Magick Chicks 24-10-14 The real witch

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Storm-forge mystique

Re: Magick Chicks 24-10-14 The real witch

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Ava's just going to live in Mel's hair when this is over, isn't she? Like a talkier version of the skullpin...

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

Guess which wicked swiss witch bitch switched which swiss watch Swatch swich? Now say it out loud and quickly!

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:@Sk'thloq: Looks like it. If she is, my guess is she intends to force the dark essence directly into Mel's body through the wound, in hopes of weakening the wand's influence on Mel, the way it was originally intended. If it works, it should give Cerise the upperhand. At least, theoretically.
Actually, the opposite is more likely to happen. Her powers will likely leave her for Mel, as was intended.

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

'J' wrote:jacqui'd be proud. if she weren't, ya know, dead. (possibly)
Well guess that is proof in the pudding the witches cross study magic ... that sure looked like illusion instead of summoning.
Melissa with her free hand should eye gouge Cerise Eyes.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Well, if Cerise is going to do things like smash Melissa's hat down on her head, and sneak up behind her, then I would say eye pokes are fair game. :p
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Cranium wrote:
'J' wrote:jacqui'd be proud. if she weren't, ya know, dead. (possibly)
Well guess that is proof in the pudding the witches cross study magic ... that sure looked like illusion instead of summoning.
Melissa with her free hand should eye gouge Cerise Eyes.
I'd say that most witches probably specialize in a specific form of magic, but in the end, they also do some cross study.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tako

Post by Tako »

Gotoh wrote:@Sk'thloq: Looks like it. If she is, my guess is she intends to force the dark essence directly into Mel's body through the wound, in hopes of weakening the wand's influence on Mel, the way it was originally intended. If it works, it should give Cerise the upperhand. At least, theoretically.
Mel already has dark power inside her, that she inherited from her evil mom. The problem is, the "good" power she inherited from Dakota balance it, so she's mostly neutral, and eligible for the wand.

I don't think a bit more of Dark Power will make a difference; Cerise would need to inject a helluva lot of black magic inside Mel in order to tip the balance enough for the wand to reject her...something like all the Dark Power inside Skye, maybe? :-?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I suggested that last thread, but if it went wrong (i.e., if only a portion - the third or whatever it was that Cerise dumped into Skye - wasn't enough to make the Spirit of the Wand reject Mel), it would make Mel *more* powerful. Is Cerise willing to risk that?

*predicts that Mel Does Kung-Fu first panel of next strip*

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Tako wrote:Mel already has dark power inside her, that she inherited from her evil mom. The problem is, the "good" power she inherited from Dakota balance it, so she's mostly neutral, and eligible for the wand.
According to Hecate, Mel was neutral until her latent half awakened (3rd panel, here). At that point, she went from being neutral, to mostly sorta good. Which is why Hecate wanted to tip the balance of Mel's blood back in her favor, by ridding her of the wand's influence entirely.
Tako wrote:I don't think a bit more of Dark Power will make a difference; Cerise would need to inject a helluva lot of black magic inside Mel in order to tip the balance enough for the wand to reject her...something like all the Dark Power inside Skye, maybe? :-?
While I agree that that sounds like something Cerise would do, I just don't see it happening. Skye is the only real ally she has and, while she's far from being the most loving girlfriend, Cerise does seem to care about her in a twisted domestic abuser sort of way.

If she sacrifices Skye's power, she not only risks losing Skye as she knows her now, but the amount of dark essence inside her may not be enough to make the wand reject Mel either. Not mention, it could further empower Mel. So Cerise would be taking a helluva a risk for the sake of preserving her own power.

That's why I'm thinking she's gonna try to inject her just enough of her own, then recoup what she needs from Skye. After all, Hecate basically referred to her as a spare battery.

FragileMara

Post by FragileMara »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Varanus wrote:Cerise pulled a Naruto! :D
This was exactly my first thought as well! :)
Meanwhile, mine was that she reminded me of Orochimaru. :D She's practically slithering in the last panel... not to mention the possible biting on Melissa's neck.
Currently undergoing minor existential crisis. Would appreciate any pointers towards your favorite science-fiction works as means to help restore faith in the Universe as a whole.

"SCIENCE!"

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

the art of misdirection
ImageImage