wiseguy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 28-08-14 Stop staring

Post by wiseguy »

Abby/Al-Kimmy/Ted ;)
ImageImage

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

arthurnonimus wrote:What's with Al/Kimmy`s butt fixation?
Um.. just a bit self-conscious? And (unlike "stop staring at my boobs") it works for both genders. And she was doing the whole dancing thing when Teddy came around, and he had a skirt in front of Chloe, so in both situations the butt is not an unreasonable part of anatomy to be conscious about.

(still makes you wonder why she's wearing a skirt, then, but maybe she's not used to so many curious visitors)
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Teenage girl. Worse, teenage girl who's also an aspect of Azrael. Rationality not guaranteed.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Still slightly less disturbing than the idea of Susan dating to me.

Given the usual levels of competence in the supernatural world we've seen so far a Reaper might actually be the least likely character to finally kill Teddy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Alchemy really needs lessons from Natalie Durand of Scary-Go-Round. Now there's a reaper who knows how to wear a short skirt.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

verityheld

Post by verityheld »

Um . . . nowhere, if you reap him, Al.

Tako

Post by Tako »

I get Alchemy isn't too used to interact with other sapient beings, besides reaping her/his targets... she seems oblivious to how romantic and social interactions work (and by that I mean she doesn't understand that reaping souls doesn't mix well with flirting with you targets or with your target's friends).

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I will reap him and cuddle him and call him George!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Alchemy does not disappoint. :))

So Al can swap to Kimmy and back at will. (Another question answered :) ) KIimmy is so cute but she is confusing Chloe's interest I think.

So far, to me, it looks like Kimmy and Teddy could be a thing (YAY!). If Teddy is not scared off by all that has happened who knows how far it could go. Especially if... no I'm saving that for later. Still Al might be more interested in Chloe than the other way around. I don't blame Al for this because Chloe is a hot one.

We might get a strip or two more of this (lord know I like more Al/Kimmy) but, now that Teddy seems to be out of danger it might be a good time to see how Pandora is doing. Specifically I want to see Pandora mess with Charity while getting the energy drink she was sent to get. :ymdevil:
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I like the idea of a gender fluid character :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

brasca wrote:I'm not sure that quizzical look on Chloe's face means. Like the rest of us she might be unclear about what just happened or she might not like like Teddy flirting with death.
Panels 1-3: Unclear what's going on
Panel 5: She's noticed Alchemy's cognitive dissonance, even if "Kimmy" herself hasn't. That's a "Really? You haven't thought this through, have you?" face. Hopefully, next time we see this pair, she grabs the blackboard and starts explaining again...
Tython wrote:Well the interest might be that since Chloe can also gender bend but she risks becoming a male permanently...
Does she actually? Remember, the source she cited was "my cousin told me her friend heard from her aunt's co-worker's grandma". I'm not sure Wikipedia would accept that :). Sounds like the succubus equivalent of an urban myth that she's fallen for...
Spidrift wrote:Sure, crazy is as crazy does. But she's probably not so much batshit insane as clueless on a truly cosmic scale.
I think the moment they start swinging sharp bladed objects at you with intent to kill, the subtleties of "why" kind of fade out!
FlashD81 wrote:So Al can swap to Kimmy and back at will.
Moreover, I think this strip confirms that Alchemy doesn't have a split personality as s/he gender flips.
FlashD81 wrote:We might get a strip or two more of this (lord know I like more Al/Kimmy) but, now that Teddy seems to be out of danger it might be a good time to see how Pandora is doing. Specifically I want to see Pandora mess with Charity while getting the energy drink she was sent to get. :ymdevil:
Yeah. I was hoping for some more Pandora solo after #166 as she tries to con some angel into buying the drink for her, but it hasn't really happened yet...

ronbo

Post by ronbo »

Since demonic contracts are notoriously specific when it suits their purpose, I'm assuming that Teddy could actually become involved with Al/Kimmy and not satisfy the terms of release since he/she would not technically be a "girl"friend.
I believe in the Bread Fairy.

Tython

Post by Tython »

Tython wrote:Well the interest might be that since Chloe can also gender bend but she risks becoming a male permanently...
Zippy wrote:Does she actually? Remember, the source she cited was "my cousin told me her friend heard from her aunt's co-worker's grandma". I'm not sure Wikipedia would accept that :). Sounds like the succubus equivalent of an urban myth that she's fallen for...
http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips-dc/the_big_show

Seems even Lucretia knows that the possibility is very real otherwise she wouldn't have been freaking out the way she was.

CFT

Post by CFT »

I don't have any serious commentary for this page, except pointing out that Alchemy's joyful expression of triumph on panel 3 ("there we go") is freaking amazing! :D

PS: @Tython: I think that's still a part of the "joke": that Lucretia also strongly believes that myth, as well (I assume) all of the young/inexperienced succubi.
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

hightechartist

Post by hightechartist »

ronbo wrote:Since demonic contracts are notoriously specific when it suits their purpose, I'm assuming that Teddy could actually become involved with Al/Kimmy and not satisfy the terms of release since he/she would not technically be a "girl"friend.
Damn, that is a pretty good point, actually.