Magic Chicks 10-04-15 No one is that strong

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Magic Chicks 10-04-15 No one is that strong

Post by Gotoh »

@wiseguy: Light Mel is the one attacking Cerise in the last panel, you can see the wand poking Cerise's nose in the second-to-last panel, right before she fires.

btw, Don's gonna delete that quote, since mine was directly above yours.

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Not sure what is happening, don't care ... because Cerise is about to be b-( :ymdevil:
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Once again, Cerise's gloating lets her opponents get the upper hand. She just refuses to learn from her mistakes.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

Can I just I say for the record that I stopped caring about this story arch months ago? It keeps dragging on and on and on. Cerise is an especially tough villain, I get it. But she's (Twist!) too powerful to defeat! Then she's (Twist!) too powerful for the whole shcool to defeat! And then (TWIIIIST!) too powerful for (NEW! IMPROVED!) Melissia to defeat! (BUT SUPER DUPER TWISTYTWIST!) A NEW CHALLENGER ARRIVES!

OHMYGOD! I don't care any more. This has more false endings then an evening of edging with a dominatrix. Just, for real, I would rather have Cerise win then watch another false ending. I, for the record, don't care for this super evil direction that Cerise took, (ruining my favorite character and turning her into an obnoxious evil bitch that betrays her lover and and all her friends while somehow also being super one-demenional and boring at the same time,) but I'd rather have a downer ending then watch the writers stretch this garbage storyline out with any more filler. It's starting to seem like the writers are running out of ideas. I'd also like to point out that I was never really rooting that hard for Melissia in the first place, cuase she is kinda a bitch too, but Jesus, woman, just finish the job already or I am done with this comic.
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

crimzontearz wrote:Can we FINALLY kill her now? Seriously tried to murderkill everyone of her own volition and STILL IS. If she lives after this I am going going to be disappointed.
That would just give Hekate what she wants. I don't think she should be killed, though she probably should receive some sort of punishment.

SAGG

Post by SAGG »

Why does that last panel look to show that Cerise's about to be "cleansed" out of her dark power? There seems to be plenty of light overwhelming the darkness...

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

gotoh, I swear that at time of my post, there was a post after that one, thus the why I quoted, that person must have deleted it at the same time I posted, and I went real quick to see "new posts" so I missed that I "jumped" directly after what I quoted

and you correct, for some reason at time I posted I really thought I saw "a "swipe movement" instead of the circle part of the wand and that the star was the "show of hurt" LOL
RoninAngel wrote:Can I just I say for the record that I stopped caring about this story arch months ago? It keeps dragging on and on and on. Cerise is an especially tough villain, I get it. But she's (Twist!) too powerful to defeat! Then she's (Twist!) too powerful for the whole shcool to defeat! And then (TWIIIIST!) too powerful for (NEW! IMPROVED!) Melissia to defeat! (BUT SUPER DUPER TWISTYTWIST!) A NEW CHALLENGER ARRIVES!

OHMYGOD! I don't care any more. This has more false endings then an evening of edging with a dominatrix. Just, for real, I would rather have Cerise win then watch another false ending. I, for the record, don't care for this super evil direction that Cerise took, (ruining my favorite character and turning her into an obnoxious evil bitch that betrays her lover and and all her friends while somehow also being super one-demenional and boring at the same time,) but I'd rather have a downer ending then watch the writers stretch this garbage storyline out with any more filler. It's starting to seem like the writers are running out of ideas. I'd also like to point out that I was never really rooting that hard for Melissia in the first place, cuase she is kinda a bitch too, but Jesus, woman, just finish the job already or I am done with this comic.
Cerise was one "embracing the dark" while Mel was more like "I am into the dark because it is what it is expected of me" thus the advantage because of that started going toward Cerise while Mel was in between "going all dark" or accepting the wand and what it meant

separately all the girls can't handle Cerise because "cerise heart was more into it" but it was not enough to have total victory because some mistakes on her part, or she was expecting the foes not to be as strong as they ended up, not enough advantage on either side for a victory of whatever side

I expect either Cerise being "wiped out" or a catalyst to happen that makes her realize that she was egoistical (just like Mel started realizing) and than the fight MIGHT switch to be Hekate against the whole school, including the coven

we still have IN THE FUTURE, who is the one that Hypnotized the coven and the principal of the school, who exactly is the principal of the school of Layla, Nina and Brooke? but if we find out it will when the writers come back from the upcoming hiatus
ImageImage

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

SAGG wrote:Why does that last panel look to show that Cerise's about to be "cleansed" out of her dark power? There seems to be plenty of light overwhelming the darkness...
Since all that happened last time was Cerise vomiting a rainbow, that would be....anti-climactic.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Uh...BULL****. Cerise pumped the darkness in Melissa and for a brief while she was free of it and its influence and the firsthing she did was retrieve the rest of the darkness to omg SHOCKER try to kill her friends some more.

No, she needs yo freaking die. Slowly, intimately, in every way we know she fears

Coughs....I am totally not channeling Loki

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

crimzontearz wrote:Uh...BULL****.

No, she needs yo freaking die. Slowly, intimately, in every way we know she fears.
No, Cerise needs to make amends for her actions. Just as Mel needs to acknowledge how she's treated her in the past, which is how she wound up inadvertently creating her own villain. A fact which Mel had begun to realize, before literally running from the truth. It's a bridge that may be beyond repair, at this point, but there'll definitely be no way to fix it if Cerise dies.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

It is really too bad that this book took so long to get updates (even before the planed slow down) because I really felt like it was going someplace interesting. :ymsigh:
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

RoninAngel wrote:Can I just I say for the record that I stopped caring about this story arch months ago? It keeps dragging on and on and on.
Well, it's half a year or so behind when it would have finished given a consistent update schedule. That'll have an effect...
RoninAngel wrote:Cerise is an especially tough villain, I get it. But she's (Twist!) too powerful to defeat! Then she's (Twist!) too powerful for the whole shcool to defeat! And then (TWIIIIST!) too powerful for (NEW! IMPROVED!) Melissia to defeat! (BUT SUPER DUPER TWISTYTWIST!) A NEW CHALLENGER ARRIVES!
It's been more inconsistent than that. When Mel first pinked-out, she chucked her away. Fake-Skye's backstab would have finished her but for Hekate's intervention. And she ran away from the Legion oF Disappearing Extras for no clear reason (seriously, what happened to them?)

RoninAngel wrote:...just finish the job already or I am done with this comic.
Well, there's only somewhere in the region of ten strips left...
crimzontearz wrote:Uh...BULL****. Cerise pumped the darkness in Melissa and for a brief while she was free of it and its influence...
Was she? Look what it did to Mel - it didn't suppress her 'better nature', it completely purged it from her body! If it did the same to Cerise (minus the Wand link that allowed LightMel to incarnate seperately), then she's still going to be Dark Cerise whatever her power status unless/until what was removed can be returned.
Gotoh wrote:No, Cerise needs to make amends for her actions. Just as Mel needs to acknowledge how she's treated her in the past, which is how she wound up inadvertently creating her own villain. A fact which Mel had begun to realize, before literally running from the truth. It's a bridge that may be beyond repair, at this point, but there'll definitely be no way to fix it if Cerise dies.
Kinda. The problem is that Cerise has not only gone too far, she's chosen to go down that road of her own free will. If DarkMel ran amok for a while before being remerged with LightMel, the reunited Melissa would at least have the diminished responsibily defence that her dark side would have been 'released' against her will. Cerise CHOSE to drink the potion KNOWING that it was intended to purge the drinker's better nature. As such, the nine attempted murders (eight premeditated), selling of the teachers into slavery, mindrape or attempted mindrape of the rest of the student body, stabbing Tandy in the guts, etc? That's all on her.

This isn't just about Mel, even if she would like to think it is.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Mel =/= Cerise. There is no evidence of anything being purged from Cerise like with Mel. Face it Cerise became a Villain because she felt she was always second best and because Mel is this universe equivalent of a "plastic" but that is NOT an excuse....this needs not to turn into a "maybe she can be reformed.....OH NOES Cerise turned evil again" loop....kill her as she deserves.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Zippy wrote:It's been more inconsistent than that. When Mel first pinked-out, she chucked her away. Fake-Skye's backstab would have finished her but for Hekate's intervention.
It hasn't been inconsistent, both sides have had chances to end it. Problem is: they haven't, because one won't shut up, and the other doesn't know how to prioritize.

At this point, I kinda hoping Faith finally puts her foot down and settles this, like she should've to begin with.
Zippy wrote:Kinda. Cerise CHOSE to drink the potion KNOWING that it was intended to purge the drinker's better nature. As such, the nine attempted murders (eight premeditated), selling of the teachers into slavery, mindrape or attempted mindrape of the rest of the student body, stabbing Tandy in the guts, etc? That's all on her.

This isn't just about Mel, even if she would like to think it is.
I never said Mel was solely responsible for what Cerise has become, but she did have a hand in it. A lot of Cerise's actions stems from that and Mel didn't help matters any by dogging her. All it did was add to all that resentment Cerise was harboring towards her, 'til she finally saw a chance to even the odds and downed the contents of that vial.

However, Cerise's current state isn't much different than what happened to Claudette in 'Queen's Blade: Rebellion'. Like Cerise, she also habored a sh!tload of resentment and loathing (towards the other Nobel Houses and her father). The Swamp Witch placed a curse on her, that turned Claudette's resentment into outright bloodlust, which lead her to plunge the entire continent in an age of all-out revolt and civil war, where thousands, upon thousands died.

But she wasn't beyond redemption. The rest of the continent would never know the truth of what'd happened and forever branded her a tyrant. But those closest to her, who knew what'd caused it, forgave her. My point being, I doubt Cerise would ever have gone as far as to attempt mass murder had she not taken that vial. The same way Claudette would have been a firm just queen, had the Swamp Witch not placed that curse on her.

Ophidiophile

Post by Ophidiophile »

Zippy wrote:
SAGG wrote:Why does that last panel look to show that Cerise's about to be "cleansed" out of her dark power? There seems to be plenty of light overwhelming the darkness...
Since all that happened last time was Cerise vomiting a rainbow, that would be....anti-climactic.
Melissa has shown that she can adapt her tactics on the fly to counter her opponent's tactics, so I doubt there will be another rainbow vomit.
crimzontearz wrote:Mel =/= Cerise. There is no evidence of anything being purged from Cerise like with Mel. Face it Cerise became a Villain because she felt she was always second best and because Mel is this universe equivalent of a "plastic" but that is NOT an excuse....this needs not to turn into a "maybe she can be reformed.....OH NOES Cerise turned evil again" loop....kill her as she deserves.
Gotoh wrote:
crimzontearz wrote:Uh...BULL****.
No, she needs yo freaking die. Slowly, intimately, in every way we know she fears.
No, Cerise needs to make amends for her actions. Just as Mel needs to acknowledge how she's treated her in the past, which is how she wound up inadvertently creating her own villain. A fact which Mel had begun to realize, before literally running from the truth. It's a bridge that may be beyond repair, at this point, but there'll definitely be no way to fix it if Cerise dies.
I don't know what Cerise needs to do, but Hecate did warn Skye that the dark power would change her personality to something she might not like, so the dark power has probably changed Cerise as well. (Now that Skye has been drained of dark power, I have to wonder if her personality has reverted; her statement of surprise at Cerise pounding Melissa into the floor could have been out of concern for Mel; before, I think she would have been cheering.) Even though Cerise is consumed with desire for power and revenge, that doesn't mean that she would behave the way she has if free of the dark power. She seems to lack impulse control, and one could say that she is literally drunk with power. Take away the dark power, and let Faith have a few "counseling" sessions with her, and we might see a Cerise everyone can live with.

Dark Melissa also has the dark power now, but her personality seems to be no different from light Melissa, nor does the dark power seem to be in control. However, Hecate did say that Melissa was strong enough to handle the dark power (and she currently only has the amount that Cerise could use with out killing herself), so that doesn't surprise me. Still, I think Hecate will be satisfied with having dark Mel as her coven leader and/or Leader of the Shadow Realm.

Speaking of Faith, she might have gotten a little help. There was that mind-warping field she was subconsciously generating that affected most of the girls in the school; what if it didn't all come from her? Tiff could draw power from the school, which baffled Faith, but suppose Faith had also been drawing power from the school to keep the field in place, but didn't realize it, just as she didn't realize she was generating the field in the first place. Now that she is back at school, that power might be why she is so much stronger than Cerise thought possible.