Eerie Cuties 06-10-14 You are so intelligent

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

BioYuGi

Re: Eerie Cuties 06-10-14 You are so intelligent

Post by BioYuGi »

When has the teacher had"all the answers"? She had a fifty fifty success rate at best.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@BioYuGi: Twiggit's only had a few appearances, so far, but she hasn't really been wrong about anything, yet. The closest she's had to any sort of screw-up, was when Nina swiped the magic vase from her. But when it comes to figuring things out, she's almost always on the money.

tanonev

Post by tanonev »

Geeno wrote:
JoybuzzerX wrote:
vampire hunter D wrote:Maybe Layla's taken the red state attitude that intelligence is a bad thing?
Thought that was a blue state trait.
No anti-intellectualism - which isn't really the same thing as anti-intelligence - is definitely a Republican, therefore "red state" thing. Climate science denial, teaching creationism in science class, and on and on.
"Blue state" republicans are just as bad; they just don't get their way as often.
I suppose the Anti-vaccination movement could count as a "blue state" endorsement of ignorance, but that's not really party based. It seems to be an upper middle class phenomenon.
There's also the anti-GMO movement, and I think animal rights extremists also lean left. To grossly oversimplify things, the follies of the right seem linked to misapplication of Western religious traditions, while the follies of the left seem linked to misapplication of Eastern religious traditions. (Emphasis on misapplication; ultimately it is the people themselves, not the ideas they claim to follow, who are responsible for the damage they cause.)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Varanus wrote:
Geeno wrote:No anti-intellectualism - which isn't really the same thing as anti-intelligence - is definitely a Republican, therefore "red state" thing. Climate science denial, teaching creationism in science class, and on and on.
"Blue state" republicans are just as bad; they just don't get their way as often.
I won't touch much on the creationism debate as that opens not just the powder keg of politics but the powder keg of religion (though from what I've seen those who push for it want it to simply be taught as another possibility that is believed in by various scientists, often nothing more than the possibility of an intelligent force guiding evolution).

As for climate change denial, some may be like that. Most I listen to admit that the climate is changing, but draw the line at it being proven that the changes advocated to stop or reverse it are meaningful or useful. Many also debate on whether humans are a primary cause of the change.
....I think you and I have different definitions of "scientist". Mine involves people who look at the actual evidence and form rational conclusions based on it, yours appears to involve blind faith.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

What an interesting debate to find in a comic forum; can you explain what evidence you are looking at which leads you to this conclusion?

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

No ink.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Perhaps just post once in Ask Gisele, Dave and Shouri Questions Here OR EC/MC/DC General Discussion and list pages not yet inked. But I for one rather have a blue lined page (as they more or less complete except some finesse by Shouri) then rather long Hiatus and missed installments of Magic Chicks.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body