mikbuster

Re: Dangerously Chloe 01-09-14 G- Al and Kimmy

Post by mikbuster »

They're so cute with themselves...
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

^^ What mikbuster said. Can't decide if it's awfully cute or awfully sad, though. Or both...
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Awwwww.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

I am both :x and =(( at the same time.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

so... alchemy's a narcissist then?
Yet still, I live...

Motorcycle

Post by Motorcycle »

So who's running the betting pool on which girl Teddy ends up with? & what are the odds?
It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying; sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.

washu

Post by washu »

'J' wrote:so... alchemy's a narcissist then?
don't think that's what they are implying. guess we'll soon find out. i took the portrait to mean that AlKimmy is torn between loving being a boy or a girl. it may be that although a Reapers appearance is influenced by the person that sees them, AlKimmy only has trouble keeping him/herself one gender because h/she is also unsure of what h/she wants to be. self identity problems could be very common among people that can shape-shift so easily.

also, mixed pronouns are hard to write out.
but not as hard as a gender identity crisis! Ba Dum Dum Tiss

on another note entirely. this forum auto changes my double space between sentences down to just one space. it makes my sentences harder to read and i don't like bad grammar rules being forced upon that which i write.
i even tested it with three or four spaces and it still takes them down to just one space.
Rise from Ashes. a new webcomic by Madeleine Rosca, author of Hollow Fields.

Katai

Post by Katai »

I feel like this is a great opportunity to weasel around the conditions of the contract.

Chloe promised to get Teddy a girlfriend in exchange for his eternal soul. Doesn't quite work if he happens to get a genderfluid boyfriend instead >_>

Probably have to run it through underworld lawyers first, but I think we have a solid case.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

washu wrote:on another note entirely. this forum auto changes my double space between sentences down to just one space. it makes my sentences harder to read and i don't like bad grammar rules being forced upon that which i write.
i even tested it with three or four spaces and it still takes them down to just one space.
That sounds more like an html thing. Any white space is condensed down to a space. So you can code 10 blank lines between words and it comes out just one space. There are other characters like &nbsp; that can add more, as well as tags like <br /> that add spacing aside from margins/padding/other styles of tags.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's very likely HTML. Anyway, that particular convention has been in decline since about 1950, and was never a matter of grammar - just some people's typographical habits.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

washu

Post by washu »

it's how i was taught to both write and type. and it's not like i was in school 60 years ago. two spaces do look better, and are easier to read. i think double spaces are superior, and lazy people/ programmers have only pushed for single spaces because computes have trouble dealing with it.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
Rise from Ashes. a new webcomic by Madeleine Rosca, author of Hollow Fields.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Actually, a computer would have no problem dealing with it. For HTML coding, I would assume it's more for readability of the code. Just curious, how do you write two spaces?

philippos42

Post by philippos42 »

The rule is important on old typewriters and with some fonts. But it's deprecated now because most modern fonts don't have equal sizes for each character.

Oh, yeah, the reason I came here: Al & Kimmy together in prom clothes are disturbing.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Web browsers by default condense whitespace in HTML down to a single space, unless you use non-breaking space characters between sentences, or add a CSS style to the page like "whitespace: pre" or "whitespace: pre-wrap".

Unfortunately, for those of us who prefer to double space between sentences, it's not always possible online. On Facebook, and these forum sites, and so many others, I've not found a way to use a nbsp in a post, so you may just have to deal with it.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.