Magic Chicks 01-09-15 Prez

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

wiseguy

Re: Magic Chicks 01-09-15 Prez

Post by wiseguy »

gotoh....................... http://www.atomicarchive.com/Maps/HiroshimaMap.shtml huge difference between 1000 yards away from ground zero and 3000 yards away

unless you ready to say the magic aftershock is same as an atomic bomb (the closest might be a big stick of Dynamite) , I think Cortez and Don have solid points

this is a chart of extending range according to power of regular bombs in pounds

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... -chart.jpg
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:gotoh....................... huge difference between 1000 yards away from ground zero and 3000 yards away.
Which is irrelevant, since Faith wasn't nearly that far away. The example I used is more appropriate because it's closer to the relative distance Faith was from the blast. And at that proximity, the distance should've been moot, as it was for that mannequin. Yet Skye and Tiffany were the only ones affected. Faith wasn't.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

you trying to equal the magic as atomic bombs, when they might be a stick of dynamite, those affected directly who do not have proper protection will find it deadly but those close on the side will find the dynamite damaging but not deadly

I think none of us 3 are discussing Faith being more powerful than Skye and Tiff as all 4 (including you) agree Faith is more powerful

you want to make it that it means Faith is more powerful than Melissa and/or Cerise, even "more powerful than the 2 together"

Double post merged. The DAMNed
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:you trying to equal the magic as atomic bombs, when they might be a stick of dynamite.
A stick of dynamite wouldn't produce a blast that size, or produce a shockwave strong enough to send 4 people flying from that distance.
wiseguy wrote:those affected directly who do not have proper protection will find it deadly.
Exactly. And we've seen what Faith's TK can shield her from.
wiseguy wrote:you want to make it that means Faith is more powerful than Melissa and/or Cerise, "even more powerful than the two put together"
If that's what you think, then you've missed my point entirely. brasca has been arguing that Melissa is more powerful than Faith. So I asked, "based on what?"

Mel was fused, was infected by half the dark essence, and had the wand. Cerise had the other half of the dark essence and had drawn power from the school at the time of the explosion - while Faith was holding off the Esper Collective. If all of that combined didn't faze Faith, then how is Mel more powerful than she is?

That's why I said it's debatable, which has been my point since the beginning.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Gotoh wrote:@Don Alexander: Considering she took the blast from only a few feet/yards(?) away, I don't see how that makes much of a difference. It didn't have to be directed at her, 'cuz she was still right next to it.

Case in point. From 10 yards away.
I, for one, a tired of debating with people who keep posting links but then cherry-pick their facts. :-Q

In no form or fashion will you be able to convince me that they are "only a few feet/yards(?) away" from the center of the magical explosion.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Don Alexander wrote:I, for one, am tired of debating with people who keep posting links but then cherry-pick their facts. :-Q
Who's cherry picking?

Unless they were running down a hallway, the point still stands. The size of the blast still engulfed them and was enough to send them flying.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

and the point stands in don's mine and cortez' (on that case, not about who of the 3 is most powerful)

Tiff HERSELF said to go to a "safe distance" (NOT DEADLY)

dynamite, a few feet away, almost assured to be deadly(unless one is very powerful)

twice "whatever distance" in first case, damaging but good chance not to be deadly

more distance away relative damage but should not be deadly from the blast itself(unless a rock flies of and hits head or things like that)

the only thing it can be 100% deferred is that Faith is more powerful than ones around her but is inconclusive if she is superior, inferior or equal to cerise and Melissa

you seem to be penchant on the blast epicenter force has to be equal to one felt by Faith, you can't let go that for you the force has to be full at a big distance, specially when we talking (magic) that does not exist in our reality
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:Tiff HERSELF said to go to a "safe distance"
Anyone would say that, since taking cover from an impending detonation is common sense.
wiseguy wrote:the only thing it can be 100% deferred is that Faith is more powerful than ones around her but is inconclusive if she is superior, inferior or equal to cerise and Melissa.
Hence, why I've repeatedly said "debatable".

But at the very least, I'd say she's probably still stronger than Cerise, given Cerise was apprehensive about the possibility of having to fight her.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

but you put it in a way that comes across as "this is proof she could be more powerful" instead of concentrating on "there is no proof she is weaker than Cerise and/or Melissa"................ that is the biggest fountain of contention with Cortez
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@wiseguy: Considering Cerise panicked (notice she didn't scream until she saw Faith), made it a point to ask twice whether Faith was going to interfere, and didn't relax until Faith assured her she was staying out of it - I'd say that's a clear evidence that Cerise wasn't confident about her chances against her. And she panicked again, once the Esper Collective told her that they could no loner hold her.

Mel is another matter. I'm not saying Faith is undoubtedly stronger. brasca is arguing from that standpoint (not me), regarding Mel. All I've done is ask what is she basing it on?

Put it this way: if Jean Grey withstood a combined attack from 4 other X-Men, unscathed, would you honestly believe any one of them could take her on their own?

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

for Jean Gray, we talking direct attack

as I said, you tending to equal "direct" as same level as "incidental attack"(not direct)

plus Mel has not directly attacked Faith since at least the "2 words" soryline and both were on same side during fight with Cerise
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@wiseguy: Again, the fact that it was incidental is irrelevant. It doesn't change the fact that it was their combined power. An explosion is AoE. Everything in the vicinity of the blast is effected.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

everything is effected to a different degree
as i said

you are stubbornly sticking to a feet away do not matter in a situation that is non-existential in our reality anyway, so you got no scientific base to make conclusions

you want to see the magic blast as an atomic bomb, while others see it as a big dynamite, even if it was :a magic atom bomb: (power wise) and we took faith as being "super powerful" , the other students would not have been just knocked to the ground, they would had been rendered unconscious at least and not able to participate on the talks after battle ended
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:you want to see the magic blast as an atomic bomb.
Where did you see an atom bomb? 'cuz the title (and the narrator) plainly says, "feul-air explosive".
wisguy wrote:even if we took faith as being "super powerful" , the other students would not have been just knocked to the ground, they would had been rendered unconscious at least and not able to participate on the talks after battle ended
Skye was unconscious (she's facedown, on the left). So was Tiff, who was just recovering in the 1st panel (which is why she's shown sitting up). Which might've been worse had Faith not been shielding them (TK).

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

when i say atomic bomb, talking relative force (atomic bomb vs dynamite) not as in actual one
ImageImage