Dangerously Chloe 18-12-14 Our wonderful Gabrielle

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Zippy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-12-14 Our wonderful Gabrielle

Post by Zippy »

knite wrote:Wanna bet she's an angel too?
She likes to pull humans' fingernails out too much for that, surely.
Gotoh wrote:Or, it just may be what she's told them, so she can move in with them. After alll, if Apollo Academy has an infiltration program, Artemis might have something similar. Staying with a willing family is cheaper than paying rent, or hotel lodgings, while living abroad.
One presumes you now DO accept this is MC-Gabrielle, zen? :p

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Did we ever determine the relative timelines of MC and DC?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Nope. The only link point until now has been Jacqui's appearance in Chloe chapter 3, which has generally been assumed to be pre-camping trip but we can't know until after she's back in MC. And there's a hard break between Chloe chapters 4 (French lesson) & 5 (Angels/Pandora debut) where enough time could have passed to cover the interminable current MC arc.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

I'm just trying to figure out if Gabby's appearance here would count as a spoiler, since she vanished from MC, ostensibly into a volcano, a long time ago.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Zippy wrote:
Gotoh wrote:Or, it just may be what she's told them, so she can move in with them. After alll, if Apollo Academy has an infiltration program, Artemis might have something similar. Staying with a willing family is cheaper than paying rent, or hotel lodgings, while living abroad.
One presumes you now DO accept this is MC-Gabrielle, zen? :p
Not quite yet. I'll need to see a bit more before I settle on that (it could still be a Cerise spawned double). I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if Gabby really is a foreign exchange student.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

I see no reason why Gabrielle couldn't be a foreign exchange student. That she clearly making Naomi jealous of her parents' attention only makes this situation more interesting.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

CFT

Post by CFT »

Naomi's parents: "Gabby is the perfect sadist daughter we always dreamed of. Why can't you be as good at torturing people, Naomi? Where did we go wrong (in raising you)?" 8-}

I love this update! =))
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

brasca

Post by brasca »

Tako wrote:Cue to Gabby trying to kill the "cryptid"...
Why would an angel be a cryptid? While the existence of angels seems to be heavily protected I would think the monster hunters would know enough about them to consider them friendly combatants even if they are not allies. That being said Gabrielle may know what Prudence is within minutes since normal humans cannot see angel wings. Gabrielle attends Artemis Academy so she may be one of those abnormal people who can. If that is the case she will keep it a secret since she would look crazy and there might be some vow of silence she and fellow students take regarding paranormal activity. However, that is still likely to pull her into the various plots and intrigues in this strip. She may even be arrogant enough to think she can take down a succubus.
Spidrift wrote:Pixietrix comics parents are inevitably dangerous idiots. I doubt this gets more complicated than that.
Very true and yet that does not make what Naomi's parents said any less bothersome unless they have the kind of relationship of good natured teasing.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Spidrift wrote:Pixietrix comics parents are inevitability dangerous idiots.
It's possible that the general public doesn't know what's really being taught at Artemis. So Naomi's parents might not be aware of what Gabby does, and she wouldn't have reason to tell them. So I fail to to see why people are assuming her parents are idiots, when they've been given a plausible explanation for her being there.

Plus, we've seen Rain forge documents, just as the CH principal pulled strings to get the Hellrunes into AA, which opens another possibility of how and why Gabby's there. If the administration at AA drew up papers for her, how would Naomi's parents know they were fake? Would they even have reason to question what they saw?

Tako

Post by Tako »

Gotoh wrote:
Spidrift wrote:Pixietrix comics parents are inevitability dangerous idiots.
It's possible that the general public doesn't know what's really being taught at Artemis. So Naomi's parents might not be aware of what Gabby does, and she wouldn't have reason to tell them. So I fail to to see why people are assuming her parents are idiots, when they've been given a plausible explanation for her being there.
The way they treat their true daughter is stupid and horrible. The exchange student will go away some day (one or two years in the future, depending on how old she is) back to her country and her true family, and the real daughter they have angered non-stop will stay there to despise them.

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Nahhh why would Naomi stay at home she going to join Teddy's Harem LOL! (j/k).
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Tako wrote:
Gotoh wrote:So I fail to to see why people are assuming her parents are idiots, when they've been given a plausible explanation for her being there.
The way they treat their true daughter is stupid and horrible. The exchange student will go away some day (one or two years in the future, depending on how old she is) back to her country and her true family, and the real daughter they have angered non-stop will stay there to despise them.
That's a big assumption to make from a single scene, when the chapter's just begun. Why is it that you believe the parents are necessarily at fault? Who's to say Naomi hasn't been an ideal daughter? Perhaps Gabby's well behaved and gives them the type of love and attention Naomi doesn't.

Not that I believe that, because it's still too early to tell. But, at the very least, I'm willing to give them the benefit of a doubt until we actually know what the situation is.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Gabby has what powers, now? Isn't it possible that she is mind-controlling Naomi's parents? Maybe she takes after Faith in just wanting to be loved...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

FuzzyFace wrote:Gabby has what powers, now? Isn't it possible that she is mind-controlling Naomi's parents?
Based on what? :-\

It's never been said that she has any sort of powers.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I was about to point out that we don't even know if this IS the Gabby from AA.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image