Eerie Cuties 24-12-14 The invasive entity

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Passing Through

Re: Eerie Cuties 24-12-14 The invasive entity

Post by Passing Through »

TJgalon wrote:Why are the tags showing Layla, for the queen personal, so odd on that choice?
Why wouldn't they show Layla? She is after all, the reincarnation of the ancient queen, they're the same person give or take a thousand years of memories.

In this specific case, I'll just point out that we can't actually see her face in this page and council against hastiness.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

taken aside the reader's belief in reincarnation or not

the tag of Lamia is for flashbacks of her in the past(3 of them so far), and they always put when we see the "body of Layla"as Layla and not Lamia even if Lamia has full control

but at the same time. when Nina took over Layla's body, the tag was always Nina even thought we saw Layla's body

so is kind of contradictory the use of tags

the fact that "Lamia" has to fight through the "Layla's aspects" shows that Layla is not simply Lamia reincarnated into the daughter of Maria and Eugene, but that the Essence of Lamia went partly into Nina and partly into Layla, and when Nina bit Layla, the 2 half essences was made whole, and started taking over Layla's personality so even if we accept reincarnation into the EC world, a true reincarnation would be an incorporation of the EXPERIENCES of Lamia and Layla into a new person, not the old personality diminishing the new one, and taking sole control, so I don't see it as a true reincarnation
ImageImage

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I don't usually pity anyone's self-loathing, but I will make an exception here.
:-?

dmra

Post by dmra »

Passing Through wrote:Why wouldn't they show Layla? She is after all, the reincarnation of the ancient queen, they're the same person give or take a thousand years of memories.

In this specific case, I'll just point out that we can't actually see her face in this page and council against hastiness.
If Layla and Lamia are one and the same person why do you think that the various aspects of Layla's personality were fighting Lamia's, why does one of them refer to the "invasive entity" and why is the inner Layla regressing as parts of her personality are absorbed? Those really don't sound to me like things which would be happening if they truly were one individual.

Quote fixed. The DAMNed

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Well the Layla tag is obvious really. All of these aspects are Layla, any time they appear merits a Layla tag for people looking up Layla in the strip at some later date. I would argue that they need a Lamia tag in addition to the Layla tag.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

dmra wrote:
Why wouldn't they show Layla? She is after all, the reincarnation of the ancient queen, they're the same person give or take a thousand years of memories.

If Layla and Lamia are one and the same person why do you think that the various aspects of Layla's personality were fighting Lamia's, why does one of them refer to the "invasive entity" and why is the inner Layla regressing as parts of her personality are absorbed? Those really don't sound to me like things which would be happening if they truly were one individual.
I see no reason to judge anything down here based on appearances, Nina and her lady friend are, in fact, invasive entities while 'inner Layla', if that's who she is, may have always looked like that for all we know.

Besides, getting a thousand years in the back of the neck is bound to lead to some changes... and some resistance to it, it's quite possible to be in two minds about something after all.
Geeno wrote:Well the Layla tag is obvious really. All of these aspects are Layla, any time they appear merits a Layla tag for people looking up Layla in the strip at some later date. I would argue that they need a Lamia tag in addition to the Layla tag.
The problem with that idea is that Courage and Self Loathing aren't getting the Layla tag, check the start of the chapter for example. Or the recruitment scene for another. But the Layla tag has been used for someone else...

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

or it might be that "entity Lamia" can't be seen as a "separate being" yet? Layla can't become Lamia until Lamia takes 100% control?

the Lamia tag has only being used in 3 flashbacks to the past

never when showing her having control of either Layla or Nina(kind of semi-control)
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

SUSPENSE!

Always the best reason for doing things! :))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Clayvman

Post by Clayvman »

If that's the case then we need Time with Tiffany...the series

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

I would read the f**k out of that.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

CFT

Post by CFT »

Me too! (obviously)

Idea: after EC/MC end, the creative team should make and post (at random intervals) standalone, one-page "Time with Tiffany" mini-stories, lol.
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED