Dangerously Choe 16-03-15 So What If I Lose

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Bambikles

Re: Dangerously Choe 16-03-15 So What If I Lose

Post by Bambikles »

Really, almost all characters look off in this page. The only picture I would deem on par with the general level of Ma3 and EC-verse is Chloe imagine spot as Lulu's Cinderella. In all og the others people look like dummies (litteraly) and somewhat off-putting. Maybe it's the mouth which are too big. Maybe it's the straightness of their poses which contradicts their supposed relaxed, laid-back, casual state-of-mind.
I'll keep finding Jason's Chloe off-putting and unattractive, completely because of the way her face is drawn. It's miles away from cute Chloe from Giz or Cassandra. So Jason's style, in my very personal opinion, has to improve, and he will. I found Eisu's work at the beginning of SOTR (most notably his guest strips) rather rough and angular, and not very appealing on the whole, but in the course of the comic it has become wonderfully smooth, supple and refined. I wish the same to Jason from the bottom of my heart (sincerity and benevolent mode).

brasca

Post by brasca »

Insectoid wrote:Poor Chloe, having a morality crisis. I wonder how badly she can mess this up, considering her past record...

@Cortez: are you sure? This seems like the sort of thing Lu would be good at, lacking the sort of moral compass Chloe seems to have. (Plus, she has a head start.)
She never intended to break up Teddy's parents, but it happened while she was trying to break the contract with him so she wouldn't have to claim his soul. This being a comedy she will probably fail miserably every time she tries to break people up intentionally, but then wins the contest when she does a good deed and all hell breaks loose.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Mandy wrote:Eh, I'm not sure how many people would allow themselves to go into slavery for eternity (remember, succubi are immortal) to salvage some mortals' Valentine's Day... especially when another succubus could come along and ruin those couples' Valentine's day anyway.... also, nothing is saying that most of the relationships won't overcome a single negative experience.
Okay, this isn't normal people. This is a comic of which Chloe is the lead. She's now going around with the intent of breaking up couples. Since when is intentionally doing such a thing considered "not being an awful person"?

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Bambikles wrote:Really, almost all characters look off in this page. The only picture I would deem on par with the general level of Ma3 and EC-verse is Chloe imagine spot as Lulu's Cinderella. In all og the others people look like dummies (litteraly) and somewhat off-putting. Maybe it's the mouth which are too big. Maybe it's the straightness of their poses which contradicts their supposed relaxed, laid-back, casual state-of-mind.
I'll keep finding Jason's Chloe off-putting and unattractive, completely because of the way her face is drawn. It's miles away from cute Chloe from Giz or Cassandra. So Jason's style, in my very personal opinion, has to improve, and he will. I found Eisu's work at the beginning of SOTR (most notably his guest strips) rather rough and angular, and not very appealing on the whole, but in the course of the comic it has become wonderfully smooth, supple and refined. I wish the same to Jason from the bottom of my heart (sincerity and benevolent mode).
Just because his work is different from Giz's and Cassandra's doesn't mean it's bad. And remember, he's been drawing for webcomic's for years.

He's also very punctual, which i appreciate.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Zippy wrote:
Mandy wrote:also, nothing is saying that most of the relationships won't overcome a single negative experience.
If that happens, she doesn't get the points.
I think that they're going to take a tally at the end of Valentine's Day. I doubt that they're going to track all relationships involved in the competition and make sure that they all remain broken up in the weeks/years following the competition.
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Mandy wrote:Eh, I'm not sure how many people would allow themselves to go into slavery for eternity (remember, succubi are immortal) to salvage some mortals' Valentine's Day... especially when another succubus could come along and ruin those couples' Valentine's day anyway.... also, nothing is saying that most of the relationships won't overcome a single negative experience.
Okay, this isn't normal people. This is a comic of which Chloe is the lead. She's now going around with the intent of breaking up couples. Since when is intentionally doing such a thing considered "not being an awful person"?
She's a comic character that we're supposed to empathize with. We don't want her to become enslaved, and she was unwillingly entered into this competition. Therefore, we're supposed to be understanding of that she has to abide by Hell's rules to avoid eternal torment via enslavement. She obviously wouldn't agree to break up the couples if she weren't under threat.

Also, as you've pointed out, these aren't "normal" people so we aren't supposed to be overly empathetic for random, one-shot couples.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Cortez wrote:
Bambikles wrote:Really, almost all characters look off in this page. The only picture I would deem on par with the general level of Ma3 and EC-verse is Chloe imagine spot as Lulu's Cinderella. In all og the others people look like dummies (litteraly) and somewhat off-putting. Maybe it's the mouth which are too big. Maybe it's the straightness of their poses which contradicts their supposed relaxed, laid-back, casual state-of-mind.
Just because his work is different from Giz's and Cassandra's doesn't mean it's bad. And remember, he's been drawing for webcomic's for years.

I don't think for him the issue is "the style itself"

he would be fine if he did it "Disney style" or Simpsons style, or even Ren and Stimpy style

he is talking about small inconsistencies, some drawing feel flat dimensionally and others he tries to give it a 3D depth, and needs in some small cases work on angles and size proportion

but I am very grateful he is not doing Benders style(Alley opp)
ImageImage

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Cortez wrote:Just because his work is different from Giz's and Cassandra's doesn't mean it's bad. And remember, he's been drawing for webcomic's for years.

Jason has been drawing comics for a long time, and he has grown for it. Bambikes was just stating that he still has a bit of growing to do. If you’ve read any of Giselle’s early works, you’d know that she’s come a long way. Even compared the early MA3 strips, she’s come leaps and bounds. Jason’s could similarly evolve with more time.

Punctuality has its cost. Jason is clearly capable of drawing quite well when he takes the time (based on how nice the Lu/Chloe thought bubble looks). He just needs to get better at drawing that well rapidly.

Quote fixed. The DAMNed

aeridus

Post by aeridus »

I see Chloe hasn't considered the "sex slave" possibility...

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Hey, that's right! Maybe it's because of the rating of DC.
wiseguy wrote:
Cortez wrote:Just because his work is different from Giz's and Cassandra's doesn't mean it's bad. And remember, he's been drawing for webcomic's for years.
I don't think for him the issue is "the style itself"
Indeed. Between Eisu, Cassandra, Shouri, Giz and Jason style, I'd without hesitation deem Eisu's the most different from the others. And I like Eisu's style since quite a few time by now, as I explained. And it's not only because I "got used" to it. He clearly has improved since the beginnings of SOTR.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Rating of DC? It's a comic about succubi. I'm sure if Dave and Jason had wanted to convey "sex slave," they could have done it without scaring off the advertisers. More likely, Chloe doesn't realize Lucretia is attracted to her.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Of course they're meant for different people! Look! All the couples are hetero! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Chloe. . .you're more oblivious than I am!

You really don't know what is in store for you if you lose!
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
yeah geeze, you'd almost think she was a demon from hell, or something.

:|
Yet still, I live...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Artemisia wrote:Chloe. . .you're more oblivious than I am!

You really don't know what is in store for you if you lose!
Well keep in mind that as a succubus she has had people fawning over her for so long it's what she expects in someone attracted to her. With Lucretia it's like one of those grade school crushes where they're mean so they can get their attention.
JoybuzzerX wrote:
She isn't willingly going along with this, but seeing as how Ilsa sent out her succubi to wreak havoc on romantic love I'm expecting the angels to make an appearance shortly and that could complicate things in a lot of amusing ways especially if Lucretia tries to make a move on Zacheriel. Charity won't be happy about that and neither will Pandora if she actually has a serious thing going on with him. Maybe that's why she's so secretive. It's bad enough that she's sleeping with the enemy, but she might actually be monogamous.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game."
;)