Magick Chicks 21-08-15 Make up

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Magick Chicks 21-08-15 Make up

Post by Fluffy »

I'm betting on the latter (my assumption is she knew what she was doing - just not to how much of an extent; as in, she thought what she was giving was a light nudge, but the school's power up was actually amping it to a hard shove without her knowledge).

This is how she can both know - and not know - what she was doing. As, seriously - if someone with mental powers is giving someone a mental nudge to encourage certain behaviors, there's no possible way they're unaware that they're actually doing it.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Faith a great salesman

Cerise a powerful hypnotist

that is the basic difference in a nutshell both are persuaders in a different way

or we can go also

Faith a good salesman and supervisor in a non-commission place(she does not worry about making more sales than everyone else)
Cerise is a car salesman with commission and she steps on any of the co-workers as she must have if not all sales, most of them
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:I'm betting on the latter (my assumption is she knew what she was doing - just not to how much of an extent; as in, she thought what she was giving was a light nudge, but the school's power up was actually amping it to a hard shove without her knowledge).
She wouldn't have reason to, considering everything she had going for her. It'd be like Haley Berry believing she doesn't doesn't have enough fans.
Fluffy wrote:As, seriously - if someone with mental powers is giving someone a mental nudge to encourage certain behaviors, there's no possible way they're unaware that they're actually doing it.
Which is assuming it was intentional, when nothing we've seen, or been told about her, supports it.

Also, TCampbell said she might be able to give someone a mental nudge, but he never said she actually did. The same way I might be able to pick someone's pocket without them noticing. But just because I can, doesn't mean I will, or that I ever have. All it says is, that I have that ability.

Faith would only be aware of what she was doing, if she was consciously using her power - like she did with Layla, for example. Note the amount of effort and concentration that took and consider that was only one person. Also notice the effect it had on Layla in panels 2 and 3. You're honestly gonna tell me you think she could pull that number on the entire school at once, without some sign of it, or without taxing herself? I'd find that hard to believe.
Last edited by Gotoh on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

I agree mostly with you

BUT

the time with Layla was a "deep inside her stimulation" and not a "superficial nudge" and was not at the school

and her "unconscious nudges" might be like when we breath while sleep (we do not force the breathing to happen, but it happens) vs "intentional nudges" is like taking deep breaths when the doctor asks you to
ImageImage

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Indeed you were, Cerise. You were absolutely, positively, definitely worse than Melissa. Dear old Melly was never the kindest neighbour in the cul de sac, but there's a world of difference between being a bad person and being EVIL.

I'm assuming that having to apologise will be the easiest thing she has to do, though. Even if formal punishments aren't dished out by the school, the courts or her parents, there's still Hecate lurking in the background, as many people have noted before me, and the matter of their witchiness being out of the bag to most or all of the students of a school specifically designated to train witch hunters. I'll just wait patiently until future strips reveal more information.