Eerie Cuties 15-07-15 Less tied up

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Passing Through

Re: Eerie Cuties 15-07-15 Less tied up

Post by Passing Through »

Feywald wrote:Kinda saw this coming and and i don't really like it. Kade gets another free pass on his numerous infidelities.

I know allot of people like him but really he has not learned anything the whole length of the comic. He profess to love Layla and want her back, but was more than willing to get off with her little sister.

Not sure how you all know its the third to last but i think the ending of this comic going to be rather disappointing, which is sad as it's way better than either of the spin-offs.
Yeah, there are still two pages to turn it around I guess, but on the face of it... it's just awful the way Layla's been treated by this storyline, she's been completely robbed of agency by Nina's dreadful mind invasion plotline.

Yeah, he's terrible, the way he treats Layla is appalling... and Nina's as bad, she's always been happy to, for example, walk off with Layla's fiancé. But if Layla does something she considers unLaylalike... well that's how we came to this whole storyline.

The starter post for a thread for one of the other comics a few days ago said there were three pages left. So, one down.
Mackus wrote:Hah.
And we get a reset button. Lamia had great potential, so she gets shelved.
Dammit.
Yeah, it's really sad. And the worst of it is... it looks like she's been reset to, well, here. All character development shelved. :( I don't see any trace of Layla in the current page. I suppose she could be acting, but... :(
Sk'thloq wrote:
Passing Through wrote:On the Tiffany front, I can't see her turning up now, not after all this time. It's like she's dropped off the Planet. I mean, even now, during the grand anti-climax occuring in Magic Chicks, with characters suddenly appearing left right and centre who I doubt would otherwise have appeared in the present volumes full stop, there's no sign of her.
What are you talking about? Tiff's right there in the latest MC. She's been there ever since she slugged Cerise in the face.
Oh come on, surely you're not still pretending that Tiffany and the MMAA are the same person? After all this time?
Varanus wrote:I'd care more about Kade's infidelities if Layla cared more. As is they have always been in some kind of weird open relationship that works for them to some extent. Heck if what Kade did under the influence of Chloe's winged heart is any indication then he truly is loyal to Layla (everyone else went after Chloe, he went and drew on a tree Layla's name) and would cease doing things with other girls if she actually demanded him to do so.

I'd speculate his infidelities are attempts to get her to demand more commitment, but that's just wild speculation.

You're ignoring that she was also trying to erase/possess Kade with the spirit of a murderous cat monster.

1. He didn't know that mouse was a pet.
2. He had no more control over going after it (the so-called "molestation") than Brooke did when she ate her pet.

What potential? She was an evil, mass murderer whose only interactions with other people were to use and control them (even her saving Layla's father's life only led to him having to repay her via the rebirth deal).

And really guys, shipping goggles aside, just what makes people think Layla and Brooke would be good together anyway?
She did care, she wasn't speaking to him because of what he did, remember? And she punched him out at least once. After he dumped her because she dared to get upset with him for creeping over other girls.

That is by far silliest idea I have read all week.

I'm not caring, as even if you take Nina's stories about Mr Boodles as Gospel (and really, why would you do that?) that would be an improvement over the kitty cad.

1. That's no excuse for trying to murder it and it especially isn't an excuse for commiting an act of molestation in the process. That said, the mouse was wearing jewelry. A bit of a giveaway there methinks.
2. And that is nonsense, as Brooke was able to keep her mouse as a pet safely for years. Kade had so little self control he pounced on sight, uncaring for the concequences of his actions on the innocent victim he molested as a result. Notice the way no one else pounces like that on sighting prey?

According to whom? An evil doll with murder in its heart? Nina and her stories (actually, wasn't she just defending herself in most of those?)? Sure she needed to be reminded that, unlike the psychos over at Artemis Academy, modern vampires don't kill, but she hasn't done any killing that I remember seeing. And when has she mind controlled anyone? The wannabes, the blue one and the blonde one, complained that Layla wasn't mind controlling them as I recall.

They've always seemed to have great chemistry. But tell me, why would you think they wouldn't work out well together?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Maechris wrote:Perhaps some part of why Layla is consistently returning to Kade is her Lamia inner personality...
I doubt it. Lamia didn't seem like the type who'd let something go, once she laid claim to it - like those maidens and princesses she used to enslave.
Maechris wrote:And perhaps the reason is one of those silly teenager attraction reasons. Like him *not* putting her on the pedestal enough to *not* notice other girls. More ridiculous things happened that caused younger women to be attracted to men their age.
That's like saying she appreciates the fact that he keeps cheating on her. Kade noticing other girls isn't the problem, it's fooling around with them while he's supposed to be with her.

It seems more that she keeps taking him back simply because she still finds him attractive and, to some extent, her heart is still set on him.
Maechris wrote:I'm more interested about the last remaining party with a double personality... And what the heck happened with Brooke.
Same here.

And, I wanna know why Blair's 'group' was a no-show, given he blew his assignment and did nothing to rectify the situation.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Passing Through wrote:Yeah, there are still two pages to turn it around I guess, but on the face of it... it's just awful the way Layla's been treated by this storyline, she's been completely robbed of agency by Nina's dreadful mind invasion plotline.
Unless you're being sarcastic you aren't making any sense... Layla was the one being taken over. As she told Lamia it is her mind, her body, not Lamia's. Nina restored her agency.
I'm not caring, as even if you take Nina's stories about Mr Boodles as Gospel (and really, why would you do that?) that would be an improvement over the kitty cad.
So a friendly cat boy who cheats because Layla normally doesn't care is worse than a mass killer? You're upset with Kade for trying to eat one mouse, where as Mr. Boodles tortured and killed sapient beings.
According to whom? An evil doll with murder in its heart? Nina and her stories (actually, wasn't she just defending herself in most of those?)?
It certainly wasn't self defense when she and her cohorts would reduce town populations to zero (of course assuming that happened). Or that princess she kidnapped and killed before cruelly killing the guy who came to try to save her.
They've always seemed to have great chemistry. But tell me, why would you think they wouldn't work out well together?
They have never gotten along all that well beyond casual friendship, Layla is far too abrasive for a generally even-tempered girl like Brooke. Further we have never seen Brooke find anything attractive about Lyala beyond her appearance. On the contrary most of her talk concerning Layla as a person has her addressing things she dislikes about her.

Passing Through

Varanus wrote:Unless you're being sarcastic you aren't making any sense... Layla was the one being taken over. As she told Lamia it is her mind, her body, not Lamia's. Nina restored her agency.

So a friendly cat boy who cheats because Layla normally doesn't care is worse than a mass killer? You're upset with Kade for trying to eat one mouse, where as Mr. Boodles tortured and killed sapient beings.

It certainly wasn't self defense when she and her cohorts would reduce town populations to zero (of course assuming that happened). Or that princess she kidnapped and killed before cruelly killing the guy who came to try to save her.

They have never gotten along all that well beyond casual friendship, Layla is far too abrasive for a generally even-tempered girl like Brooke. Further we have never seen Brooke find anything attractive about Lyala beyond her appearance. On the contrary most of her talk concerning Layla as a person has her addressing things she dislikes about her.
... Tell me, where in this story exactly, was any thought given to Layla's hopes and dreams? Where was any time dedicated to find out what she was feeling? Where did anyone care about what Layla's ambitions were and how they were affected by recent events? Where, in short, did anyone pause to ask 'what does Layla desire, what is best for her and what will make her happy?' Things happened because Nina wanted them to happen, Layla was reduced to the status of a prize, an object to be fought over, nothing more.

So a molestor who'll chase anything in a skirt, uncaring of who it hurts, is somehow better than a friendly kitty?

There was no mention of any of that 'town slaying' stuff outside a school report of Nina and the Puppy they were given an 'F' for. In the bedtime story (and why are we even caring about that? It was just a story.) a villainous malefactor had broken into her home with murder in his heart.

So no reason whatsoever then? Seriously, you don't think that Layla being the one girl Brooke specifically picks on is something of a hint?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Passing Through wrote:Where, in short, did anyone pause to ask 'what does Layla desire, what is best for her and what will make her happy?'
How could they, when Layla's consciousness was being forcibly overwritten by Lamia? :-\
Passing Through wrote:Things happened because Nina wanted them to happen, Layla was reduced to the status of a prize, an object to be fought over, nothing more.
Things happened because Nina knew her sister well enough to realize she was losing her to someone who was trying to take over her life. And Layla agreed, which is why she thanked Nina afterward.
Passing Through wrote:There was no mention of any of that 'town slaying' stuff outside a school report of Nina and the Puppy they were given an 'F' for.
They got an 'F', because Nina's interpretation was completely inaccurate. The way she told it made it sound as if Lamia was friendly and loved by the villagers. But the images that accompanied her report, proved otherwise by showing what really happened.

So, judging from those images, Lamia was a mass-murdering tyrant.
Passing Through wrote:Seriously, you don't think that Layla being the one girl Brooke specifically picks on is something of a hint?
Not really, since it isn't much of a basis for a relationship.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

to add, from what Layla said to Nina inside her brain after defeating Lamia

during a short period of time, I am guessing definitely during the time Layla went to her parents and asked them why she was never told she was reincarnation of Lamia................. they were half and half, in agreement(or Lamia allowed Layla to believe that)

in here Lamia was starting to take bigger control, as "that person" (mostly Lamia by now) was forced to remember Layla does not kill

and I think by this time, Lamia is shown as already in her way to "take over and statutefied Layla's facets in personality" as it was shown here
ImageImage

Treader

Post by Treader »

Passing Through wrote: Yeah, it's really sad. And the worst of it is... it looks like she's been reset to, well, here. All character development shelved. :( I don't see any trace of Layla in the current page. I suppose she could be acting, but... :(
Or her personality is still snapping back after being nearly wiped away. Assuming everything will get restored, that is.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

passing's confusion seems to be that he thinks? Layla forgot herself...............

I see it as Layla forgetting the "mind saga", and we do not know if it will be temporarily or permanently (thus probably might forget Nina saved her? if it is permanent)

and Layla having no memory of what "her body did" after Lamia took over somewhere between 508 and 515 (might be permanent or temporary)
ImageImage

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

Varanus wrote:What potential? She was an evil, mass murderer whose only interactions with other people were to use and control them (even her saving Layla's father's life only led to him having to repay her via the rebirth deal).
Well, yeah, that's the point.
She was interesting at first, when her personality was mixture of Layla and Lamia, but then she suddenly turned into two dimensional mass murderer, with nothing of Layla in her other than her body and memories.
She had potential right until authors decided she is generic villain who can't make up her mind whether to destroy world or conquer it

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Mackus wrote:She was interesting at first, when her personality was mixture of Layla and Lamia, but then she suddenly turned into two dimensional mass murderer, with nothing of Layla in her other than her body and memories.
Lamia was already like that to begin with. That's why she was trying to rid herself of all traces of Layla's persona, because Layla's morals were hampering her.
Mackus wrote:She had potential right until authors decided she is generic villain who can't make up her mind whether to destroy world or conquer it
Destroying the world was never her goal, she said she wanted to rebuild her empire. Which is what she was working towards by making Brooke loyal to her, and by attempting to replace Kade's consciousness with Mr. Boodles.

Spinell

Post by Spinell »

Cortez wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:Yes, yes, Brooke is truly the venomous villain of this piece! :D
No ones saying she's a villain, but Layla is not wrong when she says Brook didn't try to stop Lamia.
It's a kettle calling the pot black situation (thats why its funny).
Layla was too weakwilled to resist the allure of Lamias life. Nina was necessary to remind Layla that her own life has merit as well.
So in short everyone other than Layla can tell Brook "How could you". Layla herself should do some soulsearching. Preferably without her sister in her head.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Spinell wrote:It's a kettle calling the pot black situation.
No it isn't.
Spinell wrote:So in short everyone other than Layla can tell Brook "How could you".
Saying: 'I wanted to see what it'd be like for awhile' - doesn't say: 'I was down with whatever she did, including trying to erase my persona and one of my friend's, too'. That's two different things.

Which is why she was justifiably angry and appalled, once she was finally made aware of what was being done to her. Whereas Brooke had been willing to allow it to happen, for the sake of being with her crush. So if anyone deserves to say, 'how could you?' it's Layla.

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

Gotoh wrote:Lamia was already like that to begin with. That's why she was trying to rid herself of all traces of Layla's persona, because [url=http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/st ... y_own_home]Layla's morals were hampering her.
Yeah, original Lamia was evil, but modern Layla-Lamia was interesting, and not very evil as long as Layla was significant part of her personality.
Also, at first it was not immediately obvious that Lamia ever overwrote Layla's mind, since it looked as if they were always same one person, only her memory of past life was blocked until her awakening.

Passing Through

Mackus wrote:Well, yeah, that's the point.
She was interesting at first, when her personality was mixture of Layla and Lamia, but then she suddenly turned into two dimensional mass murderer, with nothing of Layla in her other than her body and memories.
She had potential right until authors decided she is generic villain who can't make up her mind whether to destroy world or conquer it
Layla basically went from being an amneisac Lamia who'd just recovered her memories to... well nothing more than a plot device used soley to justify Nina's odious behaviour(and Nina actually, really, sank to slave trading, so it's a wasted effort).

Such wasted potential. :( If only Nina's wretched mind invasion plotline had never been started...

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

today's class

how LAYLA was almost taken over by Lamia

Layla = her own person with PART of Lamia in her mind
Nina = her own person with PART of Lamia in her mind
Nina tasted blood accidentally and awaken PART of Lamia
Nina bit her sister Layla, and that somehow transfer her PART of Lamia inside Layla and thus the 2 PARTS of Lamia reunited and became whole
Layla at first was a 50-50 share of Layla and Lamia as Lamia's memories became part of her
Lamia at first was taking little by little small parts of Layla (making them statutes, and those parts of Layla's memories disappearing) thus Layla seemed to suddenly forget part of her own recent past,(no killing of bit victims, and by the time "she forgot name of own sister" ) basically having taken over Layla's body as in 95%/5% by the time "Lamia" (she is not anymore Layla) captured Kade and the "duo" of Blair/Ace
Nina and Tia helped Layla recover her own body inside her mind
Layla = her "main core ego" now has complete control of her memories and has in recess the memories of WHOLE Lamia(one time partly inside Layla and partly inside Nina) and basically "core Layla" is now the "mother" of a childlike Lamia but is still part of the subconscious of Layla, not the conscious of Layla, thus reason Layla has no memories of what happened inside her mind, and no memories of her body when main control went to Lamia
ImageImage