Magick Chicks 28-10-14 What did you do

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Magick Chicks 28-10-14 What did you do

Post by Artemisia »

And, once again, Gotoh, you manage to be just a tad to the side of the point.

1) I'm hoping that this experience will make them better people or
2) I hope that they find other girlfriends.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Better people ? You have hope ! O:-)
I largely prefer the "other GFs" option... Though I'm not sure to believe that Cerise deserves any BF, GF, SF, or even OF. :p

CFT

Post by CFT »

I'm certain the Cerise is not "going back" to boys (she was never there to begin with, but she hadn't realized it yet). Skye is more "open-ended" though.
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

It's just kind of frustrating to have characters "go through a phase" or "experiment" with preferring girls and then go right back to boys. It's alright if they're bisexual and go between the sexes, but still. . .

Bambikles, I always hope for the redemption of a villain unless they really are complete psychopaths. I don't think Cerise is a psychopath, though.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

The way she (Cerise) has been with Callie and Sky I would think that she would have realized by now that Girls should be her only option. Cerise didn't have much luck with boys and if I understand it right has never had sex with one. Sky might have been the first person she has been with in that regard. Assuming that Cerise will be around after her battle with Mel, I don't see her giving up on women.

I think with Sky it was always an interest in girls. Cerise is probably not a good fit for her, but that doesn't mean that she needs to give up on girls. Good or bad, sky was interested in girls, so I don't see that changing anytime soon.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

If I had to take a stab in the dark at a prediction it's that Cerise unloading her power only almost works because Skye still had a portion of it. What I presume would be a smaller portion of it. So even if she were to take back Skye's fragment it wouldn't be as strong and once Melissa shakes off the larger part all Cerise has done is weaken herself.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

FlashD81 wrote:I would think that she would have realized by now that Girls should be her only option. Cerise didn't have much luck with boys and if I understand it right has never had sex with one.
Cerise is only 15 and has only dated two guys, who both turned out to be gay. That's hardly enough of a basis to say she should give up on guys altogether, 'cuz she's only had two girlfriends to. And she tried to kill one of 'em.

So if two is all it takes, then Cersise should take a vow of celibacy (since she hasn't slept with anyone yet, though not for a lack of trying), 'cuz she hasn't had a real relationship with either sex yet.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Pretty sure her and DarkSkye have Got It On.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Zippy: Based on what? 'cuz if you're referring to Rain's comment about "bringing Cerise to her knees", he said he was improvising. Which doesn't tell us much of anything as far as whether Cerise and Skye have ever slept together.

If I had to guess, I'd say Rain made that comment based on what he thinks they might've done. Just because Cerise got worked up over it, doesn't mean she and Skye have actually gone that far in their relationship. It could just as easily be attributed to embarrassment at what "Skye" was insinuating, which isn't uncommon in anime and manga.

For example, if you've ever seen 'Ranma ½', Akane Tendo gets just as flustered at the mere thought of kissing; let alone, anything to do with actual sex. And, in 'Tenchi Muyo!', Ryoko once implied that Ayeka wanted Tenchi to make love to her and Ayeka reacted the same way.

As far as what the comic itself has told us, Cerise's v-card still hasn't been punched yet.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Gotoh wrote:@Zippy: Based on what? 'cuz if you're referring to Rain's comment about "bringing Cerise to her knees", he said he was improvising. Which doesn't tell us much of anything as far as whether Cerise and Skye have ever slept together.
But Cerise's reaction DOES. What else could her "private happy fun time" line mean, without some very strained reading? And hell, remember the first thing she did when she woke up after the whole Dark Power Transference thing that had Hekate shielding her eyes?

[Also, why are you still convinced Random Ninja Girl was Rain? When Rain untied Skye shortly afterward, he had different hair - longer and with the big central fringe-thing; and would have had to pull a very quick change from Hekate black to Artemis brown to no benefit. Looks like fake-Skye was just an extra...]

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Gotoh wrote:
Zippy wrote:But Cerise's reaction DOES. What else could her "private happy fun time" line mean, without some very strained reading?
Just because Cerise got worked up over it, doesn't mean she and Skye have actually gone that far in their relationship. It could just as easily be attributed to embarrassment at what "Skye" was insinuating, which isn't uncommon in anime and manga.

For example, if you've ever seen 'Ranma ½', Akane Tendo gets just as flustered at the mere thought of kissing; let alone, anything to do with actual sex.
Zippy wrote:And hell, remember the first thing she did when she woke up after the whole Dark Power Transference thing that had Hekate shielding her eyes?
Hecate was facepalming, not shielding her eyes. All we saw in that scene, was Cerise and Skye making out.

It'd be different had we seen something like this (especially the 1st panel). Or this.
Zippy wrote:Also, why are you still convinced Random Ninja Girl was Rain?
Because who else would refer to Rain as being "Skye's ex", when he and Skye were never officially an item? Which gave him motive to help the Ninja Club against Cerise, and we know he can alter his physical shape to mimic a girl's.