Dangerously Chloe 1-10-15 Traumatized for Life

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Spidrift

Re: Dangerously Chloe 1-10-15 Traumatized for Life

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, I think that this strip is intended to shut down anyone who might have said that Gary missed a good chance with Ilsa, in-comic or among the fans.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Gary? I think you mean Ted.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

*snicker* You said Gary.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Can't think why I thought of the name "Gary" when talking about a slim dark-haired guy who's useless with women and who might be considered to have missed a good chance or two...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Actually Teddy seems to actually be pretty good with women. His failures so far seem to largely not be his own fault.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Riposite

Post by Riposite »

Can't think why I thought of the name "Gary" when talking about a slim dark-haired guy who's useless with women and who might be considered to have missed a good chance or two..
that's a bit unfair to Teddy...after all he's what 16 and not 30s and he's actively making choices in his life....i doubt Gary would of thought of either the take the collar off maneuver or the distraction

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Varanus wrote:Actually Teddy seems to actually be pretty good with women. His failures so far seem to largely not be his own fault.
And yet - he doesn't have a girlfriend, and is desperate enough that this is what he thinks of when a demon statue starts demanding that he makes a wish.

Sure, he's not Gary. They're different slimline geeks with relationship problems. But they're cut from the same cloth.
---------
Spidrift

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Thing is we haven't seen the social problems or lack of confidence that plague Gary. Why Teddy is not popular with ladies at his school hasn't really been explained in detail. At most they seem to think him odd, not unattractive or geeky or hard to interact with.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Eh....my sister and I did it this morning.....but could you do my mom?

Now that might have taken slash stab aback

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Brings a whole new meaning to "This aint your first rodeo".

Edit: And to be fair Spidrift... Teddy was less "desperate" in that situation and more just blurted out the first thing he could think of. Randomly ask someone what they would do with a million dollars(while rushing them) and you're likely to get similar results.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

rpr

Post by rpr »

Varanus wrote:
Spidrift wrote:And yet - he doesn't have a girlfriend, and is desperate enough that this is what he thinks of when a demon statue starts demanding that he makes a wish.

Sure, he's not Gary. They're different slimline geeks with relationship problems. But they're cut from the same cloth.
Thing is we haven't seen the social problems or lack of confidence that plague Gary. Why Teddy is not popular with ladies at his school hasn't really been explained in detail. At most they seem to think him odd, not unattractive or geeky or hard to interact with.
If you remember the conversation with Triana http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips-dc/would_be_cute, she said that he would be cute if it was not for his (silly) habit of taking things apart. This confirms the geek theory.

Also, I cannot help thinking that Teddy does not seem very interested in girls. At the beginning when Chloe proposes to have sex right away, he is almost scared; when Chloe wants to "teach" him, he does not seem very excited; when Ilsa disguised as Chloe shows naked to him, he covers his sight with the hat... He does not seem to me someone who is dying for some female skin...

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

wanting a gf, and jumping into sex are two very different things. He at that age and cause of his hobbies, the girl at his school feel like he ruin their "social standing" at least the one we seen. Chloe is a very beautiful, and let face it, not ashamed of her body and showing it off. If it was done slower, he could ease in, and such, it not hard to understand, that just cause there an interest he still be shy about it.
"Somebody just stake me now"

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Yep. For the well adjusted mind, the "skin" is like the fifth or sixth thing down the list of reasons to have a girlfriend. Teddy gets nervous when it up, but I suspect given his ideal circumstances he'd be just fine with physical intimacy.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Indeed he was quite comfortable once he started making out with Chloe, until she started to get really "into" it that is. ;)

Brandi

Post by Brandi »

Poor, poor Teddy. He's gonna be a virgin forever now. #-o