Dangerously Chloe 22-09-14 Cannot be a party to this

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Tako

Re: Dangerously Chloe 22-09-14 Cannot be a party to this

Post by Tako »

About time Abby got a kick in the butt. I hope being in mortal danger will make her take it all more seriously.

CFT

Post by CFT »

[I'm only joking here] @Tako: do kicks in the butt look like scythes in the face to you? :p [/joke]
Also: "I used to be a pestering, comic-relief younger sibling until I got a scythe in the face ... " B-)
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Well Dangerously Chloe is living up to her name. Thinking Dave has some serious dark issues, so much death and such in the last year, all without resolution (aka Magickchicks still up in the Air ... what 11 months now?)
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

washu

Post by washu »

so... Abby's body ends up "mostly alive" but comatose while her reaped soul ends up stuck in heaven with Pandora? maybe?
Rise from Ashes. a new webcomic by Madeleine Rosca, author of Hollow Fields.

philippos42

Post by philippos42 »

It got worse.

Really, this is the sort of thing the early arcs taught to expect. We'd just been lulled into a false sense of fun with Pandora's antics and the date with Naomi.

Not that I expect this to be quite the disaster Chloe accidentally wrecking the kids' parents' marriage was.

washu

Post by washu »

my reaction to that last panel.
Terrified
Rise from Ashes. a new webcomic by Madeleine Rosca, author of Hollow Fields.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Goodbye Alchemy-the-Reaper, hello Alchemy-the-gendershifter-without-bonus-feats?

What's worse is that, if s/he was a clear-thinker, this could trivially have been avoided. S/he could have just made the scythe disappear as she did before, let Chloe tumble, then manifested it again...
Odd Man Out wrote:That said, Alchemy, you need to hold Chloe to both of those offers.
I'm pretty sure they expired the moment she scythed Abby in the face...
UnsightlyWalrus wrote:I wonder how illegal is reaping a living person?
Probably more so than sneaking a can of Gold Wings out of heaven...
Smallfoot wrote:Alternately, the scythe only harms spectral objects?

Thus the glasses got sliced, but passed through Abby harmlessly? If you look, the blade isn't resting IN her as much as it's where it would be from Kimmy holding it. She's just shocked that she can't see Teddy or Kimmy anymore. Right? Right...?
That's my current bet. Still...
CFT wrote:I'm not sure I buy into the "the scythe only harms spectral beings" theory. If that was the case, why did Alchemy say "oops", shouldn't she know her scythe's properties?
Even if that 'twere the case, there's a soul in there that could be harmed by sticking a big, pointy soul-reaping blade into it. So still in the balance.
philippos42 wrote:Really, this is the sort of thing the early arcs taught to expect. We'd just been lulled into a false sense of fun with Pandora's antics and the date with Naomi.

Not that I expect this to be quite the disaster Chloe accidentally wrecking the kids' parents' marriage was.
Did anyone actually LIKE the interminable timetravel arc though?

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

FATALITY!
Usually you break something with that kind of brawl, here they broke someone. I suppose this is really serious, otherwise Kimmy wouldn't look like so "Oh no" all over. Plus Chloe probably had some courses about soul reapers at Charybdis. But she clearly didn't know Kimmy.

Azure

Post by Azure »

I'm pretty sure the scythe wouldn't have make a loud "thok" noise if the blade could only harm intangible things...

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Live in a house filled with demons from hell, then take a Reaper back to your house and then fight with the one who has a scythe...yes...bad things will happen.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

the thok might have been breaking the glasses, or the special effects of doing something to Gabby (giving her "special powers"?)

no blood or start of a cut in her forehead, just a simple "go through her face" like an oar going through water, not cutting it
ImageImage

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

This reminds me of that sword Tiffany once stabbed herself with, and it may have similar results.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Reaping a soul might not leave any blood. Even if Abby's body is unharmed her soul has been stabbed in the head. That is reason enough to worry.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Twin3

Post by Twin3 »

Meh, here I thought we were finally getting some decent fan-service and then on closer inspection it turns out to just be a part of her skirt missing its pattern. *sighs disappointed*

also; Alas, poor Abby! we knew her well.

Drache

Post by Drache »

Well, 'Oops', indeed. Poor Abby.

On a side note, why is Abby wearing shoes, wasn't she barefoot just a bit earlier?