Dangerously Chloe 22-10-15 Where have you been

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cortez

Re: Dangerously Chloe 22-10-15 Where have you been

Post by Cortez »

DrAngryEd wrote:Char, you were the one who dumped her from that heavenly pool. Don't act
It's not an act. She'd have no reason to lie andshe just admitted she expected prudence to be back after an hour.

tityanya

Post by tityanya »

That was an unexpected turn

Tython

Post by Tython »

X3N0-Life-Form wrote:
Tython wrote:Wait how was Prudence supposed to know she was to be back in an hour?
I think Charity means that she expected that Prudence would take about an hour to back in Heaven. Hence why got worried when she didn't come back.
Oh I got that part it's just the way that it is worded in such a way that Charity had told Prudence to be back in an hour instead of you know just randomly dumping her on Earth and expected her to come hone.

Actully the whole thing reads as if Charity and Prudence had planned this and Prudence decided to do her own thing.

Brandi

Post by Brandi »

I'm just noticing a striking resemblance between Charity and Lucretia.

brasca

Post by brasca »

There are some similarities which may lead to a plot involving mistaken identity some time later, but Charity has bangs and 2 braids while Lucretia has just the one. Charity usually wears her glasses higher while Lucretia does not, but since the artistic style has changed that detail may have changed or is not as distinctive.

I love the librarian look, but if I had my druthers I' would chose Charity over Lucretia any time.

Tako

Post by Tako »

tityanya wrote:That was an unexpected turn
Well, she's an angel. A jerkish angel, but still an angel.

I think we have been conditioned by movies and comics to expect the worst of outwardly "good" characters like angels, paladins, saints and the like. Conversely, we tend to expect outwardly "evil" characters like demons and vampires to not be really so bad.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I cannot understand the hostility. Sure Charity got rough with Chloe, but she was disguised as Pandora at the time and knowing what we know about her as well as what succubi do it is a good thing we have angels keeping us safe. Sure she could be nicer to Prudence, but she might be practicing tough love because of all the dangers and does not want something bad to happen to her. Her biggest flaw is largely one that most angels in this webcomic have, sexual frustration. She wanted Zach's undivided attention so badly that she teleported away her pesky teammate which started this chain of events.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

brasca wrote:I cannot understand the hostility. Sure Charity got rough with Chloe, but she was disguised as Pandora at the time and knowing what we know about her as well as what succubi do it is a good thing we have angels keeping us safe.
Is there any evidence angels protect humans from succubi? Recall they were after Pandora simply for trespassing, not actually hurting anyone. Basically angels only seem to go after succubi if they break various rules the angels have, which don't necessarily have anything to do with the wellbeing of humans. Heck, the contract with Teddy allowed Chloe to time travel and break up his parents without it even being branded a crime (despite still breaking various treaties).

In this setting demons and angels seem to have a more political relationship than a good vs. evil one.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Angels are supposed to destroy demons they find in the human world (Prudence tried to destroy Pandora). However, if a man willingly makes a pact with a succubus, the angels won't interfere when the succubus kills him and steals his soul.

I think provoking the divorce of Teddy's parents was ilegal and would have deserved angelic punishment if discovered, but the angels just didn't knew about it.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Varanus wrote:
brasca wrote:I cannot understand the hostility. Sure Charity got rough with Chloe, but she was disguised as Pandora at the time and knowing what we know about her as well as what succubi do it is a good thing we have angels keeping us safe.
Is there any evidence angels protect humans from succubi? Recall they were after Pandora simply for trespassing, not actually hurting anyone. Basically angels only seem to go after succubi if they break various rules the angels have, which don't necessarily have anything to do with the wellbeing of humans. Heck, the contract with Teddy allowed Chloe to time travel and break up his parents without it even being branded a crime (despite still breaking various treaties).

In this setting demons and angels seem to have a more political relationship than a good vs. evil one.
I will admit that their absence during the Valentine's Day arc is notable, but maybe they were busy elsewhere. There probably are a lot of rules we do not know about between the forces of heaven and hell as well as the concept of humans having free will. Perhaps they normally work through proxies like the Apollo and Artemis Academy, but then again we did not see any of their students active during Valentines Day.

Spacedoubt

Post by Spacedoubt »

Sk'thloq wrote:That's adorable. :ymhug:
Seconded ^__^

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Tako wrote:Angels are supposed to destroy demons they find in the human world (Prudence tried to destroy Pandora).
They were after Pandora for sneaking into Heaven (and causing unspecified trouble). I don't recall them ever saying they would destroy succubi for being in the human world (Prudence just hated the idea of it). Chloe lived there for much of her life without worry. Heck, as proof note that despite being a succubus in the human world Chloe would have been released immediately upon her real identity being confirmed if it weren't for the judicial system being so backed up.
Tako wrote:I think provoking the divorce of Teddy's parents was ilegal and would have deserved angelic punishment if discovered, but the angels just didn't knew about it.
Slash Stab seemed to make it clear that it was the contract that kept Chloe from being punished, not the angels not knowing about it (though one could argue the contract kept them from knowing about it). Either way, it was messing with the timeline that seemed to be the problem, not provoking a divorce (heck the succubi break up couples on mass on Valentines day without any fear of repercussion).