What RPG system would you use for the EC/MC/DC chars?

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

What RPG system would you use for the EC/MC/DC chars?

D&D/d20/Pathfinder
20%
Fate
30%
GURPS
20%
OVA
10%
Storyteller/White Wolf
20%

Total votes: 10

tau neutrino

Re: What RPG system would you use for the EC/MC/DC chars?

Post by tau neutrino »

Shazam wrote:Go for the serious retro with Macho Women With Guns?

Where else would you find perks like Teflon Skin? You might need to shift Topheavy from disadvantages to advantages though.
Probably only fit with Ash and Faith. I don't think Nina would work.
Morwen wrote:
vampire hunter D wrote:As long as we font use FATAL
No. Just... No.

I voted for Storyteller, cause that's the one I'm most familiar with (plus, I know someone that can make whatever kind of character with nWoD's system).
Lamentations of the Flame Princess (OSR D&D) seems to be going for the FATAL vibe today.

nWoD has been renamed Chronicles of Darkness (ChronofD) since the new owners want to concentrate on branding the cWoD as "One World of Darkness". The Dread Powers rules from Hunter have been incorporated in the new Chronicles of Darkness corebook, so creating the characters would be easier.
Mockery wrote:I like Storyteller a lot, but Fate is a better fit IMHO.

I'm kind of surprised not to see Monsterhearts, though.
I'd seen Monsterhearts but didn't think of it when I made the poll. (I should have added an "Other" option.) Monsterhearts seems too angsty, since the characters only have a Dark Side when it's due to an external force. Faith might make a good Queen Bee, if her ESPER powers can be represented.
vampire hunter D wrote:How about the 3Ed version of Exalted?
Two years late with bad art? Seriously, it would take a lot of work to represent them with the castes and charms, not to mention the whole cosmology.