Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cassandra

Dangerously Chloe 15-12-14 Chapter 10 - All in the Family

Post by Cassandra »

Check out "Tove" by Severin Piehl http://tovecomic.com/

Zippy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-12-14 Chapter 10 - All in the Famil

Post by Zippy »

Well, I'm sure some people will be happy at this pair reappearing.

...wait, is this out of sequence/a flashback? This looks like the night of Chapter 7's date, but Chapter 8 was a new day (and given the change of clothes/etc, Chapter 9 probably another one).

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Is it just me or is that one of the dead chicks from Magick Chicks I spy before me? The torturess I think.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

You know, I dismissed it as a name reuse at first, but it *does* look like Mademoiselle Quackers, doesn't it? Is that why this chapter's out-of-sync? MC has carooned - and continues to caroon - way off schedule, so this was originally meant to be Chapter 8 and now they've given up on waiting for Shouri?

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

"Asposed?"

brasca

Post by brasca »

Passing Through wrote:Is it just me or is that one of the dead chicks from Magick Chicks I spy before me? The torturess I think.
Could be And I think I'm more excited at the implications of that than I am seeing these 2 again. Seeing as how the time this story takes place is difficult to connect with the timelines of the other plots in the Erie Cuties and Magic Chicks universe this could take place shortly before Cerise's coup or later. I don't consider it a spoiler if it's the latter since good always wins in these stories it's just a matter of how.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

Zippy wrote:You know, I dismissed it as a name reuse at first, but it *does* look like Mademoiselle Quackers, doesn't it? Is that why this chapter's out-of-sync? MC has carooned - and continues to caroon - way off schedule, so this was originally meant to be Chapter 8 and now they've given up on waiting for Shouri?
Hmmm, it does look the same, but then I wonder who she suposed to be, is she Naomi sister, or why the differnt schools, or such, lol.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Tako

Post by Tako »

Naomi isn't insane enough to be sent to Artemis, maybe?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

GABBY???? :-o

OH THE MYSTERY B-)

Seems Naomi doesn't like her much. :P

And Pru has a Kerr Provider! :D
Milnoc wrote:"Asposed?"
Pru talks like that...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

brasca wrote:
Passing Through wrote:Is it just me or is that one of the dead chicks from Magick Chicks I spy before me? The torturess I think.
Could be And I think I'm more excited at the implications of that than I am seeing these 2 again. Seeing as how the time this story takes place is difficult to connect with the timelines of the other plots in the Erie Cuties and Magic Chicks universe this could take place shortly before Cerise's coup or later. I don't consider it a spoiler if it's the latter since good always wins in these stories it's just a matter of how.
It has to be later at this point, surely? This strip appears to take place between Chapters 7 & 8, so it's been held back, and MC is currently running four months behind schedule. The obvious conclusion is that the volcanoed girls would have been back by now if MC & Chloe had been consistently posting two strips a week.

The alternative is that this is taking place synchronous with MC strips from *checks* before June last year. Which, if Gabrielle is intended to be a recurring character in this strip from here on in, would mean her disappearing for a big chunk of strips at some point.
TJgalon wrote:
Zippy wrote:You know, I dismissed it as a name reuse at first, but it *does* look like Mademoiselle Quackers, doesn't it? Is that why this chapter's out-of-sync? MC has carooned - and continues to caroon - way off schedule, so this was originally meant to be Chapter 8 and now they've given up on waiting for Shouri?
Hmmm, it does look the same, but then I wonder who she suposed to be, is she Naomi sister, or why the differnt schools, or such, lol.
Actually, one point - there was some speculation that Gabrielle's theeeck French accent was fake, since she dropped it under stress and under Tandy's truth-telling accupressure. And Naomi doesn't have anything of the sort...

Lady Radagu

Post by Lady Radagu »

Yay! Finally back to these two!

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Given her school, if she is Naomi's sister it brings up a lot of questions as to why Naomi is so dismissive of supernatural explanations for things.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Frankly, it brings up the same question whether she's her sister, cousin or sworn best frenemy.

That said, Gabrielle herself never showed any super-powers. And she was hanging around with Tandy and Amelia, who only showed themselves to be athletes, really (sure, Tandy's healing-jitsu is a thing, and Amy threw a volleyball at Jacqui with improbable force, but they're rationalisable in a way that the psionics and mages aren't...)

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Sweet, Naomi and Pru are back!

I'm not going to speculate if that is the Gabby we have seen before. I'll wait for the next update.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Cranium

Dangerously Chloe 15-12-14 Chapter 10 - All in the Family

Post by Cranium »

Gabrielle does not look well perhaps the whammy on the 6 took it toll. After all MC is like 4 months behind schedule and Dave writes stuff like 2-3 years ahead of schedule ... I be guessing that we find out more here then MC (sorta sad really)?
Last edited by Cranium on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body