Eerie Cuties 15-09-14 Appeal to the power of sisterly love

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cortez

Re: Eerie Cuties 15-09-14 Appeal to the power of sisterly lo

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:
Cortez wrote:
Gotoh wrote:Yeah, that's what I meant. Hence, why it didn't seem as if she'd been too bothered by it... until now, that is.
Is she bothered? Because it looks like this memory of Faith is defending her mind from Lamia or trying to.
I think it's meant to imply that, on some level, Layla may be aware of what's happening to her and is trying to resist it; even if it's only subconsciously.

tbh, I'd expect a memory of her parents to defend her. After all, a lot of kids look up to their parents and think of them as their protectors. Or, at least, an older sibling. So it's kinda odd that the memory of the girl that tried to kill her, is the one that's fighting Lamia instead. :-\
I was expecting Tiffany myself.
washu wrote:i wonder if Tia can feed off this chaos and discord, even when in her astral form? if she can, she has every incentive to make this play out as long as possible. it might even be in her own best interests to join forces with Quintessa
I doubt it, since she made a deal with Nina and she wants what she's offering.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Escheron wrote:Nina! Whatever you do, don't blink! Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead.
Nice (and apropos) Doctor Who ref. :))

Tia is such a meanie... but we already knew that. OTOH, having Faith, the "food" who turned out to be a formidable opponent, fighting on Layla's side... that's a switch.

Now where's that popcorn... ah, there it is. Image
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

brasca

Post by brasca »

washu wrote:i wonder if Tia can feed off this chaos and discord, even when in her astral form? if she can, she has every incentive to make this play out as long as possible. it might even be in her own best interests to join forces with Quintessa
Quintessa's long game seems to be domination of the supernaturals. That would diminish much of the chaos, but discord would increase with people inevitably resenting her. Maybe that's good enough for Tia.

Nutster

Post by Nutster »

Escheron wrote:Nina! Whatever you do, don't blink! Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead.
Arg! You beat me to it. :) It does not help that Space TV, here in Canada, played the Doctor Who episode Blink on this past weekend.
But isn't it:
The Doctor/Sally Sparrow wrote:Whatever you do, don't look away! Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead.

Jeivar

Post by Jeivar »

Huh. Well, I sure wasn't expecting Faith.

My guess is Layla is lashing out at the invading personality, and so consciously or not summons the most frightening/powerful thing she can think of: The person who completely overpowered her out of the blue and had Layla completely at her mercy.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Jeivar wrote:Huh. Well, I sure wasn't expecting Faith.
"Nobody expects the Faith-quisition!"
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

So here's what I'm thinking: I always found it pretty unlikely that Faith would just let Layla walk away after that fight. So what if Faith put something into her* before she escaped? Maybe something so that Faith could track her down again later, or follow her movements, or maybe even something to prevent her from causing trouble to the humans.

*into her mind, that is
Yet still, I live...

ScifiterX

Post by ScifiterX »

I've thought it a few times in the past but this time it is undeniable. Tia is a witch (spelled with a b).

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm getting a bit of an Inception/Neuromancer vibe off all this. Faith is Black Ice. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Didn't see this coming. :-o
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

I like to think that Cerises spell went really wrong and that Faith and the others were sent into Laylas mind instead of the volcano and now they're trapped....!
eeeek!

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Don Alexander wrote:In other new, Tia really is a little bitch. "Popcorn?" Image
and that's why i luvs her.
Yet still, I live...

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Indeed, that's why she's fun. But she's a bit too much one dimensional. Adding some deepness would be welcomed.

Toban_Frost

Post by Toban_Frost »

I am so glad I'm not the only one who got a Weeping Angel vibe from this strip.