Dangerously Chloe 07-05-15 Boys are Jerks

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

mikbuster

Re: Dangerously Chloe 07-05-15 Boys are Jerks

Post by mikbuster »

Okay. I'll admit I'm rather at a loss. Why would you repeatedly bring up stealing it, if you were saying that he wasn't there to steal it? And what would constitute implying that he had some kind of knowledge related to that object?
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Gotoh wrote:
wiseguy wrote:every person has a different outlook

guy A who is 15 will love to have a chance to get an actual Atari and play Pong and do almost anything for a chance to examine that actual Atari
Except we aren't talking about a simple difference in perspective, or personal preferences. We're talking about a kid who committed a felony for the sake of examining a clockwork duck.

No one in their right mind is gonna risk fines and imprisonment to look at an Atari 2600.
you would be surprised of things people get arrested for

like someone going to a place to steal a Yugioh card(it really happened) or steal a girl's panties or things like that, even someone entering a closed store to get ONE JAR of milk(also actually happened) and nothing else

and no one has said Ted was on his right mind for entering the museum and things like this happens all the time in sitcoms, where for example a kid enters the school at night to take out an embarrassing essay, or someone sneaks to his work area at night to take out in the bosses computer a "resignation email"
Last edited by wiseguy on Sun May 10, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

mikbuster wrote:Why would you repeatedly bring up stealing it, if you were saying that he wasn't there to steal it?
My point was, it'd be different if he was there to steal it. At least, then breaking into the museum would make sense. Breaking into the place just to look at it doesn't.

It'd be like a criminal breaking into a bank just to look at the stationary. They'd be risking jail time over something trivial. Likewise, Teddy admitted what he did was pretty stupid, just so he could look at a duck. Which is what has me wondering why he did it? It seems pointless.
mikbuster wrote:And what would constitute implying that he had some kind of knowledge related to that object?
Say if he took shop at school, or if he had a workshop in the family garage where we might see some half-finished projects lying around, that sorta thing. Basically an orgy of evidence that clockwork mechanics was his area of interest, or expertise.

Breaking into a museum doesn't to look at a clockwork duck doesn't say much other than, he seems to have experience with breaking and entering to make it past their security. That, and he's apparently willing to risk going to jail over something that he probably could've read about.
wiseguy wrote:you would be surprised of things people get arrested for.
Sad, but true. But it still doesn't make sense.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

not saying you would ;) but I can envision an interesting critique by you about "married with children" or even "2 and a half men" about how weird they are and how they don't make any sense
ImageImage

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Saying outright that he knows about clockworks isn't implying though. Implying is suggesting it.
http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips-dc/crabby_bug
http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... personally
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@mikbuster: I did say that I don't really follow DC much. The last strip I read was the one where Tandy and Gabby were spying on Prudence, so I hadn't seen the second link you posted. Anyhoo, point taken. I was wrong.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

because his history of taking things apart and putting them back together (by wanting extra screws in one link), he might have been lucky he never touched that clockwork duck, he might have decided to take it apart and not know how to get it back together
ImageImage