Magick Chicks 19-10-14 How is she resisting

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Insectoid

Re: Magick Chicks 19-10-14 How is she resisting

Post by Insectoid »

Artemisia wrote:It isn't really surprising, though. Cerise is desperate for power and glory and never once stopped to think that people like that usually end up pariahs with burned out husks of bodies desperately clawing at something to try and stay alive...eventually becoming the tool for someone else, only to run away when things are at their darkest because they have no real moral fiber.

Wait...did I just compare her to the Master?
...Possibly... :p
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Farmer_10 wrote:
Gotoh wrote:I also notice she can sense Skye's presence approaching her. So how did she fail to notice when the Ninja Club abducted her? Shouldn't she have sensed the difference between Skye and the imposter standing next to her?
She was distracted with other stuff and wasn't really thinking about it. Or the Ninja Club is so good at infiltration they can even disguise their auras.
Or it could be that she isn't sensing Skye at all - she's just realizing where the extra power to defeat Melissa lies while we - as the audience - see what Skye is doing as this realization dawns on Cerise.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Fluffy: I hadn't thought of it that way. I still think Cerise is sensing her, but I admit your interpretation may be a more likely explanation of what we're seeing. And it'd explain how Rain was able to impersonate Skye without arousing Cerise's suspicion. But it'd still leave the question of how and when they replaced her without Cerise noticing?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Gotoh wrote:On topic: Cerise... I know what you're thinking. At least, I'm about 90% certain, but I really hope she's not gonna be stupid enough to try it. She had to jettison a substantial portion of that power for a reason. I know she can be shortsighted, but even she couldn't have forgotten about that.
Actually... here's the thing she's missing - the power was intended to drive out Mel's Good/Wand power... when it was IN MELISSA! Simply attacking her would have no more effect than any similar attack of an equivalent power level.

Know what she would do if she was smart and (or rather, as well as) a bit of a gambler? Take the "spare" power out of Skye... and stick it in Mel. While it wouldn't make her go kablooey, it could well be enough to make her "unworthy" from the Wand's POV. And Cerise would still have more power overall, since she still has the majority of the power from Hekate's vial while Mel would lose the wand.
Cranium wrote:"The power Hekate gave me ..." ... Hecate never gave her the power it was to be given to Melissa ... So Cerise has deluded herself. Oh golly this is no surprise. But Skye was willing to die for Cerise so figure she do so again, but is that what Cerise really want? (just guessing)
Bambikles wrote:
Artemisia wrote:....and now Cerise will betray Skye... :(
That's not really wonder. Cerise is deeply selfish. Though is taking back the extra power she gave to Skye suppose to kill the latter when taken back ? I'd found this strange and rather go to Skye reverting to her old self.
On these... Hekate notably used the word "stain" on what the power would do to Skye. To me, that means Cerise tapping her battery wouldn't kill Skye, but it wouldn't revert her either. As Jacqui once said, you can't get your innocence back - once something's stained, just removing the stuff doing the staining - mopping up ketchup, for instance - doesn't remove the stain. (And this would mean Skye couldn't save Cerise again if she was about to go kersplodey all over again, since she's no longer "pure")

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, I sure hope a Seizure of Power occurs...

then I can quote one of my favorite lines from Nevermore. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

This can't be good... :-ss
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:I also notice she can sense Skye's presence approaching her. So how did she fail to notice when the Ninja Club abducted her? Shouldn't she have sensed the difference between Skye and the imposter standing next to her?
Seeing as how Cerise can bend time and space and seems to always be in close proximity to the school where Skye was secretly being held even if she detected something was slightly awry her arrogance eclipsed her senses.

I too worry that Ceriese is going to drain Skye of Hekate's remaining essence, but perhaps that will also purge her of its corruption. There's still good in her, but Cerise seems like a lost cause at this point.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Power up or not, Cerise is not an esper. She can't read minds and can't communicate with minds via her own power. Skye on the other hand IS an esper and now that she she's free and presumably not in a shielded room, she's reaching out to Cerise.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

David Johnston wrote:Power up or not, Cerise is not an esper. She can't read minds and can't communicate with minds via her own power.
Who said anything about her reading minds? :-\

I asked how she failed to sense the difference between Skye and Rain. Meaning, the dark essence both of them share. If it's Skye's aura/dark essence that Cerise is sensing now, how did she fail to realize Rain was an imposter, given he's devoid of that essence?

CFT

Post by CFT »

David Johnston is saying that (in his opinion) it's NOT Cerise sensing Skye's "aura/dark essence", but it's instead Skye sending psychic messages to Cerise that she's "on her way to her". It's a logical interpretation of the scene, not sure if it is the correct one though.
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@CFT: Except Skye is an animal telepath, it's never been said that she communicate telepathically with humans; even after her powes were enhanced. Ava doesn't have that ability either, and she's also an esper.

The only one we've seen who's capable of that, so far, is Faith.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Gotoh wrote:
David Johnston wrote:Power up or not, Cerise is not an esper. She can't read minds and can't communicate with minds via her own power.
Who said anything about her reading minds? :-\

I asked how she failed to sense the difference between Skye and Rain. Meaning, the dark essence both of them share. If it's Skye's aura/dark essence that Cerise is sensing now, how did she fail to realize Rain was an imposter, given he's devoid of that essence?
I don't think she's sensing anything of the sort. I think she's just in mental communication established by Skye.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@David Johnston: When has it been suggested that Skye can do that? We've seen Cerise do something like that before, but not Skye. And that was only possible due to her connection with the school, according to what she said.

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Some animals are Mammals ... Humans are Mammals ... perhaps in the past Skye was just not wanting to reach out to humans? Just a thought.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

CFT

Post by CFT »

Gotoh wrote:@David Johnston: When has it been suggested that Skye can do that? We've seen Cerise do something like that before, but not Skye. And that was only possible due to her connection with the school, according to what she said.
In my opinion, it was strongly implied that Cerise was only able to do that thanks to Skye's psychic abilities, aka that Skye was the conduit through which Cerise was able to infiltrate Faith's mind.
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED