Eerie Cuties 15-09-14 Appeal to the power of sisterly love

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Eerie Cuties 15-09-14 Appeal to the power of sisterly lo

Post by Artemisia »

Escheron wrote:Nina! Whatever you do, don't blink! Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead.
The worst part is, we know that they're Whovians....the writers that is!
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

CFT wrote:@zippy: Maybe since Faith used her esper mojo to awaken Layla's primal self (enraging her), it is that same base survival instict that now resists Lamia and fights with Faith's form?
Plausible enough.
Geeno wrote:It's possible that Layla sees Faith's as a fearsome visage, but I would be more intrigued by the "Faith leaving something behind" idea as unlikely as that seems.
To be clear - I don't really expect them to go there either, but at least it is an interesting thought.
FlashD81 wrote: I hope Nina can figure out something on her own.
Welp. They're Faithed.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

The only thing I can think right now is this relates somehow to Layla's thoughts when confronting Chloe when she stated in her mind "I will not kneel... not to Faith, not to you..."

Faith would certainly be seen as a great threat/rival to Layla as she resisted and turned back her mental powers so easily, though I'm not sure how that could cause Layla's subconscious to transform the image of Faith into a defender.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:
Zippy wrote:
Gotoh wrote:I guess Layla was more unnerved by that encounter than she's let on.
She looked pretty unnerved in that one MC strip where we saw her hiding in her bedroom. Problem was the lack of EC follow-up. Barring that one namecheck of bravado, Layla's part in the MC end of the crossover was never mentioned again.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Hence, why it didn't seem as if she'd been too bothered by it... until now, that is.
Is she bothered? Because it looks like this memory of Faith is defending her mind from Lamia or trying to.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Varanus wrote:The only thing I can think right now is this relates somehow to Layla's thoughts when confronting Chloe when she stated in her mind "I will not kneel... not to Faith, not to you..."

Faith would certainly be seen as a great threat/rival to Layla as she resisted and turned back her mental powers so easily, though I'm not sure how that could cause Layla's subconscious to transform the image of Faith into a defender.
Because she has a crush on Faith? :p
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Or she imagines Faith as the Vampire Queen's ultimate enemy.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:
Gotoh wrote:Yeah, that's what I meant. Hence, why it didn't seem as if she'd been too bothered by it... until now, that is.
Is she bothered? Because it looks like this memory of Faith is defending her mind from Lamia or trying to.
I think it's meant to imply that, on some level, Layla may be aware of what's happening to her and is trying to resist it; even if it's only subconsciously.

tbh, I'd expect a memory of her parents to defend her. After all, a lot of kids look up to their parents and think of them as their protectors. Or, at least, an older sibling. So it's kinda odd that the memory of the girl that tried to kill her, is the one that's fighting Lamia instead. :-\

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

I love Tia :x :x :x :ymdevil:
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Stellermeerkat

Post by Stellermeerkat »

Gotoh wrote: tbh, I'd expect a memory of her parents to defend her. After all, a lot of kids look up to their parents and think of them as their protectors. Or, at least, an older sibling. So it's kinda odd that the memory of the girl that tried to kill her, is the one that's fighting Lamia instead. :-\
To be fair. Since Layla is resisting Lamia, She probably wouldn't trust her Father to protect her. Since it was him who pretty much made her a non-entity. A person born to be just a vessel for the fallen Queen.

I do hope Doom Panties Chloe comes in to protect Layla's mind next. I think Layla is using people who've antagonized her to fuel her own will. May even get Magical
-itch Melissa and her Coven. \:d/

talantus

Post by talantus »

Escheron wrote:Nina! Whatever you do, don't blink! Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead.

Good so I'm not the only one that got a doctor who vibe out of those last panels ^_^

Lady Radagu

Post by Lady Radagu »

Nina! Get your wrist out. You get your wrist out without breaking it! I don't know how. Just do it. Change the future!

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Nina, grab a handful of that "popcorn." I'm betting that's what is keeping Tia invisible to the defense mechanisms.

I'd like to see faith's manifestation be a piece of her the real Faith implanted, or better yet anchored just in case she was teleported far away...

But then I know what I'd really like to see happen.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

jimb_85

Post by jimb_85 »

Dammit, you beat me to the reference.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:@Passing Through: It's another part of Layla's memories, though apparently, it's one that's not so easily forgotten. I guess Layla was more unnerved by that encounter than she's let on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The last panel is worrisome, 'cuz unless I'm seeing things, Nina's arm is turning to stone. Not that Tia gives two sh*ts, of course. :p
Probably and if that is the case then Lamia has already dealt with all the surface parts of Layla and now has to deal with what is hidden. Hopefully, the memory of Faith will be distracting enough that Nina can break free before Lamia is completely aware that she has intruders.

washu

Post by washu »

i wonder if Tia can feed off this chaos and discord, even when in her astral form? if she can, she has every incentive to make this play out as long as possible. it might even be in her own best interests to join forces with Quintessa
Rise from Ashes. a new webcomic by Madeleine Rosca, author of Hollow Fields.