Dangerously Chloe 11-06-15 Bikini Tickle Fight

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

JoybuzzerX

Re: Dangerously Chloe 11-06-15 Bikini Tickle Fight

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Zippy wrote:So, am I the only one who thinks this chapter (if this strip, as it appears, is indeed the end-of-chapter tag scene) was... pretty much a complete waste? Leaving aside the art shift (which was... punctual), the core of it was a series of unconnected and - more importantly - unfunny breakup jokes, it pretty much tanked Chloe as a character, the cameos at the start (Alchemy & Pandora in particular) never went anywhere,...
Nope. Chloe came off looking worse and the ending was a sad let down.

Dinnersaur

Post by Dinnersaur »

This twist makes too little sense to be satisfying. The wording was, "me and Love in a head-to-head breakup contest. The loser becomes the winner's slave." Either only those two are involved in the bet, or, if you disregard that, the loser of the entire competition becomes the slave of the winner of the entire competition. Chloe and Lucretia both came second, not last.

I guess it could willfully be misinterpreted as "the loser [of the head-to-head contest] becomes the winner [of the spa holiday]'s slave," but convoluted logic like that ought to be explicitly explained in the comic.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

the only possible major things that came out of this storyline is that 1) Chloe is much more interested in Teddy than what she likes to admit 2) established possible venue for Ted and Triana to get together
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

pbfhdude wrote:Slash Stab is sooo abusing her power.
What the heaven do you think that power is for??
mikbuster wrote:Did they specify that the bet was only those two?
Was it even defined as a bet?

Yes, this is Slash-Stab being arbitrary and unfair. It's previously been established that she does that, because (a) Demon from Hell, and more importantly (b) Teacher.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I don't get all the discussion about the bet either. Slash-Stab can do whatever the eff she wants to do, because a) see Spidrift, and b) ditto.

Now, my first thought was: Really? Is the front of the tummy a ticklish zone? I get the sides, yeah...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Don Alexander wrote:Now, my first thought was: Really? Is the front of the tummy a ticklish zone? I get the sides, yeah...
Chloe's body position is all kinds of weird, really. Even just on her right hand, she wouldn't even be tickling Lulu, she'd be scratching her - and with her hand cupped like that, it looks like it's either been down and coming up, or set to head down.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I'd like more cheesecake, please, a double helping this time.
Thanks!
;)

Taigan

Post by Taigan »

pbfhdude wrote: Slash Stab is sooo abusing her power.
Pretty sure that's in her job description. :p

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Yeah, it'd be more surprising if she didn't abuse her power.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Tython

Post by Tython »

Personally I have to agree with people saying that they should not have to be slaves to the winner since the contract was specifically for Chloe and Lucretia and in alot of deal with the devil type stories the specific wording is key to how the devil screws you over.

Here the contract was very specific a head to head competition not everyone else involved otherwise why are the other succubi not included in the deal?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Because Slash-Stab is a teacher.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Tython

Post by Tython »

Then she is teaching a very bad example on how to screw your contractee via the wording used in said contract.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Lesson 1: If they haven't signed a contract, just put themselves unconditionally in your power, you can have fun.

Lesson 2: Whoever achieves the best results for us gets rewarded. Fine print wording is for Legal when they're dealing with schhmuck mortals; you're not Legal, you're Delivery.

Lesson 3: Slash-Stab is in charge.
---------
Spidrift

tanonev

Post by tanonev »

She's teaching that if you have all the power, then a "contract" means whatever you want it to mean. Why bother investing power into a contract that could potentially be used against you when you could instead just hold all the power yourself, and merely give the other party the illusion of power via the contract?

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Tython wrote:Then she is teaching a very bad example on how to screw your contractee via the wording used in said contract.
Isn't that what demons are supposed to do? /:)
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug: