Eerie Cuties 22-09-14 They will hear you

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-09-14 They will hear you

Post by Gotoh »

@DrAngryEd: Not dating freshmen was Mel's thing.

Layla's thing was, she wasn't into other girls.

brasca

Post by brasca »

jaimehlers wrote:Huh, I wonder if they took some inspiration for this from that DS9 episode where Bashir had been psionically attacked and spent virtually the entire episode inside his own mind, with his friends and colleagues representing aspects of his personality, and him getting older and more decrepit as they were killed off. Naturally, I don't think that last one will happen here, but the parallels are interesting.
Maybe. It's as good a guess as any. If Chloe was going to pop up in Layla's mind I would think it would be Doom Panties Chloe and not her younger incarnation. Like Faith she did actually challenge Layla so I can see that as a memory she'd want to suppress, but this is Chloe before her brief power corruption so she might represent something from her personality which means we could be seeing cameo appearances from others who haven't appeared in this strip for some time.

mittfh

Post by mittfh »

With Tia, Nina, Faith, Chloe, Lamia plus all the "statues" it's starting to get rather crowded up there. It's a good job Layla's mindscape isn't constrained by physical limitations e.g. walls :)

Chase-san

Post by Chase-san »

Man, this made me realize how much I miss the original Chloe.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hm, Subconcious-Chloe has a tag!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

And yet, the Weeping Lamia don't! (Hitherto, they and Lamiazilla have been tagged as "Layla".)

Incidentally, it's a bit weird having early-Chloe (not original, to judge from her chestline at the botton!) with current-Nina, who has finally stopped looking (and mostly stopped acting) like an eight-year old.

Still, since she still habitually fails her intelligence and wisdom checks, one wonders exactly how long it will take Nina to clue into the fact this isn't really Chloe...

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

brasca wrote:Maybe. It's as good a guess as any. If Chloe was going to pop up in Layla's mind I would think it would be Doom Panties Chloe and not her younger incarnation. Like Faith she did actually challenge Layla so I can see that as a memory she'd want to suppress, but this is Chloe before her brief power corruption so she might represent something from her personality which means we could be seeing cameo appearances from others who haven't appeared in this strip for some time.
Maybe Chloe's representing Layla's addiction to her blood? The mental intruder (Nina) having thus found a weakness.
Zippy wrote:And yet, the Weeping Lamia don't! (Hitherto, they and Lamiazilla have been tagged as "Layla".)
They weren't tagged in this page either. It seems to me that the statues have only been tagged as Layla when they're actually moving.

sparky

Post by sparky »

Chase-san wrote:Man, this made me realize how much I miss the original Chloe.
Me too. I'm still not used to the "new and improved" version.

By the way, I don't know how I noticed this but the date is completely wrong. April 28 was quite some time ago!

philippos42

Post by philippos42 »

I came here to say that!

I tend to treat DC Chloe as a different character. She's certainly not young Chloe, not power-mad Chloe, but a little older and wiser (if still reckless).

Quote removed. The DAMNed

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Aw, what a nice reunion. :)