Magic Chicks 28-08-15 I will see to it

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Spidrift

Re: Magic Chicks 28-08-15 I will see to it

Post by Spidrift »

Why should they rebel? They mostly seem pretty well indoctrinated with the school's ideology.

And conversely, for that matter, discipline at the school seems to be pretty comedically) crap, what with all the clique feuds and abuses of power. The staff don't appear to be terribly on the ball. One of them even fell for a basic illusion cast by a pupil.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Teenagers are naturally rebellious and if augmented with super powers they would be impossible to control without stronger adults present. Even if they believe in the ideology of hunting monsters they might get cocky and think they can go out on a hunt before they are ready. Faith was the strongest one and actually did as much when she fought Layla. The fight would have been hers, but she recklessly removed Layla's inhibition and then knocked herself out when leaping out of the way. If the faculty knew about this she could have faced some sort of disciplinary measure, but she and Tiffany kept it a secret. The principal disapproved of Faith's hazing, but seemed to tolerate that among other things since she was the top student and showed no interest in leading the student body in a mutiny. Furthermore, Hekate said that Cerise could not hold the hold the school indefinitely which leads me to think that eventually Apollo Academy and/or the parents of these junior monster hunters would counter attack and even Cerise with all her newly acquired powers could not prevail.
LegendaryKroc wrote:@brasca: So I suspect. Wonder what Hecate was going to do with them.
If she is anything like Ilsa from Dangerously Chloe probably have fun tormenting them which is probably why she was more angry that Dakota and the rest of her toy slaves escaped than losing the school or failing to get Melissa or Cerise to kill each other.

Double post merged. The DAMNed

Clayvman

Post by Clayvman »

They should get out of that water soon...they'll get all pruney

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:Faith was the strongest one and actually did as much when she fought Layla. If the faculty knew about this she could have faced some sort of disciplinary measure
That depends on what is or isn't considered acceptable at AA. The faculty might've penalized her for taking such action unsupervised, but sooner or later, that's to be expected, since it's what they're being trained for.
brasca wrote:but she and Tiffany kept it a secret.
Tiffany's repeatedly tried the same thing herself and she's been on her own each time. And by her own admission, she's made at least 13 attempts in the park alone. So she wouldn't have much room for report Faith.
brasca wrote:Furthermore, Hekate said that Cerise could not hold the hold the school indefinitely.
It seemed more like she was saying, she knew it was only a matter of time before Cerise blew it somehow.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

brasca wrote:
Ravenhull wrote:
Cortez wrote:I think Hekate misunderstood what was going on.
Yeah, I don't think she realizes that Mel isn't fully back in her shadow again...

And Anastasia knows the first rule of dealing with powerful god-like beings... Run like hell when they are even mildly irked. :ymdevil:
How do you think Hecate would react to the "You're beautiful when you're angry" line?
brasca wrote:Melissa still has the essence of Hekate's darkness which she did not until Cerise injected it into. The only reason her dark half merged was so they could defeat Cerise, but it is still there and likely to remain unless they split into 2 beings again.
One of the stretch goal short stories has the Melissa twins in some form, so that might happen.

Dorje Sylas

Post by Dorje Sylas »

Spidrift wrote:"Those who can, do; those who can't, teach."
And those who can't do either make snide remarks on the Internet about professions they could never hope to grasp.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

No, those who can't teach, teach teachers...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:
Tiffany's repeatedly tried the same thing herself and she's been on her own each time. And by her own admission, she's made at least 13 attempts in the park alone. So she wouldn't have much room for report Faith.

But that's completely different, Tiffany became friends with the vampire. Unlike Faith, who took things too far.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Spidrift wrote:No, those who can't teach, teach teachers...
"Those who can't do either administrate" is the one I've heard.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

and those who can't administrate become part of the education council
ImageImage