13-10-10 What was that?

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: 13-10-10 What was that?

Post by Tenjen »

looks like kade is now faking it...and erm

Giz, Dave.

The 4th panel. I think grAce's legs are out of alignment with her upper body -w-

though i do think iam wrong. Given that her knee's are bent and she must be rotating her torso to face kade more
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

JoseB

Post by JoseB »

Oooh, I have just had a vision about the punishment that awaits Blair...

He is now being held by Professor Twiggit. I must say, first, that from Professor Twiggit I get a very strong "mad scientist" vibe. For some reason I am pretty much convinced that she is your standard mad scientist, possibly with a laboratory somewhere in the basement, dedicated to poke Things Man Was Not Meant To Know (TM).

Soooo... If this is the case... Wouldn't it be *nice* if Blair spent a couple of weeks as Experimental Subject #1 for whatever demented research Professor Twiggit might be delving in...?
*discordant chord*
NOBODY expects the SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

Well, one thing's for sure, we'll find out sooner or later whether Nina just thought they were friends or had a thing for Ace...
Perhaps sooner than later

http://www.eeriecuties.com/images/Eerie ... previe.jpg
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

WCRI wrote: ... now the real question is, why does Nina have a fan?
Maybe she thinks it's stylish.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I counted twelve named characters on this strip, and I think that's a record. :-D

Weltall84

Post by Weltall84 »

As soon as Ace finds him, Blaire is going to be a very dead doll.

Assuming anything is left of Blaire as I don't see the pervy doll getting out of a severe ass-kicking from this stunt.

Ecchi-Spud
Wielder of the Remote

Post by Ecchi-Spud »

I just wonder how GrAce is going to explain this to the Dad . . .
Many thanks to Raamyah for the avvie!!!!

BrianX

Post by BrianX »

Weltall84 wrote:As soon as Ace finds him, Blaire is going to be a very dead doll.

Assuming anything is left of Blaire as I don't see the pervy doll getting out of a severe ass-kicking from this stunt.
Let's just say he doesn't want to catch grAce in bitch mode...

NekoLLX

Post by NekoLLX »

i was board so something for the Grace fans

http://lurkerlordx.com/cast.html

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

:))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

NekoLLX wrote:i was board so something for the Grace fans
http://lurkerlordx.com/cast.html
I LOVE IT!!! *bounces with joyful glee*

I REALLY hope they let Grace remain a girl! As I was driving to school today, I had this mental image of a scene from the near future ...

~~~~~~~~~

Grace walks in to the lunchroom (or hallway or wherever), and she's joined by several of her friends. You see hints that Grace is wearing a familiar shirt, but they don't notice it at first.

Everybody's talking about her, and several people (like Twigitt) are theorizing on ways to turn Grace back into a boy -- but Nina is defending the situation and saying she thinks puppy is really cute as a girl and now they can have sleepovers!

Grace is quiet through it all, being shier now that she ever was.

Grace starts looking into the distance at something, and while she does several people get into a heated argument about what to do about her "problem". In the midst of the debate, somebody suddenly points out, "Hey, nobody's asked her what SHE wants yet!"

Everybody looks over at Grace to see that, without anybody else noticing, Kade has walked up, and he and Grace are kissing each other in a tender, passionate embrace. About that time, it's clear what shirt she's wearing -- the "I <heart> Kade" one that Nina got for her ( http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20100719.html). And while she was embarrassed to wear it before, now she's obviously very happy to be seen in it!

The scene ends with everybody staring at them, some in shock, others with smiles on their faces, and maybe with Layla storming off furiously.

~~~~~~~~~

Romantic AND funny, I figure, and an intriguing way to keep the storyline flowing! What do ya'll think?
Rowlf!!!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

:-?

That the thread to the comic would get 150 replies within a day and then be mod-locked. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I'm sure the Magic Reset Button will catch up to Ace. It just took its sweet time to get there because he's the buttmonkey, so it felt no need to rush when we could get a laugh out of it missing him. He'll be back to being a boy in no time.

Border Prince

Post by Border Prince »

I hope the lizards ran away from school, screaming like a pair of girls after they met Blair in the shower. (Would serve them right. What I hate those guys.) :ympray:
Don Alexander wrote:If we had a "Post of the day" prize, you'd get it!!

BRILLIANT!!!

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

This is a really interesting post, and I'd like to pursue it.
Eris Lobo wrote:Howdy all! First-time poster here!!!
Welcome!
I’m not sure how many of you here know about the neurophysiology connected with gender-identity disorder, but scientists have concluded that (a) male and female brains are neurologically and physically different in very distinct ways, and (b) people who experience gender-identity disorder appear to actually have a mismatch between their brain’s gender and their outward body’s gender. Not only is their brain incorrectly “wired” for their hormones, but their biological clock is all set for the wrong type of body, and even their self-identity regarding how their body should be physically (its size, for example) is often skewed. Think about how you would feel if you woke up tomorrow with your current self-identity but in the body of a squirrel, and you might get an idea of how you might feel that your new body is just plain “wrong” according to how your mind pictures it should be.
There are three elements in gender identity, to my knowledge. Brain structure, current hormones, and learned behavior. You shouldn't discount the last one, because by all evidence, it's a biggie along with the other three. Further, you mention a biological clock, but that is entirely determined by hormones. Remember, all a hormone is is a molecule generated by the body to control the function of a target tissue. You can pump or convince a guy's body to produce female hormones and, lo, there will begin expression of feminine characteristics and a change in behavior, up to an including male breasts starting lactation. Naturally, brain structure will normally control alot of those hormones, with environmental stimulus strongly effecting hormones (time of day, diet, does the person spend alot of time around infants, et cetera).
I’ve got a couple of friends who identify as male even though their outward body is female, and a friend who is mentally female although her body is outwardly male. I was talking with them once, and one said how cool it would be if they could find a magic object that would transform them into the opposite gender. We took the topic to its logical conclusion, however, and decided that it wouldn’t make things any better for my friends, because the ones who have male brains in female bodies would just become people with female brains in male bodies, and vice versa.
That's an interesting conclusion, but I think the rules of the game matter. If the object simply overwrote everything "female" and replaced it with male brain structure, male generative organs, slight skeletal rework, with a fluid change with a shot of testosterone added, you'd get something male. However, unless it brainwashed them, it would have no effect on learned behavior.
Soooo … I don’t think we should pity Gr(Ace) really, because (a) she’s probably now fully has a female mind in her female body, and (b) she seems to be accepting it enough that she’s getting rather comfortable with Kade on the school lawns. Gr(Ace) was also pretty darn happy that her hands were less-than-furry, and she’s rather attractive in other ways as well. She seems to have rather quickly gotten over the shock of changing gender, so I have a feeling it’s all settled into her system rather well by now. And chances are, her body is already pumping out female hormones, soooo …

Again, I should stress that Gr(Ace) is NOT a boy in a girl’s body – she’s now a girl in a girl’s body. I have a feeling that, as things are right now, if Gr(Ace) were presented with the opportunity to transform back into a boy – she would be horrified. She is fully a girl now in every way, and it’s likely that her life will be better as a result.
I was with you up till now, because I think you are discounting that Ace has spent 14 years being entirely male. Learned behavior matters alot, even in neurology. Even if the Orb gave his brain a make-over and provided brain structure characteristic of women, his identity would still be wrapped up in being male, because that's all he's known up until now. Suddenly having female hormones and the filters in your brain tweaked it going to be severely at odds with that, particularly since getting it forced on you by means of Magic Orb is going to be an alien experience.

Take individuals with 5-alpha-reductase disorder. They are individuals who are genetically male that have a disorder where their body doesn't produce enough of the enzyme that moves testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, which is necessary for virilization, despite having male gonads, et all (internally). Because of this and because it would require a rather invasive investigation that wouldn't occur for most young children to discover, these children are often identified and raised as girls. They look like girls, they act like girls and then puberty happens, and now they have organs that are capable of producing enough DHT to actually induce virilization, conceivably producing an individual with a normal male body (except they may have small generative organs and they never experience male pattern baldness), even able to father children in some cases.

This causes some gender identity issues, to say the least, because they learned to be girls. Interestingly enough, there were a bunch of cases in the Dominican Republic where this happened in these one group of villages, where the girls who grew up to be men (guevedoches) actually fair a little better when it comes to their gender identity for cultural reasons (according to my biology teacher) because in hispanic cultures, being a boy is certainly better than being a girl. So you can see how gender identity certainly has a strong learned component. I'd be pretty horrified if I was in Ace's position to have such a thing forced on me, and I can't imagine him not wanting to be restored back to his previous self.

Granted, the Magic Orb also has a brainwashing component to it as well, since it not only changes genders but arbitrarily slaps stereotypes on the affected victims as well (example: Nina suddenly liking fighting and video games as a boy but then likely ponies again when the effects started to wear off), so Ace may have girliness forced on him a bit more than biology would dictate (this is a cartoon, after all), but I'm sure Ace will arranged to be fixed, possibly even off camera when the comic moves to the next arc.