Dangerously Chloe 03-11-14 Our job description

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Tako

Re: Dangerously Chloe 03-11-14 Our job description

Post by Tako »

Thaks God, it seems Abby has realized already that a pair of succubi aren't the best source of knowledge about normal HUMAN sexuality.
Varanus wrote:
wiseguy wrote:I think aroused is getting the subject into a "trance" but to actually do it, as we almost saw with the last chapter and poor Ted, they die after they feed the life out of him
Except Chloe hasn't ever taken off more than her top to feed as far as we know, and it was convincingly argued to me that her two succubized minions during the Doompanties arc didn't have sex with Ash yet were thoroughly stuffed.

Further the "feeding class" never mentioned sex, just using kisses and his own arousal to get the man ready.

I just haven't seen any indication that Eerie-verse succubi need to actually have sex to feed on male energy. Heck we saw Chloe drain a bunch of guys simply to defend herself. We also saw her say she was outright "eating" when she was kissing rat boy.

I loved what was done with today's episode of the comic, it just seems jarringly inconsistent with how succubi have been presented so far in the series. At most they seemed to really like sex rather than actually needing it to not starve to death.
Could it be that succubi don't even understand what "sex" means to humans? It could be that to succubi "sex" means "getting men aroused and sucking their lifeforce", regardless of how far they go while doing it?

It could be funny if most succubi were virgins because they sucked their victims dry before performing real sex.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Tako wrote:Could it be that succubi don't even understand what "sex" means to humans? It could be that to succubi "sex" means "getting men aroused and sucking their lifeforce", regardless of how far they go while doing it?
Yeah, I think there may be differing definitions of "sex" at play. Abby is thinking of full-on penetrative sex, the succubi are thinking of Any Sexy Stuff. I'm pretty sure that the Just Say No full-abstinence "angel talk" would frown on what Chloe was doing with the quarterback even before she got Visible Wings & Horns and started feeding. Plus, Chloe was pretty damn ignorant during the Doompanties arc, after all, implying that Adora never really had The Talk with her beforehand, so growing up out of hell may not have prepared her for human sexuality.
Tako wrote:It could be funny if most succubi were virgins because they suck their victims dry before performing real sex.
Well, the strong implication has been that full sex results in a near-100% mortality rate for the guy in a human/succubus pair (maybe someone like Ash could survive it, but he was clearly marked as an aberration in surviving even a passive draining without serious ill-effects).

But if they are "meant" to kill them - like Chloe on her first morning with Teddy - or simply don't care/have mastered Chapter 8, like Pandora when she (disguised as Chloe) shoved Teddy down on the bed on their first meeting...

Tako

Post by Tako »

Chloe killed Teddy without even removing their pants. I don't think she could have penetrative sex at all without killing (better scratch that; I don't think she could have any kind of sex, penetrative, oral, manual or of any other kind, without killing). I think it would take a lot of self-control and training for a succubus to have sex without killing their partner, and why would they bother? Humans are food to them, and as Chloe showed us, their instinct to feed beats their instinct to mate.

If Chloe and Teddy hadn't been interrupted at the museum, Chloe would probably have killed him before having real sex, just like it happened in the previous chapter.

They probably only have sex as we know it when doing it with each other or with an incubus.
Last edited by Tako on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

arthurnonimus

Post by arthurnonimus »

Head meet brick wall. Abby's for two fine teachers there 8-|
Seriously!! ... wait, what are we talking about?

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

LOL Abby's facial expression is priceless in panel 4!
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

vampire hunter D wrote:Life is full of tough decisions. Like, should I facepalm, or headdesk
Facepalm, Headdesk would only be needed if it looked like Abby bought into what they are saying. By the look of her in the last panel I think she is not.

This is worse than I expected but still is cracking me up. :))
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Tako wrote:Chloe killed Teddy without even removing their pants. I don't think she could have penetrative sex at all without killing (better scratch that; I don't think she could have any kind of sex, penetrative, oral, manual or of any other kind, without killing). I think it would take a lot of self-control and training for a succubus to have sex without killing their partner, and why would they bother? Humans are food to them, and as Chloe showed us, their instinct to feed beats their instinct to mate.

If Chloe and Teddy hadn't been interrupted at the museum, Chloe would probably have killed him before having real sex, just like it happened in the previous chapter.

They probably only have sex as we know it when doing it with each other or with an incubus.
I don't know about that, Chloe seemed to be thinking "real sex" when she tried to take Teddy in his room after getting him out of the museum and said he would die shortly after they "did it." Further context implies real sex when she tries to see if having a quickie with another girl would free him of the contract, and notes to herself that that kind of impersonal sex was what she had intended to have with Teddy when they first met.

So yeah, it seems like it isn't that hard for a succubus to have sex with a human, the human surviving once it ends may be the only hard part (and that depends on just how much control succubi have over their feeding urges).

And whatever happened when she "killed" him wasn't normal. Chloe basically said she couldn't control herself and found it strange that she lost control, that it shouldn't have happened the way it did etc.

<><><>

Heck recall how Chloe said the kissing lesson was "basic stuff." Frankly I'd be exceptionally surprised if the eeries verse succubi lump all amorous interactions under the term "sex."

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

vampire hunter D wrote:Life is full of tough decisions. Like, should I facepalm, or headdesk
Couldn't have said it better. I'll put in a vote for headdesk, though. *headdesk*
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

OK, my prediction for the ongoing discussion is that while Abby is certainly interested in romancing boys, she'll turn out to be conservative sexually, driving our succubabes up the wall! 8-}
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

You know, maybe she shouldn't be talking to two succubi about sex after all....

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Tako wrote:Chloe killed Teddy without even removing their pants. I don't think she could have penetrative sex at all without killing (better scratch that; I don't think she could have any kind of sex, penetrative, oral, manual or of any other kind, without killing).
I think that's pushing it, especially in the "manual" department. While C-verse succubi don't follow the legend particularly closely, the whole thing about legendary succubi was obtaining men's sperm. Joining the dots, I'm pretty sure that's where the instant-lethality comes in about sex - when the succubus... how to put this... takes in the sperm through the proper orifice, that is the absolute optimal method of taking in 100% of the life energy of all but the men with the most energetic auras, and as such the actual auto-lethal part.

Any other form of sex is... they can drain their energy (they don't even need any form of sex for the most basic level of feeding, after all - DP-Chloe got energised just from a mixed-sex crowd chanting her name!), but it's the difference between eating a bowl of soup with a spoon and trying to eat the same amount of soup from a bowl glued to the table with both hands tied behind your back. Despite everything below, even Teddy wasn't 100% drained by Chloe during their "kissing lesson" - if she hadn't left some energy behind, Pandy wouldn't have been able to boot up his stat-screen.
Tako wrote:I think it would take a lot of self-control and training for a succubus to have sex without killing their partner, and why would they bother? Humans are food to them, and as Chloe showed us, their instinct to feed beats their instinct to mate.
Well, they went out of their way to have Chloe say that Teddy, for some reason - be it to do with the contract (the contract-tattoos on her hands flashed bright, but that might have been "effect" rather than "cause") or her developing actual feelings for him - was much, much "yummier...than he should be", which Pandora (who must have been snacking on him off-panel!) disagreed with. IOW, that was not to be taken as any sort of example.

Hell, Chloe DID go further than that with the quarterback before succubing out, and kept herself MUCH more under control in the process. (She wasn't trying for a complete drain, quite the opposite - she was doing as she was taught, which was to let them walk away rather than do something which would generate enough suspicion to alert angels or mortal police to her nature - and so an earlier, lesser peak in his aura would do, rather than a full-orgasm-peak while in the position for maximum drainage...).
Varanus wrote:I don't know about that, Chloe seemed to be thinking "real sex" when she tried to take Teddy in his room after getting him out of the museum and said he would die shortly after they "did it." Further context implies real sex when she tries to see if having a quickie with another girl would free him of the contract, and notes to herself that that kind of impersonal sex was what she had intended to have with Teddy when they first met.
Exactly.
Varanus wrote:Heck recall how Chloe said the kissing lesson was "basic stuff." Frankly I'd be exceptionally surprised if the eeries verse succubi lump all amorous interactions under the term "sex."
To them, sex and related matters is (virtually) the entire curriculum (first-year-at-high-school physics is basic stuff, but it's still physics and all that). And bear in mind, we're not looking at their interpretation of sex here, we're looking at their interpretation of Abby's interpretation of sex - which, as this strip also makes clear, is not exactly accurate...
Last edited by Zippy on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Zafnak wrote:You know, maybe she shouldn't be talking to two succubi about sex after all....
Yup. She should ask the underaged (and probably asexual) angel...no, better ask the genderswapping anthropomorphic personification of death...no, the nymphomaniac (and probably dead) witch...

...Abby is screwed, isn't she? :(
Last edited by Tako on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

She needs to talk to Brooke.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tako

Post by Tako »

Bad Artemisia! Bad! *sprays her with a squirt bottle of water* Let the little girl to choose her team in peace!

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I WAS thinking that, since Brooke is 1) bisexual and 2) sane, she would be the best to talk to.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"