Dangerously Chloe 16-07-15 Be Gentle With Him

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Mackus

Re: Dangerously Chloe 16-07-15 Be Gentle With Him

Post by Mackus »

Not "last chance ever" but "last-as-in-most-recent chance".
The point is that with reset button hard in place, there is little anxiousness or anticipation on viewers part.
Kinda like Gilligan Island or ST Voyager, you know they won't get home or die.
True, many stories put main characters at risk of death, despite no intention of actually killing them, but after character shrugs off beings literally stuffed in fridge, you know its Looney Tunes level of slapstick comedy. Nothing bad with "anvil crushed him, but he's fine in next episode" comedy, but I just had to re-evaluate my impression as to what comic it is.

Tako

Post by Tako »

The endings tend to be the weak point of all the Pixie Trix Comix family of webcomics.

It could be worse. Adam Arnold's endings sadistically trolls us readers.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Mackus wrote:Don't care that Teddy is about to walk into lava.
He already died once.
And Chloe crushed his last chance and changing status quo.
OF COURSE NOTHING IS GONNA CHANGE.
We KNOW they will hit reset button.
Even him getting eaten will somehow become inconsequential.
Every attempt at making drama will fail.
I think you're taking things a bit too seriously. I mean, the fact that he (almost)died once was successful drama. It doesn't have to stick for it to count. Otherwise you'd have to admit that there is very little drama in fiction because, spoiler warning, the good guy/protagonist wins at the end. And with THAT logic, there wouldn't be much drama in real life either(the main character dies at the end. More spoilers). :p

That said I'm not particularly worried about Teddy dying here... because that would be far too anti-climatic!

(Also the reset button in question isn't some easily repeatable magic spell or something). Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Tako wrote:The endings tend to be the weak point of all the Pixie Trix Comix family of webcomics.

It could be worse. Adam Arnold's endings sadistically trolls us readers.
Which ones have ended, apart from the ones ending now?

(As for Adam Arnold, I don't think there was deliberate trolling except for Leonard at the last page. Were there complaints about Aoi House's finale?)

tityanya

Post by tityanya »

Teddy no hahahahaha

brasca

Post by brasca »

This might turn into a Mr. Magoo scenario with Teddy blindly stumbling and miraculously surviving potential perils. It would be all the better if Torrid chased after him and was repeatedly thwarted, but she is most likely to sic Chloe or Lucretia. Of course the latter might be sent which would be just as enjoyable since she is a terrible person too.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Varanus wrote:3. Of course he won't actually walk into lava, that makes this funny rather than dramatic (and I think it is supposed to be funny).
Dunno... it would be kinda funny for that to happen in the midst of all this buildup to being eaten by succubi.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

there is a chance that the "contract" makes Teddy kind of hard to kill unless it is by Chloe (the promised GF) killing him by having sex with him(which is basically how Ted almost died a while back as Chloe was making out with him) or Ted makes contract null by finding a GF "on his own" but is funnier for now if Ted becomes like Mr. Magoo
ImageImage