Dangerously Chloe 28-05-15 Cake is Ready

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

aeridus

Re: Dangerously Chloe 28-05-15 Cake is Ready

Post by aeridus »

Shouldn't it be "dumb butt"? >_> I've never seen it the other way around.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Yep. People haven't mentioned it yet, but with this, Chloe scores the bonus point and wins the contest.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

manbear

Post by manbear »

What is a "Butt Dumb"?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Don Alexander wrote:At least I got chi--- cake!
Artemisia wrote:Oh dear...has Chloe fallen in love with Teddy?
You just noticed? :P
You mean you haven't noticed how blind I can be to certain things? ;)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

No, I just noticed. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

aeridus wrote:Shouldn't it be "dumb butt"? >_> I've never seen it the other way around.
Butt Dumb is what Teddy accidently called Triana some strips back.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Actually, it's what Triana thought he was calling her. He was actually saying that her nose was cute as a button, but he had to say it with a French accent, because of an error by Chloe...

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

4 pages of comments, and no one mentioned Devils Food Cake yet? What the heck?

Sgt. Slashstab will award Chloe double points for staying on target and keeping her victim from weasling out by getting another girlfriend.

Hig Hirtenflurst

Post by Hig Hirtenflurst »

Am I reading the same comic? Harem comedies like this tend to run on comedic sociopathy where the protagonist is concerned. I thought the takeaway from this page was meant to be Chloe's first hint of self-awareness about her feelings for Teddy, which is kinda sweet. It'll be interesting to see how she acts on that when she's not being distracted by a race-to-the-finish breakup competition and a tiny Lulu squished in her cleavage.

danelsan

Post by danelsan »

So, Chloe is evil now (this time with no artifact of doom involved). With this and MC, I guess I'm down to eerie cuties, then. Oh, well, once EC was the only one, so it is not a big deal if the spin-offs don't interest me anymore.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Unfortunately, MC and EC are ending soon.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Technically, they are going on indefinite hiatus, I think - although at this rate, we'll be waiting for new MC comics for years to come.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

So Chloe upon realizing that getting out of the contract means leaving Teddy... Does something Selfish and justifies it with "eh she wasn't good for him anyway." and Poor Teddy is left confused... Probably cause the Cake had such a terrible insult. I'm pretty sure Teddy's insults would have zing to them!

She is A ****ing Succubus A teenage one at that, I know a large chunk of you like to forget that fact, downplay it, or ignore what that actually entails, but Chloe is a Denizen of the Underworld. So her doing something you find morally horrible should not surprise you. Chloe just does not go to the more obvious extremes.

Chloe's desire for Teddy has been becoming a thing from pretty much the get go... Its kinda how harem plots work. It gives Chloe actual flaws and a personal Conflict to overcome, Instead of being Teddy's Hellraising Genie. Cause you can only pull the Chloe's incompetence costs Teddy the girl maybe more then once before it gets old.

Chloe is in the denial stage since how she justified why she did it. Ergo Chloe's arc is about 1. Realizing why she does what she does -She has genuinely grown fond of Teddy and wants him for herself- and 2. Letting go of the thing she wants.

Chloe purposefully sabotaging Teddy so she can stay with him is alot more interesting then Chloe is such an incompetent demon that her antics screw Teddy over... or Teddy just keeps attracting dysfunctional females. What screwy antics can they get into.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

And you forget she's suppose to be a succubus with a conscience, she knows right from wrong.

The point to her character was that she's a good guy despite being a demon from hell.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Cortez wrote:And you forget she's suppose to be a succubus with a conscience, she knows right from wrong.

The point to her character was that she's a good guy despite being a demon from hell.
Forget... No

A Conscience is one thing. Is it an instant WILL NEVER EVER do something wrong for the wrong reasons cause they can buff? No its not.

That does don't mean the character will not make a mistake, that does not mean The Character must always choose the Selfless best for others thing. That does not mean All Self centered thoughts are banished to the back of ones mind. Cause having a grasp of right from wrong is not the same as having an all loving heart and spirit. One can come naturally the latter you need to work for.

You are fully justified in being disappointed in what Chloe has done... But thats the point

Chloe is not Teddy's All sacrificing, Just does whats best for him, should be best girl but plot reasons can't be, Harem Magical Girlfriend. She does have wants and desires of her own. She has actual personal flaws.

Cause being incompetent but well meaning can only sustain a character so much. Frankly This is narrative wise much more interesting then the usual Harem Magic girlfriend scenario.

Hell What are you guys gonna do when the "Chloe needs to be deflowered or She DIES" arc comes up? Other then proclaim it is the best arc ever...