Magick Chicks 04-11-14 Now I can beat her

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Motorcycle

Re: Magick Chicks 04-11-14 Now I can beat her

Post by Motorcycle »

Well I guess I could Shouri...but I need a few more drinks & the right music playing... :p
It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying; sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

if we end up having both Mel(light and blonde) and Lissa(dark and black hair)

like father and mother................. or is that like mother and mother?
ImageImage

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Has Cersie just accidentally brought about the Melpocalypse?
Yet still, I live...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Cranium wrote:Back when I made my Pure Speculation I did speculate that the dark energy could split Melissa into Dark and Light Versions of herself ... wonder if that is what happening? Perhaps next installment we being seeing the "Blonde Melissa" as well?
That's not what's happening, i think this is just what powered by evil Mel looks like. After all, this power was meant for her.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

So now it's Spy vs. Spy, except that both are the black one...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Pretty much as-expected - Cerise dumping her WHOLE share of Dark Power into Melissa was never likely to be a great idea, since per-Hekate, she was if anything more au-fait with it than Cerise, and the only way it could have helped would have been such a precisely calibrated amount that it trapped Mel between one powerset and another.

So now, we have Dark Mel freed from her inhibitions, if anything (still) more powerful than Cerise, and royally, royally P.O.ed at the latter for the whole "kill Jacqui and try to kill me" thing.

Cerise better hope a "Light Mel" is standing off-camera (that last panel is a VERY awkward composition unless we either have Giant Dark Mel or a reveal hiding to one side). Or that Hekate decides enough is enough and stops the fight now she has what she wanted all along.
Cranium wrote:So Guess Melissa has always been a bleached blonde. Think I remember some past installment of either EC or MC some other cast member referring to Melissa as bleached blonde.
If she is, she's been bleaching for a LONG time, since pre-teen Mel was shown as blonde in Dangerously Chloe. I think Dark Power Black Hair is distinct from real-black hair, even if Cerise's hair is genuinely black under the "red dye job".

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

I straight up do not understand Cerise's plan. It just doesn't make sense...giving her a portion of the dark power meant for her WOULD purge her of the Wand like Hecate said ti would.

But.

Now she has a portion of the ultimate dark power and you have the SAME AMOUNT (Cerise saying she is now back at full power implies that each amount was the exact same) of dark power. But ISN'T THE WHOLE ISSUE THAT MELISSA WAS ALWAYS STRONGER THAN YOU!?!! Because UNlike you Melissa could have taken THE ENTIRE BOTTLE?!!!!!! This doesn't put you on a higher level or even an equal level!

If someone else understands Cerise's plan please fill me in I am actually pretty frustrated.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Oh Cerise...you never were the brains of the operation.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

aeridus

Post by aeridus »

I suspect her mixed parental heritage is resulting in a special hybrid - Red Mage. :D

Tako

Post by Tako »

Zippy wrote:Pretty much as-expected - Cerise dumping her WHOLE share of Dark Power into Melissa was never likely to be a great idea, since per-Hekate, she was if anything more au-fait with it than Cerise, and the only way it could have helped would have been such a precisely calibrated amount that it trapped Mel between one powerset and another.

So now, we have Dark Mel freed from her inhibitions, if anything (still) more powerful than Cerise, and royally, royally P.O.ed at the latter for the whole "kill Jacqui and try to kill me" thing.

Cerise better hope a "Light Mel" is standing off-camera (that last panel is a VERY awkward composition unless we either have Giant Dark Mel or a reveal hiding to one side). Or that Hekate decides enough is enough and stops the fight now she has what she wanted all along.
Cranium wrote:So Guess Melissa has always been a bleached blonde. Think I remember some past installment of either EC or MC some other cast member referring to Melissa as bleached blonde.
If she is, she's been bleaching for a LONG time, since pre-teen Mel was shown as blonde in Dangerously Chloe. I think Dark Power Black Hair is distinct from real-black hair, even if Cerise's hair is genuinely black under the "red dye job".
TwoWayStar wrote:I straight up do not understand Cerise's plan. It just doesn't make sense...giving her a portion of the dark power meant for her WOULD purge her of the Wand like Hecate said ti would.

But.

Now she has a portion of the ultimate dark power and you have the SAME AMOUNT (Cerise saying she is now back at full power implies that each amount was the exact same) of dark power. But ISN'T THE WHOLE ISSUE THAT MELISSA WAS ALWAYS STRONGER THAN YOU!?!! Because UNlike you Melissa could have taken THE ENTIRE BOTTLE?!!!!!! This doesn't put you on a higher level or even an equal level!

If someone else understands Cerise's plan please fill me in I am actually pretty frustrated.
Also: DarkCerise was immune against the Wand's power...but as far as we know, not against DarkMel's power. She has made Mel more powerful AND made herself vulnerable to her power.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Full strength? I don't see the black claws she used to have, which I take as indicating that she has less of the dark energy than before. I think it's yet another case of Cerise's self-deception.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Now it looks like Melissa's origin might just be option number 3. http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/super-fetus

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

The overall story of Magic Chicks isn't my cup of tea but I really like Shouri's art style. Same with Fragile: I'm not really interested in the story but I really like the art style so compliments to the artist.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

brasca wrote:Now it looks like Melissa's origin might just be option number 3. http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/super-fetus
when they present various possibilities................ always go with the last one given(option 4)

option 3 would be laughable if the "dark Mel" is the right Mel but this broke the Mel we know into "dark Mel" and "light Mel" that is a MALE!!!
ImageImage

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Tako wrote:
Zippy wrote:Pretty much as-expected - Cerise dumping her WHOLE share of Dark Power into Melissa was never likely to be a great idea, since per-Hekate, she was if anything more au-fait with it than Cerise, and the only way it could have helped would have been such a precisely calibrated amount that it trapped Mel between one powerset and another.

Also: DarkCerise was immune against the Wand's power...but as far as we know, not against DarkMel's power. She has made Mel more powerful AND made herself vulnerable to her power.
Not exactly - she was only immune to the puppies'n'rainbows Friendship Blast from the wand, which the Dark Power can't do anyway. Mel still used the wand to bubble Cerise up and chuck her away when she first Pinked Out, for instance.
FuzzyFace wrote:Full strength? I don't see the black claws she used to have, which I take as indicating that she has less of the dark energy than before. I think it's yet another case of Cerise's self-deception.
I don't think that's such an indication - she wasn't always shown with black claws or black scleras even after taking in the Dark Power. She woke up after Skye took some of it off her in #234 with neither, black eyes first showed in #263 when she was speaking through Faith's subconscious and had disappeared in #275; black claws first showed in #317 after Shouri had taken over the art.

[Not saying she ISN'T less powerful than before, just that it isn't a meaningful thing by itself.]

Note: Originally posted a couple of hours ago. Reposted to bump this current thread over the necrothread spam.