Magick Chicks 31-08-15 Ground rules and Kickstarter 2015

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

brasca

Re: Magick Chicks 31-08-15 Ground rules and Kickstarter 2015

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
FuzzyFace wrote:And here I was thinking Melissa's appointment was pro tempore... apparently, so did Faith.
So did I.
Insectoid wrote:Send Cerise to the Dark Kingdom! Problem solved.
It's almost certain at this point that Mel's gonna let Cerise off the hook, so I doubt she's going anywhere.

That said, Faith may no longer have the authority to enforce her decision, but it was a pretty good call. I had a feeling she'd be willing to grant Mel and Jacqui clemency, under the circumstances, but I had no idea AA had access to a "hell dimension". That's pretty terrifying for a school to have. :-s
If this took place in Windsor, Ontario instead of Thorn Hill they could just send Cerise on a bus to Detroit. Funny how there is no emoticon with a rim shot for me to use. Seriously, considering all the dark essence Cerise possesses it would not be much of a punishment unless they can find some ironic Twilight Zone hell to banish her.

And after all the grumbling that the coven would do a magical reset it appears that all they did was end Cerise's influence over the school and possibly severed the connection to Hekate's palace. Faith may not have the student counsel authority to object, but she is the most powerful esper at Artemis and Cerise and Melissa are spent so it remains to be seen if she will accept the new president's decision or not.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Faith did pass her position down to Melissa, so It makes sense that she can't just give orders again as she doesn't have the authority to do so anymore.

I really hope that someone points out that Faith herself has committed crimes against the school that she needs to answer for. All in all with her (mostly unknowing) popularity-mongering abuse of her position, she's no more suited to be Student Council president than Cerise. Seriously, I hope Faith doesn't just get a free pass for her mind manipulation. Even if it was unintentional, and even if she had no idea it was happening, that doesn't excuse it.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

by Faith's words

she stepped down and named Mel as the replacement, not "acting president during my absence"

it is possible (if Mel really changed) that Faith and Mel would negotiate Mel putting Faith back as president as long as Cerise would be put on probation but not punished and Mel can be made vice-president or part of the student council

if Mel has not really changed in her desire to be "number 1", she would basically stay as president, and put Cerise and Jacqui as her main advisers

if I was her(and taking in mind she has matured as a person)

I would stay president, put Faith as second on command and use Sandi to find more Intel about herself and others
ImageImage

Dr. Jamming

Post by Dr. Jamming »

TheEighth wrote:Faith did pass her position down to Melissa, so It makes sense that she can't just give orders again as she doesn't have the authority to do so anymore.

I really hope that someone points out that Faith herself has committed crimes against the school that she needs to answer for. All in all with her (mostly unknowing) popularity-mongering abuse of her position, she's no more suited to be Student Council president than Cerise. Seriously, I hope Faith doesn't just get a free pass for her mind manipulation. Even if it was unintentional, and even if she had no idea it was happening, that doesn't excuse it.
How can that not excuse it? What's even to be excused? She had no criminal intent. I could see restorative measures, if there had been lasting harm, but there wasn't any of that either. There's nothing to repair and punishment would be simply unjust.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

to be fair, and in paper................ the ones who might be punishable are Cerise and maybe Skye

Cerise getting probation and hopefully she accepts that as fair, and Skye losing any previous privileges she used to have and have to earn them back

all others either were influenced into their actions or were not aware of the things they were doing was lacking regarding for the rights or feelings of others
ImageImage

brasca

Post by brasca »

Dr. Jamming wrote:
TheEighth wrote:Faith did pass her position down to Melissa, so It makes sense that she can't just give orders again as she doesn't have the authority to do so anymore.

How can that not excuse it? What's even to be excused? She had no criminal intent. I could see restorative measures, if there had been lasting harm, but there wasn't any of that either. There's nothing to repair and punishment would be simply unjust.
There is also the matter of her literally sleeping with the enemy, Ash, and passing secrets onto him. Now this too is something she did unknowingly, but it is quite reckless of her to be so intimate with someone who routinely breaks into Artemis as part of the pointless rivalry with Apollo Academy. http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/t ... le_moments The leak was never discovered, but if Jacqui figured out who the leak is I doubt this would improve her standing with the school.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

...yes it does. "I didn't know I was doing it" is an excellent excuse.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:I just hope Mel doesn't try to run AA the same way she ran the Coven. Otherwise, I don't see her presidency lasting very long. /:)
It'll last, she's got the presidency until the next election. She's also a magical girl.
Dr. Jamming wrote: How can that not excuse it? What's even to be excused? She had no criminal intent.
That's irrelevant. She still did something wrong. A drunk driver probably doesn't intend to run someone over, but that wouldn't change the fact that they did.

Regardless, chances are Mel will suggest ignoring Faith's transgressions as long as they also ignore Cerise's.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

David Johnston wrote:

Hmm.....when you put it that way I guess it is. But it doesn't change the fact that she did something bad.

Considering that Cerise got the idea to form a psychic link with the school to affect the minds of the students from Faith...granted Faith wasn't aware of it while Cerise knowingly did it. Faith is guilty of manipulation.... just not to the same degree as Cerise did as Faith honestly thought that she was that popular. So...I'd say she's guilty of self delusion.....

Still...I don't think she's suited to the position. She has some insecurity issues to work out before she can show the strength to lead the students.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

as my favourite book The Redemption of Althalus points out, "Interim rule" sometimes last generations.

Paraphrasing, of course. Don't have the book on hand atm.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Attempted premeditated murder and brainwashing....zero consequences

Yeeeeeeep. Sounds legit.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
FuzzyFace wrote:And here I was thinking Melissa's appointment was pro tempore... apparently, so did Faith.
So did I.
Faith never said it was a temporary thing, though - seemed pretty clear that she was relinquishing the title - in full and permanently - to Melissa.

The fact that Faith thought she wasn't coming back doesn't count (too bad,so sad- suck it up, buttercup).
David Johnston wrote:

'I didn't know', whether truth or or, is a very weak excuse under any circumstances.

Whether Faith knew what she was doing or not doesn't matter - as the end result was the same (as mentioned in a previous comment - it's like drunk driving. The driver has no intentions of harming anyone with their drinking and driving; but if they end up hurting someone in an alcoholic haze,their inebriated state doesn't change the fact that they hurt someone and need to be punished for it).

Turning a blind eye to what Faith did while punishing Cerise for doing the same thing - because one knew what they were doing while the other was so drunk on power/popularity that she didn't notice - would be unjust.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

nobody1111

Post by nobody1111 »

How is this remotely similar to drunken driving?
when you didn't willingly drink, or were aware there were drinks or that there was the possibility that you were drunk?

its part of the drinking age that a person of age is expected to know the dangers of drinking and therefor fully responsible for anything he does while drunk.

here we are talking about something that she wasn't even aware of the possibility that it can even happen to influence the world around her.

its a phase PAST "I didn't know I was doing it" its "I didn't know I was doing it or that it was possible to do that and so didn't anyone else"

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Thing is, intent isn't always required - if you kill or injure someone, even if just through negligence or willful blindness, you're (usually) still committing a crime even if you had no intent to do so. The lack of intent mitigates, but doesn't exonerate - and mindrape should surely count at least as 'injury'.

At best, Faith was engaging in willful blindness in not examining the possibility, given her vast power levels, even before you consider her direct attempts to 'nudge' people into doing what she wanted.

[None of this should be taken to say that what Cerise did, with full intent, was not more serious...]

nobody1111

Post by nobody1111 »

I would like to raise the point that this is after all a school for magic among things and if anyone is responsible to know the effect of raw power and teach children to be aware of it and control it are the TEACHERS, who she was under their responsibility

And if the teachers weren't aware of the effects, how can you expect Faith to be aware of the effect even being possible.