough terrible situations where sex was on the hook that could have easily ended with his death that his spidey sense is a bit refined by this point, even if Naomi's really pretty and really naked.

Chloe is gonna be pissed.

The question of course is if it'll go the anime/buttmonkey route and Teddy has a busty blonde demon out to skin him for cheating, or if Pandora ends up a throw rug or perhaps a fashionable light coat.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

brasca

Post by brasca »

This may be a sign that the Golden Wings is starting to lose it's power. It's one thing to give the clothes off your back to a naked stranger and another to offer a hand job. Naomi is motivated by doing good deeds without thinking clearly about the consequences of those deeds. Perhaps the human need for sex is starting to override her judgement.

someone

Post by someone »

Mackus wrote:If the only thing on his mind is "omg naked girl", why it somehow terrifies him :-?
Well he did escape recently from Succubus Hell.

Alex_84

Post by Alex_84 »

Do we have a canonical age for these folks?

Gritchu

Post by Gritchu »

I've never heard anyone actually laugh like "Huk Huukk". To me, that sounds more like they ate something bad and needed to bring it back up. Something more laugh like would have fit better I think.

Tython

Post by Tython »

Alex_84 wrote:Do we have a canonical age for these folks?
Going by the Magick Chick chatacter sheet since Teddy is around Jaqui's age then he is about 16-17 same with Naomi I think........yeah

Alex_84

Post by Alex_84 »

Seems like it should be bumped to 18+ ages for these people :P

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

This webcomic is getting rather dirty, isn't it?
(I think I'll stick around.)
;))

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

To be honest, I can't blame Teddy for acting like this. I'd be weirded out too.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug: