Eerie Cuties 29-09-14 I hate every other part of Layla

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Maechris

Re: Eerie Cuties 29-09-14 I hate every other part of Layla

Post by Maechris »

Artemisia wrote:
Maechris wrote:Straight until proven bi.
I'm horrible. I tend to think everyone's gay until proven bi or straight...and sometimes not even then....
Personally I tend to avoid guessing the sexualities of people I do not know. Flexing one's nind about fictional characters is one thing, but it is too easy to simply slap suspicions of tomboyish girls not being straight or metrosexual men not being straight.

I also am aware I was too young for most of my life (still young but getting out of that phase) for my peeers to be 100% settled on what they are sexually.
Cortez wrote:
Maechris wrote: Straight until proven bi.
Doesn't work like that. Straight isn't the default, that's a heteronormative way of thinking.

In any case, both Chloe and Pandora have shown attraction for both sexes. For that matter, Abby hasn't shown any interest in boys, so she's likely not straight either.
... I was talking about the characters mentioned and pinpointed in the quote as being straight unitl
the pixietrixieuniverse turns and makes them bi. What is and isn't nomal for humankind is a flame
war I do not want to start especially with the kind of heterophobia the world seems to try to push itself into.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Feywald

Post by Feywald »

Oenone wrote:I think Chloe is fear because Chloe's major arc centered on Chloes fear of growing up
I think Chloe may represent fear less for who she is and more for the effect her blood had on Layla. We saw how Layla became addicted to Choles blood and alittle of her come down after the first time she bit her. I would imagine the second time when she has to go cold turkey would be worse and she fears something like that happerning again.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Gotoh wrote:
JoybuzzerX wrote:One can talk big. Mel and Layla share the same problems...believe themselves all that while still having issues with themselves (both of which seems to be their looks).
That may be, but it still doesn't answer the question. If she was ever jealous of Mel, she's never shown it. As in, not even vaguely implied. The closest she ever came was when she called Mel a harpy for going after Kade, after she'd been dumped. But in the scene I linked to (and others), Mel always appeared to be jealous of Layla.
JoybuzzerX wrote:Why Layla has gotten jealous of the breast size of others (which Mel hasn't shown an envious streak of).
That was where Chloe and Maria are concerned. Though I'm still of the opinion that she's fine as is, her bust size compliments her figure.
JoybuzzerX wrote:...now as for Layla's bi curious side, I see no reason why Layla's sub conscience would lie about it, but it makes me curious if Mel has been one of Layla's crushes or just Bi Curious side of her sub conscience making the comment.
Bi-curious doesn't automatically imply she's ever had a crush on anyone of the same sex. It just means she may have thought about it at some point.

For example: I might be curious about a certain movie, or I might've thought about eating at new restaurant. But just because I thought about it doesn't mean I'm gonna do it. It may have seemed interesting until I decided to stick with my usual preferences.

I'll be more surprised than I already am if it turns out Layla's ever secretly had a crush on another girl.
Not showing signs of jealousy is how Layla stays queen bee. Let's remember, while the comic has been around awhile, Nina just had her first birthday of the comic (went from 14 to 15...with a 3 month time skip that allowed them to give her some height a bit more mature look to her)...so it could be this is our first hint of what more is behind Layla.

I realize bi curious doesn't automatically mean she had had or does have a crush on anyone of the same sex. Hence me wondering with the "Brooke" comment on "Mel" Was it just a joke because it was Bi-Curious side or was it implying Layla had a glancing thought of Mel that way.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Cortez wrote:
Doesn't work like that. Straight isn't the default, that's a heteronormative way of thinking.

In any case, both Chloe and Pandora have shown attraction for both sexes. For that matter, Abby hasn't shown any interest in boys, so she's likely not straight either.
Well, Abby hasn't really grown to the point where she'll show much interest in a romantic partner, plus, we don't know much about her.
Maechris wrote:
Artemisia wrote:
Maechris wrote:Straight until proven bi.
I'm horrible. I tend to think everyone's gay until proven bi or straight...and sometimes not even then....
Personally I tend to avoid guessing the sexualities of people I do not know. Flexing one's nind about fictional characters is one thing, but it is too easy to simply slap suspicions of tomboyish girls not being straight or metrosexual men not being straight.

I also am aware I was too young for most of my life (still young but getting out of that phase) for my peeers to be 100% settled on what they are sexually.
I grew up under unusual circumstances, but it's okay...I don't tend to have to deal with people very much anyway.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

DrAngryEd

Post by DrAngryEd »

Maechris wrote:I now wonder what the... big, doompanties-afflicted version of Chloe represents.
Maybe her vengeful side.
"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."

Captain Phantom F. Harlock I

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I love scenarios like these. :D Love them!

I have to admit, I'm having a bit of a flashback to Haley in Order of the Stick, though.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

This version of Brooke, like the real Brooke, gets attracted to beautiful girls who don't always have beautiful personalities.
:-?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

So, who plays this role? ;)
HaleyCutCrapBrainBit.gif
HaleyCutCrapBrainBit.gif (8.98 KiB) Viewed 4453 times
Quote removed. The DAMNed

tanonev

Post by tanonev »

What is and isn't nomal for humankind is a flame war I do not want to start especially with the kind of heterophobia the world seems to try to push itself into.
What world are you referring to, exactly? Last I checked in our world, there are 5 countries that apply the death penalty for homosexuality and...0 countries that apply the death penalty for heterosexuality. Virtually every established quality of life metric comes out in favor of heterosexuals over homosexuals.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Artemisia wrote:
Cortez wrote:

Well, Abby hasn't really grown to the point where she'll show much interest in a romantic partner, plus, we don't know much about her.

That's true, we don't see her do much aside from teasing Teddy.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

@Zippy I remember these, Abby is clearly crushing on Zach in these strips.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

That was my point in linking them. Abby is VERY clearly showing "an interest".

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

BlairFan wrote:This version of Brooke, like the real Brooke, gets attracted to beautiful girls who don't always have beautiful personalities.
:-?
Layla's not that bad, she's actually pretty nice to be around once anyone actually gets to know her. Even Brooke's seen that much.

And she fell for Ace. I know you said "girls", but you gotta admit, he's a nice guy and he generally means well. So I'd say Brooke's had good tastes, so far.

edit: Looking at the 2nd link again, Layla openly admitted to being jealous of Chloe's bust size and I'm reminded of the time she expressed her jealousy when Dio was fawning over Ash and Nina (though she denied it in Nina's case). So it seems she's only hidden her jealousy towards Mel... for whatever reason.