Eerie Cuties 03-06-15 Could not have all of me

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

washu

Re: Eerie Cuties 03-06-15 Could not have all of me

Post by washu »

Gotoh wrote:I figured Lamia would remain a part of her by the time it was over, but it's good to know that Layla will still be herself. Mostly. Also wanted to point out that she has Mr. Skullpin back.

Now all that's left is for Nina to fork Blair over to Tia like they agreed, though I still wanna know why Tia's so fixated on him. That and whether she'll be satisfied with a lifeless doll, or will she lay claim to Ace since "Bessie's" in his body?
i'm curious about this as well. i'll vote she has little interest without Blair being inside. just a hunch, don't really know why i feel this way. also, i'm glad you pointed out Mr. Skullpin. i didn't even notice.
Rise from Ashes. a new webcomic by Madeleine Rosca, author of Hollow Fields.

philippos42

Post by philippos42 »

Well, that was a cool ending.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Insectoid wrote:This Lamia-is-part-of-her thing is going to be interesting as the story progresses. (When/if it returns, that is.)

(Also, Tumblr is cool. Just throwing that out there.)
Tumblr is horrifying...and yet...

Well, why is it not surprising that Lamia can't be destroyed? I mean, it's kind of like being a Joined Trill...you can't destroy one of those past lives of your symbiont no matter how you try.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

For me, the Internet date is and always will be 2003.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

People, remember Tia's infamous "move stuff around" powers...
Storm-forge mystique wrote:For me, the Internet date is and always will be 2003.
So the lord bespake on the 4th of Centiquadragintioctober 2003 ;)

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

I was hoping Lamia would still be around after the struggle was over. Is it weird that I hope Layla still plans on creating an empire?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

So Layla and Lamia are soul sisters? I'm not surprised at that. And Nina seems to be jealous. Nina is a very nice vampire, but I'm not surprised to see that either.
:-?

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Gotoh wrote:
I'm also wondering if we'll ever find out what those visions between Lamia, Ace, and Brooke were about? Or if Lamia was just playing mind games with him? With so much left unanswered, I really hope they'll eventually return to EC/MC.
can't say is 100% but I take it it was a real dream(or maybe a semi-dream influenced by Blair) and Blair took Ace(while Ace was sleep) to the park to show him what Lamia was doing to Brooke
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:For me, the Internet date is and always will be 2003.
Good heavens, no. Everyone knows that it's eternally September 1993.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:
Gotoh wrote:
I'm also wondering if we'll ever find out what those visions between Lamia, Ace, and Brooke were about? Or if Lamia was just playing mind games with him? With so much left unanswered, I really hope they'll eventually return to EC/MC.
can't say is 100% but I take it it was a real dream(or maybe a semi-dream influenced by Blair) and Blair took Ace(while Ace was sleep) to the park to show him what Lamia was doing to Brooke
How could Blair influence his visions, when he didn't know anything about them? Lamia even said she had cut Blair off, so she could speak with Ace in private.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

first, Blair is inside Ace's head, so he can influence his mind

and if you talking about this

http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/pl ... my_secrets

they were talking about taking Blair out completely later on and "Blair" is one who say "don't I get a say on this" and both Brooke and "Ace" said no!

if you talking second panel of link you gave, how can Brooke "dream" at same time as Ace when obviously in last panel, she is awake and kissing Lamia? so either Blair influence the dream directly(unlikely) or indirectly(Ace even while sleep would have his subconscious know Blair walked Ace body to the park), so either Blair "told Ace what is going on" or Ace "dreamed" thanks to the subconscious seeing Blair taking the body to the park to spy on Lamia)
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:first, Blair is inside Ace's head, so he can influence his mind
No he couldn't. Blair could only hijack Ace's mouth and (occasionally) his body whenever Ace was asleep. That's as far as his control went.
wiseguy wrote:and if you talking about this
....which I wasn't, since I linked to exactly what I was referring to. The scene you linked to deals with a different matter entirely.
wiseguy wrote:if you talking second panel of link you gave, how can Brooke "dream" at same time as Ace when obviously in last panel, she is awake and kissing Lamia?
Re-read the dialog in the scene I linked to. Ace specifically asked Lamia why Brooke was there and Lamia told him it was because of her. Blair had nothing to do with that because she cut Ace off from Blair.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

nope, the use of the words by "dream Lamia" implied the actual being there of the 3, but the 4th panel made it "4 of them" as "dream Nina" appeared

I can recognized that Blair was not directly responsible for Ace's dream after re-reading your link but what his subconscious picked up from Blair's actions can easily influence what he dreamed plus you are now wanting to give Lamia more powers than what she actually has (and there is no definitive indication that Lamia ever knew Ace and Blair saw her and Brooke at the park)

you have to think of Ace and Blair as you and your friend being alone in the same room, both of you can't force the other to do things, but both of you can communicate and both can know what the other is doing if you "see each other" (since both are using same brain, unless one of them is sleep or "hiding under the bed", they should know what the other feels and communicates)
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:I can recognized that Blair was not directly responsible for Ace's dream after re-reading your link but what his subconscious picked up from Blair's actions can easily influence what he dreamed
Blair's action's had nothing to do with anything Ace was seeing.
wiseguy wrote:plus you are now wanting to give Lamia more powers than what she actually has
I'm not giving her credit for anything she hadn't done. If she could send visions to Ace, you honestly think she couldn't control what he saw during those visions? Like why she said Brooke was in the second one?

Also notice, in that link, Lamia was able to warn Ace that Brooke was about to slap him. So apparently she could keep tabs on what was happening in the real world, while communicating with him through his visions.
wiseguy wrote:and there is no definitive indication that Lamia ever knew Ace and Blair saw her and Brooke at the park
I never said anything about her knowing that Ace and Blair had seen them together at the park. But since you bring it up, I'll redirect you to the preceding section that proves she probably did know they were there.

However, the original question had nothing to do with that. It was about the visions Ace was having and what they were supposed to mean (assuming Lamia wasn't playing mind games with him).

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Ace is not "seeing", he is dreaming

the before Brooke's slap vision was right at the time that Blair merged with Ace, and part of lamia asserted herself ON NINA, so it can be read many ways (also Ace can be himself a reincarnation of an ascendant of him) so we talking different semantics(IS NOT whole Lamia asserted on Layla)

and let's say he could keep tabs of what was happening in the real world att the time of the slap(even if at that time part of her was in layla and another part was in Nina), she sure had hard time understanding today's world ;)

preceding section? separate actions of Lamia of starting to seduce Brooke(without mentioning going to the park BTW), and Blair getting a "3rd date" and getting significant control of Ace's actions
ImageImage