Magick Chicks 11-11-14 I feel great

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Magick Chicks 11-11-14 I feel great

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:Cryptids are not supposed to be permitted at the Academy, but someone was able to get Mel's coven in(and that someone was influenced by Hekate? is a possible guess per the time that they gave her a report)
The CH principal said she pulled strings with a colleague at AA to get them in. It's assumed she might've been referring to AA's principal, but they haven't said yet.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

either the CH principle was "used" by Hekate as she had a pull with someone in AA, or the someone in AA has been influenced by Hekate, or both, most likely just CH principal or both, I can't see it as "just influence in AA"
ImageImage

Tython

Post by Tython »

Why would Hekate even care about the girls transfer to AA in the first place? Since all she cared about was that the coven in particular Mel stayed loyal followers hell she didn't really start getting active till after Mel not only was able to summon her on her own but was then shown the wand and that Mel wanted it

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

per the "3 girls reporting to her" than forgetting that

they were sent to the Academy "to spy" by the "principal"(Jacqui recognized the voice)

http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/report

the Academy(except the "principal friend" and Tiff ) does not or did not know about CH

and by what Jacqui said http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/s ... r_cryptids faculty heard rumors of a school of cryptids

it seems cryptids might not be meant for just "witches" but for werewolves, Vampires , succubi, grim reapers and others

and the "principal"(putting between quotes as it might be influenced by Hekate) told Jacqui that "witches have same cursed blood that all cryptids share, YOUR fate will be same as OURS" (essentially in a way separating witches from "other cryptids" but at same time calling them similar)

the "principal" did not know about wand and Mel did not mention she had it now

Hekate did not know about Mel having the wand until the "Cerise/Melissa" fight

about wand and Hekate

Hekate might not have known that "the wand" was inside Mel(or she might have known it was "hidden")
Faith "took it out" of Mel, and Tiff saw it and stole it
Mel thinks wand is something Faith wants, so she has to take it from Tiff
she tells Hekate about it http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/n ... n_a_little
Hekate finds out the existence of it and its significance so she goes out to destroy it before Mel(not faith) gets hold of it
Mel gets mad about what Hekate did, and decides to get it while Hekate goes out to destroy Faith and Tiff
Mel ends up with wand(Hekate thinks it was taken and hidden once more)
Hekate sees Mel has it most probably since the Mel/Cerise fight(2 words story)
needs to "corrupt Mel" and makes the dark drink, but Cerise takes it instead
Cerise ends up disappearing the stronger mind students(and unintentionally the underestimated Tiff) except for 3 who escape
we find true origin of Mel, and how wand might have ended inside her(Hekate might have known, or might have not)
and we get to current storyline
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:the Academy(except the "principal friend" and Tiff ) does not or did not know about CH.
I'm willing to bet they do, I even put together a theory about it awhile back (I'll see if I can find it).
wiseguy wrote:it seems cryptids might not be meant for just "witches" but for werewolves, Vampires , succubi, grim reapers and others
That goes without saying, considering they have a vampire slayer as one of their students. Tiff even made the distinction that the students at AA are monster hunters in training, not just witch hunters.
and the "principal"(putting between quotes as it might be influenced by Hekate)
You keep saying that, but there hasn't been anything that remotely suggests she's being controlled by anyone. Much less, Hecate.
wiseguy wrote:told Jacqui that "witches have same cursed blood that all cryptids share, YOUR fate will be same as OURS" (essentially in a way separating witches from "other cryptids" but at same time calling them similar)
Jacqui argued that there didn't seem to be much difference between them and human magic users. The CH principal's point was, it didn't matter. Regardless of any similarities they have with humans, the fact is, the Hellrunes are still cryptids. Therefore, they'd be in the same boat as the rest of them if AA ever actually found out about CH.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

not arguing that most of the HC are true cryptid or AKA as "non-humans" or "mixed", we talking cats, werewolves, succubi with horns and tail, vampires, girl that hair goes on fire, snake lady, medusas and such

witches are not shown to be non-human, (and how did CH get to the CH?)they are shown to be humans that deal with dark powers of spell, while the "magical powers"(also spells) people of the academy supposed to be all humans that deal with light powers, and the others have mind powers, knack for physical skills and so on

but is stupid to say Cryptids have to be "bad" or that anyone in AA has to be "good"

wonder where the "light powers creatures" are going school wise(Faeries, Angels, Centaurs, Elves, etc) or would they be viewed the same as those going to the CH?

BY the way, "cursed blood" is not necessarily genetics, someone has to be "the alpha" who did not have any ascendants with same powers as him or her, and dealt himself or herself into the dark powers(a person bitten by a werewolf and becoming one, a person bitten by a vampire and becoming one, a person deciding to study and start experimenting with spells) and through that, cursing their blood

for example............ because of the transfusion that Chloe gave Ted, than later on Abby and Ted given the "Energy drink" before their assigned time, both are in the road to becoming alphas of some kind

actually it already started right off the bat, as even before the transfusion, Ted was able to see Prudence's wings
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:witches are not shown to be non-human
The cast page makes a clear distinction: the Hellrunes' species is listed as "witch" while Tiffany's is shown as "human". So apparently, there's a difference.
wiseguy wrote:people of the academy supposed to be all humans
Which is why the CH principal had to make arrangements for them to get in. Layla could probably pass for a AA student, were it not for the risk of being exposed to sunlight, since AA doesn't have a protective field like CH does.
wiseguy wrote:but is stupid to say Cryptids have to be "bad" or that anyone in AA has to be "good"
The comic isn't suggesting that. We've seen that cryptids such as the Delacroix Family, Ace, and Brooke, can be generally well meaning, and can intergrate with the rest of society without arousing suspicion. But as far as the students at AA are aware, and from what they're being taught, cryptids are inherently evil and must be put down to protect the rest of humanity.

Their intentions are good, but so are some of the people they're being trained to hunt. Which is what Tiff was beginning to see through her interactions with Layla and, now Mel. She even came their defense when the student council had been about to kill Mel and Jacqui. Also note that when Sandi asked if they should behead them, Faith said they should take them back to AA to have them tested first to be certain whether Cerise was telling the truth, then decide what to do with them.

Neither side is being presented as morally superior to the other, both have shown the potential for good and evil.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

same token you can see lot of others in cast listed as "human?"

and the MC cast makes sure to put "Esper" for some of the initial cast(lot of the comics need cast updated, or actually put in there already, as they still have it missing)

we can agree to disagree

you want to see witch as a different species from humans, I see them as Humans who decided to deal with black magic
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:you want to see witch as a different species from humans, I see them as Humans who decided to deal with black magic
If that were the case, Jacqui wouldn't have said there was a difference, she would've said they were human too. But the cast page and the comic itself has told us they're not.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

until he was older, and taught himself to read and saw the fact in the books

Tarzan saw himself as an ape

and ones of the KKK sees other races as different and inferior than themselves

and at the same time I see myself different than Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay, Michael Phelps, Ian Thorpe, Jerry Rice, I can't see myself as equal to them(maybe able to close the gap, to make it for example in case of Bolt, 9.7 in the 100 meters dash, and myself improving from 16 seconds to MAYBE 13 or even 12, but not better than that if I had worked at it)
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:until he was older, and taught himself to read and saw the fact in the books

Tarzan saw himself as an ape
Which has nothing to do with Jacqui and is in no way similar. More importantly, we have more than her say-so on the matter. The MC cast page itself makes the distinction between her and the AA students, whereas Jacqui is a "witch" though she's posing as a Magick Cadet.

Plus, the CH principal and Hecate have both said the Hellrunes have the same cursed blood as all cryptids do. That's four different sources from the comic telling us they're not human. Just as Layla, Brooke, and Ace aren't human even though they can (and have) easily pass themselves off as such.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

for me that is the DIFFERENCE

vampires have fangs in their natural state but can "look human"
werewolves after maturing(before their hands and feet are hairy) can look human but in natural state are wolves or in between
the fire ifrit Laura "looks human" but in her natural state has her hair in fire
Brooke looks human but in her natural state looks like a snake
Chloe and Tia can "look human" but in natural state have tail and horns
Arman looks human, but has "the Arm" as part of him
Miki looks human unless one looks the back of her head
witches natural state is human, there is no distinctive thing that can be observed that would put them as different than an human, just the fact that they decided to use dark spells,
and there has no been any indication that Anastassia was a witch through any of her parents, just that she decided to use dark spells http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/i ... _it_unfair to try to get her classmates to the shadow kingdom but ended up sending herself there, the shadow king was a wizard, and saw that Anastassia knew magic, and taught her what he knew, and she killed him and took over the shadow kingdom

and we know that Dakota was a normal girl before she got the wand http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/normal_girl with Latent Affinity to magic

putting Mel's moms because she is the only witch we have a deeper look of who her parents are, but not much shown about Cerise and Jacqui's parent units

and as I stated before

someone has to become an Alpha

we know of these 3

Werewolf bites human, humans becomes alpha of a new line of werewolves
vampire bites human, humans becomes alpha of a new line of vampires
human deals with dark magic, becomes alpha of a new line of wizards and witches

we don't know if some of the other cryptids start with an human alpha.......... maybe a wizard makes an human into a snake or something, and from there the cryptid line starts, or they make an animal into humanoid form, or was born of the coupling(or maybe merging) of an human and animal

and if it is possible for a regular human to become a succubus
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:for me that is the DIFFERENCE

witches natural state is human, there is no distinctive thing that can be observed that would put them as different than an human,
They have cursed blood. We've been told this at least twice: once by the CH principal and Hecate respectively. It isn't something that can be seen, but we know they have it.
wiseguy wrote:and there has no been any indication that Anastassia was a witch through any of her parents, just that she decided to use dark spells
I doubt dark spells would've allowed her to survive being run through by a magic sword which was specifically meant to kill her; much less, survive having half her face blown off at point-blank range by magitech pistols. Then rapidly heal herself as if nothing had happened.

Whereas Cerise was amped up by Hecate's dark essence and still almost died from a normal sword wound. Ana clearly isn't human, and neither are the Hellrunes - except Mel, who may be half human.
wiseguy wrote:and we know that Dakota was a normal girl before she got the wand http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/normal_girl with Latent Affinity to magic
Which makes her more like the Magick Cadets at AA, which isn't the case for the Hellrunes.
wiseguy wrote:and as I stated before, someone has to become an Alpha

vampire bites human, humans becomes alpha of a new line of vampires
EC vampires are born, not made. The kind you're referring to would be like the ones from 'Vampire Cheerleaders'.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Anastassia got powers trough her stay at the shadow kingdom, otherwise you making a case that Cerise CAN NEVER be as strong as Melissa, and since you not showing any indications that Anastassia has witches "genes" (you trying to make her blood stronger than Cerise's witch blood) thus even more showing that even if we go by your premise(Jacqui and Cerise are cryptids by blood) Melissa does not have it(she is not a witch than)
your premise(that makes Mel NOT A WITCH) might end up showing up by the writers that the guy that stood up to Chloe and Anastassia are related(maybe he is is Ana's nephew, and thus Mel's cousin? as he was able to stand a Succubus)

the family of Layla have been born, but nothing has indicated how an Alpha vampire would start........... and Tiff believed at one time that she could have transformed into a vampire, so the becoming an alpha is AT LEAST a theory in this world(EC-DC-MC)

BTW, the principal of MC has a doll at her office, similar to the ones that "woke up" the Mel's Coven girls, so the principal has to report to the EC Principal(who might be truly on charge, or reporting to someone else, has not been established yet) http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/on_my_desk

BTW

Layla's mom (Maria Delacroix)is part of Vampire cheerleaders, and in there, Heather Hartley was converted into a vampire
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:Anastassia got powers trough her stay at the shadow kingdom, otherwise you making a case that Cerise CAN NEVER be as strong as Melissa
Not sure how you got that from my post, since I thought we were talking about whether the Hellrunes are humans, or cryptids. :-\

Though the comic already made it clear that Cerise would never be as powerful as Mel, given she could've handled Hecate's droplet, whereas Cerise nearly died trying. Which is why she had to jettison a substantial portion of it in order to save herself.
wiseguy wrote:and since you not showing any indications that Anastassia has witches "genes" (you trying to make her blood stronger than Cerise's witch blood) thus even more showing that even if we go by your premise(Jacqui and Cerise are cryptids by blood) Melissa does not have it(she is not a witch than)
your premise(that makes Mel NOT A WITCH)
We have no idea what Ana is, except not human. At least, not anymore (assuming she ever was to begin with). My point was, magic wouldn't allow someone to survive those types of injuries. Yet, we saw Ana shrug those injuries off as if they were nothing.

Had it been any of the Hellrunes in her place, do you honestly think their magic would've enabled them to survive either of those attacks? 'cuz I seriously doubt it.
wiseguy wrote:the family of Layla have been born, but Tiff believed at one time that she could have transformed into a vampire, so the becoming an alpha is AT LEAST a theory in this world(EC-DC-MC)
Do you know how many times Tiffany's been wrong? She was even wrong in the comic you're referring to, 'cuz she checked her reflection in a cross-shaped mirror, got squirted by holy water, and was walking around in broad daylight, and still thought she'd been turned into a vampire. Just sayin'.
wiseguy wrote:BTW

Layla's mom (Maria Delacroix)is part of Vampire cheerleaders, and in there, Heather Hartley was converted into a vampire
I'm aware, 'cuz I've read it.

The VC vamps and EC's aren't the same species. Which is why Maria had to consult one of her tomes about Lori's vampire species. If they were the same, she simply could've told Steph what she needed to know.